PDA

View Full Version : Weighing a cat in?

L33 LEG
01-10-10, 12:03 PM
I have a couple of catalytics, not actual cats :roll: on an exhaust system which maybe worth around £50 if i could sell it on (a 328 twin bm system), however i have read on a forum that somebody got £71 just for a cat and other people have seen higher prices than that. Years ago im sure it was less than a tenner weighing them in.

Has anybody on here recently done it and if so, how much did you get? I don't want to grind mine off and then find out later that it wasnt worth it.

L14MNP
01-10-10, 12:04 PM
I'd go to EMR if you can mate. it depends what kind of cat it is, euro, half etc etc. Also if it's OEM it is worth far far more.

I weighed in the one from the donor 940 Volvo and was told 'hmm it's only a half cat' still got £40 though. :)

L33 LEG
01-10-10, 12:06 PM
I'd go to EMR if you can mate. it depends what kind of cat it is, euro, half etc etc. Also if it's OEM it is worth far far more.

I weighed in the one from the donor 940 Volvo and was told 'hmm it's only a half cat' still got £40 though. :)

It is EMR i go to and they are oem cats. Not sure what you class as big but im sure they look a bit bigger than normal nova ones. I may go chop them off now and take a trip down. Hate using bloody grinders lol

L14MNP
01-10-10, 12:09 PM
Do it. Aye, grinding a cat off when the car's on it's wheels/the right way up sucks.

Think of the loot though, if they're massive they should top the scales nicely. lol

Also, pics of dimsembered BMW would be nice. :)

L33 LEG
01-10-10, 12:12 PM
Luckily the exhaust is just sitting on my garage floor. Have you not been reading my thread L14M? :eek: i took this pic a few weeks ago, managed to get a stripped car with no doors, interior and roof weighing 1.5tonne lol

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/L33LEG/new%20cars/e36cab090.jpg

L14MNP
01-10-10, 12:14 PM
:( I haven't been mate. I haven't seen it near the top for a while so I assumed you weren't updating it.

lol Poor Zimma!

L33 LEG
01-10-10, 12:19 PM
Well it won't be updated for a while. Im saving up until next year and then buying a new car. Poor zimma indeed lol and also poor pugGTi wil be getting sold in a few months hopefully, at least then i will finally have to get the bm coupe back on the road, for winter like :wtf:

Sloth
01-10-10, 12:24 PM
why'd ya strip the cab?

L33 LEG
01-10-10, 12:35 PM
Couldnt be arsed selling it lol Had too many little faults to sort and being summer there were loads for sale and didnt think i would be able to shift it. I would of been asking around £2500 for it and i would of had to get 6 months tax on it aswell, by stripping it im going to end up with around £2300 and was fun doing it and has only taken 3-4 weeks to shift 90% of it.