PDA

View Full Version : Bloody novas!

SR-Rally
01-10-10, 11:07 PM
Been working on the nova all night ready for rally tomorrow, sorted most the problems out so took it for drive to test the brakes, I got 50m from my house and inner cv has snapped :s so got another late night as still other jobs to do grrr.
Anyway rant over going to get a cupa and go back out to it

mowgli
01-10-10, 11:11 PM
keep the faith. you can't blame the car for a cv failing... a spot of rallying did that..

GroupB
01-10-10, 11:12 PM
Oh the joys of rallying I remember it well.....
Good luck with it and i hope you finish it in time, If i was nearer i would come and give you a hand....:)

Is it a night Rally or stage rally your doing?

fearless
01-10-10, 11:45 PM
Better to break tonight than the 1st stage of the rally tomorrow -

Do you run a driveshaft spacer between the hub bearing and the outer cv joint?
Have you got the correct driveshaft plunge for your CV joints?
That may be the cause of your problem

Dave

Will F
02-10-10, 12:01 AM
How did you manage to snap an inner CV??

Something aint right there mate

SR-Rally
02-10-10, 12:04 AM
Taken spare shaft off another nova now and started stripping the rally car. How will I get the end of drive shaft in the gearbox out if that makes sense? As can't pull it out because not connect to shaft anymore so no grip.

SR-Rally
02-10-10, 12:06 AM
How did you manage to snap an inner CV??

Something aint right there mate

I'm not sure :s was changing into third when happened :s and wasn't giving it any beans. The cars done 20 odd rallys with it how is and no problem though :s confused and tired

mk1nova_rich
02-10-10, 12:12 AM
you get my text mate?

SR-Rally
02-10-10, 12:13 AM
I don't have signal where I live sorry bud. Whack me a pm :)

fearless
02-10-10, 12:23 AM
Use two pry bars either side of cv joint - try to apply even pressure to the joint, if it cocks over to one side you will struggle to get it out easily

Might need a slight tap with a hammer to pop out if the spring clip on the cv joint is a good one !! :)

SR-Rally
02-10-10, 01:16 AM
:) all sorted now :) been for another spin but this time no problem. All the brakes are even working spot on lol just got few things to do in the morning and then go have some fun :) thanks guys will send some rep :)

SR-Rally
03-10-10, 04:18 PM
:) well finished the rally with a third in class and another trophie so not to bad.
Especially as half way through the night we got an intermitent fault with engine cutting out all the time.

Danny s-p
03-10-10, 04:26 PM
gd any pic or video's

SR-Rally
03-10-10, 04:52 PM
When photographers pop some up on brittish rally forum il post them here:)

mk1nova_rich
03-10-10, 05:02 PM
well done mate :)

Rickardo
03-10-10, 06:50 PM
I'm sure i saw this on a trailer at Birch Services yesterday (2nd).

I was waiting for fellow png's for a RR.