PDA

View Full Version : How long??

Will
23-05-03, 02:57 PM
do i have to send my new insurance company proof of NCB, ive gota dig it out and find an address, and the bastards still havent sent me a blody cover note :evil:

Dicko
23-05-03, 03:13 PM
some places r a right b1tch these days, my m8 got a new car, they never sent a cover note or a proper certificate, he completely forgot until he came to rnew his tax, ended up paying ?10 for a certificate cuz they said they dont send them out unless requested, well how the hell are ya suppose to get tax withoiut it? lol

?Marty?
23-05-03, 03:25 PM
Yeah, they do take the piss a bit.

They normally send the certificate of insurance with the contracts which you have to check and sign, and it tells you with them how long you have in which to send proof of ncb (or whether they'll collect it from you previous insurers themselves - as some of mine have done).

Until you have signed those contracts, none of the terms apply.

Edited to add: if you don't send in proof of your ncb, then they'll increase your premium by whatever discound you were given by the ncb. Even if you're late, when you do finally send the proof in, then they'll discount it again and refund you.

jkhilton
23-05-03, 03:47 PM
do what I did, argue with the insurance company that they should be able to phone your old insurance and get the details. After around a month of me moaning I eventually spoke to a girl at Direct Line that agreed to phone up and she then called back an hour later and told me I had one more years no claims than I had originally said!! RESULT! they sent me a letter confirming this and no I have cheaper insurance :)

ade
25-05-03, 12:07 AM
depends on how nice you are and who you get through to

We ask you to send in your proof - we can make a call to another insurance company but there are 3 main probs

1. Data Protection - they dont have to give it us because theyre giving account specific information away

2. Loyalty - why should they give away NCB details when they maybe able to retain you as a customer

3. Cancellation - to cancel you usually have to send your docs back to the old insurance company - and if you aint donw that yet then in their eyes you aint cancelled (regardless of the phone call to them to advise)

So I'd say for alot less hastle and agro just send it in to them - usually when you return the proposal form confirming all docs are accurate - most places supply a free envelope

We do

:D