PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my false floor :-)

ollster
23-05-03, 11:17 AM
A few people have asked for some pics of my false floor so the link is:

http://www.pcf1994.fsnet.co.uk/carhifi/page_45.htm

It was built by pete calvert and the link to his main page is:

http://www.pcf1994.fsnet.co.uk/carhifi/p0005.htm

He builds all types of custom installs and is excelent at what he does, he also sells car hi-fi.

Any opinions on the floor welcome ;-)

jkhilton
23-05-03, 11:44 AM
that looks nice, but how much does it weigh????

elsey197
23-05-03, 11:49 AM
that looks really good mate, like the way it just looks like theres nothing there, then for shows and stuff you can take all the covers off and it look spot on :lol:

Stuart
23-05-03, 12:03 PM
when did you go to tokyo? lol :D

looks v good

wisewood
23-05-03, 12:05 PM
Cant believe none of you have asked yet... so i will.

How much did it cost you mate?
I really like it.

Nova-Flair
23-05-03, 01:04 PM
very nice m8 just like gthe rest of the car its always been my favourite SRi on the site. keep up the good work.

ollster
23-05-03, 01:38 PM
Thanx for all the compliments i am very happy with it, it looks even better in real life.

jkhilton - i dont know an exact weight, but it is very light, and it can all be taken out easily for use on trackdays.

cambridge - we flew the car over specailly for the photoshoot :P :wink:

wisewood - it cost just over ?200, and i helped out with a few things. Pete actaully had the car for a week, so you can apreciate how much time and effort has gone into it.

wisewood
23-05-03, 01:43 PM
Nice one... i had a little look at some of the other stuff he's done on his site. Might contact him and see about something simpler for the boot of the clio - and a stealth shelf made up in red to match the car :D

mikeoxford
23-05-03, 01:46 PM
v nice olly.

still think you need a water cooler or a minifridge though :D

Will
23-05-03, 02:41 PM
good effort, i like it

The way it sits up high is wickid :D top job, love the car tis a minter

Any engine plans for future?

ollster
23-05-03, 03:02 PM
i was thinking more along the lines of a cooker and kitchen sink mike :wink:

ive got big plans for the engine, im just in the process of buying a very highly modified c14se engine off jaygemson on mig, which im going to put jenvy throttle bodies on among other things.

nova---chris
23-05-03, 03:15 PM
Nice floor
Nice car
Look forward to seeing it

What roll cage is that
and how much was it.
i want one. and havet he cash . time to buy!!

?Marty?
23-05-03, 03:20 PM
Nice.

But a week!? Does he work an hour a day or something, it's ridiculously slow for what it is.

Will
23-05-03, 04:05 PM
he prob was working on other stuff at the same time coollllll

jatinder
23-05-03, 04:08 PM
looks nice like it
if your getting that highly tunned engine can i buy your old one i cannot for the life of me find a cylinder head for a sri its doing my nut in!!!!!!

locky
23-05-03, 05:34 PM
Lookin really nice m8! 8)

wisewood
23-05-03, 05:37 PM
Just showed my mate here at work... he was very impressed with what you got for the money mate.

ollster
23-05-03, 09:37 PM
ctunnicliffe01 - cheers for the kinds words, its a rollcentre cage and it cost 220 unpainted.

cool.Marty - No he wasnt working on it solid, but for all labour to be taken into acount it should have cost somewhere in the region of ?500. You cant really see how much attention to detials has gone into makeing it fit perfect and look like a factory job (especially when the covers are on)

jatinder - The engine will be up for grabs, but it wont be till the end of the year, as i am going to run this engine untill september whenthe car goes away for another winter rebuild :roll:

Yeh wisewood i think it is a good price, tbh you dont find many people who actually do jobs like these, and especially to this standard. I could not recomend PCF (Pete's buissiness) highly enough, if anyone wants to see it up close come say hello at the PV show and ive got some buissiness cards for PCF.

mikeoxford
23-05-03, 10:49 PM
throttle bods :o

nice one!

Fester
24-05-03, 12:22 PM
looks tops!

RobIsGrt18
24-05-03, 12:53 PM
i do like that m8, nice one :) !!

i just finished helping me m8 finish his boot install yesturday....will get sum pics up soon!!

?Marty?
24-05-03, 03:47 PM
Fair enough, there's probably a lot more to it then can be seen in the pics.

Looks good.

ollster
25-05-03, 01:00 AM
cheers for all the comments peeps

mikeoxford
26-05-03, 11:25 PM
rebuild AGAIN ? :o

just the engine surely? :o

ollster
27-05-03, 01:30 AM
lol you will have to wait and see mike i get very bored on the cold winter nights :roll:.

mikeoxford
28-05-03, 12:11 AM
lol you will have to wait and see mike i get very bored on the cold winter nights :roll:.

:o

id do exactly the same but i wish i had an endless pot of cash like you seem to!!!!

your cars a minter why you want to take it to pieces again you nutter!?

ollster
28-05-03, 12:56 AM
endless amounts of cash lol, mate im a student im broke!,

cheers for the compliment though, im having things chromed at the moment and they look so good i reckon i am going to get every bolt that i can take off this winter and have it either nickel or chrome plated :roll: , i want to plate all the exhaust heat shield under the car too + strip and paint the rear axel silver etc etc etc.

thats if i keep it anyway, if someone makes me an offer i cant refuse for it then it will go and i will build that caterham that ive always wanted 8)

http://www.ciudadfutura.com/superautos/c/caterham-superlightr30001.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm rear wheel drive :twisted: