PDA

View Full Version : x14xe Nova mk1 Question

Linch
03-10-10, 02:47 PM
Since Removing my x16xe Tb'd Engine from my 1983 Nova saloon, To sell the car I got a x14xe off a friend.

Now as the x16xe was running after market management, I had no worry about immobilizers or fuel and spark ect. Fuel pump is on a fused switch/kill switch.

The x14xe is all mounted up, connected, only thing left in they bay is the fuel lines, hopefully get them put on when it stops raining.

Now what Iv been told is that you can have the immobilizer removed from the ecu, or "zero'd" if not then I will have to wire in the transponder and vss correct? I have the 9 pin plug wired in with perm live, ign live, cts, earth, tac ect. fuel pump is still on the switch. Is there anything wrong with this set up with the fuel on the switch? and I need to know about the immobilizer thanks.

The ECU is a Tigra 1.4 litre 16 Valve 94 on 4 Delco Multec S BNKZ 16213759 XED6BNKZ

AlexW
03-10-10, 03:16 PM
Your need the VSS for the ecu anyway.

Its not worth the hassle of trying to disable the ecu immobilizer, once you have it setup in the first place, you never touch it after!

Your need the ecu, transponder and the chip from within the key from the same car (If you do need these, i do have a ecu set for sale). The plug from the transponder aswell from a corsa/astra or whatever (I also have).