PDA

View Full Version : Heater Not Working - X14XE in Nova - any ideas please

dstevenson
05-10-10, 11:10 AM
Hi,

I have a X14XE in a nova rally car but cannot get the heater to work.

It is a rally car so not interested in comfort but need some warm air to keep windscreen demisted as last time out it was distracting to have to keep rubbing the windscreen, lol!!

Piped up from outlet connection on inlet manifold and return to conmnection on corsa plastic hose at the back of the block.

Engine is running fine, cooling system is working well, there is water in the heater but no heat. I assume thius is because there is no flow but cannot see how else it is to be connected.

Can anyone share any experience with X14XE/X16XE into a nova and how they got heater working.

Any help appreciated.

andyfarrer
06-10-10, 03:45 PM
I'm no expert, but mine did the same and my brother-in-law cleaned out the matrix (under the dash) and that did the trick! Most likely clogged up

dstevenson
06-10-10, 09:32 PM
I'm no expert, but mine did the same and my brother-in-law cleaned out the matrix (under the dash) and that did the trick! Most likely clogged up

Thanks for the reply, will give matrix a flush with
the garden hose and see if that helps. It was working fine with the previous engine (8v) so not convinced this is the problem.

Think it is something to do with the differences in the way the corsa 16v and nova 8v engines were piped up tbh.

David