PDA

View Full Version : The Nova bug has struck!!

CoupeLET
07-10-10, 09:53 PM
Well i sold my Nova a few weeks back and even though i did it to buy something newer, the bug has come back with avengence! I cant seem to help but spend hours upon end scanning the internet looking at them!

This ever happend to any of you before, if so what did you do?

Discuss

:thumb:

EDIT: If any of you have a Nova for sale (as unmolestered as possible/a shell etc) if you know somebody, PM me ;)

Graeme
07-10-10, 09:55 PM
This happened to me, I bought another and then regretted it a month later lmfao

Sloth
07-10-10, 09:57 PM
same here, i think its out me system....

CoupeLET
07-10-10, 09:58 PM
Yeah this seems to be the problem, quite tempted to buy something but they've gone up stupidly in price, either that or im just struggling to find one i see and think .... yeah thats the one! :(

CoupeLET
07-10-10, 09:59 PM

Dont you have one anymore? What did you do?

Andy
07-10-10, 10:00 PM
this must have happened 4/5 times to me now

bazil
07-10-10, 10:01 PM

Hmmmm your title under your name suggests otherwise?

CoupeLET
07-10-10, 10:03 PM
Hmmmm your title under your name suggests otherwise?

Is that somebody elses car?

AlexW
07-10-10, 10:03 PM
I seem to have got away fairly safely, been without my nova for a couple of months. I do not want another nova, Ive gone gay and would chose a corsa over a nova.

General Baxter
07-10-10, 10:05 PM
lmao lol

w88rdy
07-10-10, 10:06 PM
The bug hit me again last year so i have bought and done up a few until i dropped on my new gsi and now its for sale because ive found another lol

General Baxter
07-10-10, 10:07 PM
i managed to get a spoon up my nose, and flick the bug out my ear :)

CoupeLET
07-10-10, 10:11 PM
i managed to get a spoon up my nose, and flick the bug out my ear :)

Nicccce .... im made up for you, just not the poor bug!

General Baxter
07-10-10, 10:12 PM
then i gave it my size 12 boot, and it set me free lol

peester
07-10-10, 10:25 PM
i think your problem simply is you havent replaced the old nova with anything yet.. so just go out and buy a car youve wanted..

AlexW
07-10-10, 10:29 PM
I went out and bought a corsa sport, hardly the car of my dreams :S

CoupeLET
07-10-10, 10:52 PM
I've bought another car, 2 in fact, i just cant seem to shift the bumming things out of my head lol

craig green
07-10-10, 11:21 PM
I'm moving on to pastures new tomorrow, I know I'm going to miss some aspects of driving a Nova. That being the kart like handling.

I won't say I will not be back in one, I dare say I will, but I really dont want to be seen another anytime soon.

So for the last week I've been utterly punishing my lil 1.2 & loving it. They are addictive, end of.

brainsnova
07-10-10, 11:25 PM
i keep the nova bug away from my wallet and just enjoy seeing other projects going well. but my downfall was buying a ford transit

AlexW
07-10-10, 11:25 PM
Nearly asked the stupid question of what are you getting craig, i dont think the big badge gave it away enough... lol

Mike
07-10-10, 11:26 PM
I bought a Corsa instead lol

AlexW
07-10-10, 11:26 PM
i keep the nova bug away from my wallet and just enjoy seeing other projects going well. but my downfall was buying a ford transit

Owning a transit is a project by its own. Whatever its age.

Yorkie
07-10-10, 11:29 PM
i have one.... and search endlessly for them on ebay and when driving around.... my boyfriend doesnt even have one and he searches endlessly on ebay for them.... he want one..... i want another.... actually i want 2 more lol :D

brainsnova
07-10-10, 11:30 PM
Owning a transit is a project by its own. Whatever its age.

lol too true its a 2002 and already i put a new sill on it but its up for sale next week to escape the nightmare.

craig green
07-10-10, 11:30 PM
Nearly asked the stupid question of what are you getting craig, i dont think the big badge gave it away enough... lol

So wrong fella. Merely there to throw you's off the scent. lol

As BrainsNova said, I'm gonna be happy to observe other peeps buld & crash their Novas for a while. maybe when I win the lottery I'll buy Keith's. lol

Mike
07-10-10, 11:34 PM
Craigs gone Jap no?

I just like building cars, an driving them into things, mostly bikers, wheelie bins & other cars lol

adam c
07-10-10, 11:54 PM
I sold my Nova about 18 month ago but i'm trying to stop the urge to go buy another!instead im just stock piling parts to build another! lol

Tbh i feel like a smackhead not being able to get rid of the urge:( No matter how much i try convince myself that they're a waste of time etc i still find myself searching on ebay for them at 2am when everyones gone to bed!lol

CoupeLET
08-10-10, 12:01 AM
I sold my Nova about 18 month ago but i'm trying to stop the urge to go buy another!instead im just stock piling parts to build another! lol

Tbh i feel like a smackhead not being able to get rid of the urge:( No matter how much i try convince myself that they're a waste of time etc i still find myself searching on ebay for them at 2am when everyones gone to bed!lol

+1

I know the feeling dude :thumb:

draper
08-10-10, 12:12 AM
ive got a shell to be building up (and a spare shell), 2 engines in pieces (3 if you count my replacement vectra lump) and a lock-up full of parts but i still worked out wether i could justify buying a breeze blue SR lol

i could NEVER have one as my only/main transport tho, far to old/sensible for that

CoupeLET
08-10-10, 12:14 AM
ive got a shell to be building up (and a spare shell), 2 engines in pieces (3 if you count my replacement vectra lump) and a lock-up full of parts but i still worked out wether i could justify buying a breeze blue SR lol

i could NEVER have one as my only/main transport tho, far to old/sensible for that

Your just hogging them all, as lionel richie says: "share" lol

brainsnova
08-10-10, 12:36 AM
i find it easy not too buy another as i have nowhere to build it and i dont have a driveway

AlexW
08-10-10, 12:57 AM
lol too true its a 2002 and already i put a new sill on it but its up for sale next week to escape the nightmare.

lol lol We have one in work, more effort than its worth!

CG - Damm you, If there is no thread posted, you suck.

And on topic, i have the space and the money to build one the same, but id only build a minter of one, which isnt worth the hassle IMO.

danderv
08-10-10, 06:09 AM
Get rid before the fuel pump,dual mass or timing chain golol

Since getting my sport i have the bug and it surprises me how many people on here slag nova's off on a nova forum?Go figure that one.If you don't like them why are you here at all?

peester
08-10-10, 06:23 AM
I've bought another car, 2 in fact, i just cant seem to shift the bumming things out of my head lol

oh, haddent realised, lol