PDA

View Full Version : IP Address to Actual address?

Dod
03-10-10, 08:28 PM
I know "Da Fedz" can do it but is there any way to find someones home/work address with their IP address?

Pete
03-10-10, 08:33 PM
pretty sure its illegal. but i may be wrong....

draper
03-10-10, 08:41 PM
no-ones asked about legallity lol

if the adverts on sex sites are anthing to go by mine is always wrong

Austin.J
03-10-10, 09:25 PM
http://www.geobytes.com/iplocator.htm

That ones not bad, not great but not bad.

phazer
03-10-10, 09:46 PM
As per the link above you can get to the local area (which may be a huuuuge area) or even sometimes the actual exchange. To get the actual user details for an IP at a given time requires a Police request to the ISP. Not sure if it needs a court order as well though.

Jack
03-10-10, 09:51 PM
No, as the IP will merely resolve to the ISP host.

The ISP will keep a log of what user logs in on what IP address, so you can find out from that, but there's no way they'd release that information unless you had a reason to need it.

wwmnw
03-10-10, 11:26 PM
http://www.geobytes.com/iplocator.htm

That ones not bad, not great but not bad.

According to that I'm in Wakefield, I don't even know where Wakefield is.

Can an IP address be traced to a home address by a hacker? It has been done, how I don't know as I'm not that 1337.

Dod
04-10-10, 01:18 PM
Cheers folks!

mowgli
04-10-10, 03:20 PM
right, everyone else is missing the point......

dod, what have you been up to???? did you have a row with some bigger boys on the net??

Jack
04-10-10, 05:24 PM
Can an IP address be traced to a home address by a hacker? It has been done, how I don't know as I'm not that 1337.
Not unless said haxx0rz has access to ISP login lists, i.e. match IP to user account THEN match user account to personal details. So they'd have to haxx0rz their way into the ISP user records. Not unpossible, but highly unlikely.

Dod
04-10-10, 10:27 PM
right, everyone else is missing the point......

dod, what have you been up to???? did you have a row with some bigger boys on the net??

No. I'm owed money and the person that owes it isnt paying up. I'm trying to find his address so I can break every window in his house, burn all his cars and beat him into a Coma.

Angus Closier
04-10-10, 11:48 PM
No. I'm owed money and the person that owes it isnt paying up. I'm trying to find his address so I can break every window in his house, burn all his cars and beat him into a Coma.

Sounds like more than a few squids then??:confused:

Sloth
05-10-10, 12:38 AM
prob only over a fiver over there.... :d