PDA

View Full Version : Rollover Jig.....

GroupB
30-09-10, 10:13 PM
Has anyone got plans for a rolleover jig for the Nova?

I know you can buy them from MK2 on ebay but I would prefer to make my own.
I won't be doing under the car just yet but I like to be prepared........:thumb:

GroupB
Nova 1.6 GTE Restoration (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155015)

GroupB
30-09-10, 10:22 PM
up

GroupB
30-09-10, 11:17 PM
up

Paul
30-09-10, 11:17 PM
Ill measure mine up check my WIP for pics. I jus guestimated, and its been on there for 2months so far! Cost me nothing but a few hours.

GroupB
30-09-10, 11:19 PM
Thanks Paul I'll check your wip.............:thumb:

Paul
30-09-10, 11:40 PM
I warn u now it don't look pretty but it works and it wont go upside down, but IMO dont need to go all the way round, if im working on bottom i have it at 90deg to floor. Bt 10 pages back from end ish.

HTH mate

Hobbit
30-09-10, 11:48 PM
There was no need to "up" this thread twice in a hour...

GroupB
30-09-10, 11:53 PM
There was no need to "up" this thread twice in a hour...

And your point is?

Connor
01-10-10, 12:12 AM
You need a hand mate when making the jig let us know mate

Mark
01-10-10, 12:14 AM
And your point is?

His point is (being he's a moderator)

That if you keep doing it or give him attitude you'll be suspended for a while. ;)

GroupB
01-10-10, 01:25 PM
His point is (being he's a moderator)

That if you keep doing it or give him attitude you'll be suspended for a while. ;)

Don't Take this the wrong Way.

I'm not on here to give anyone attitude or do anything wrong, If i'm not aware of all the rules then sorry.
Why didn't Hobbit say he was a moderator?
Tell you one thing if anyone gives me attitude then you can stuff the site.......:thumb:
I came on here for sole aim of communicating with fellow enthusiasts of the classic Nova.....:) Not to bicker and argue the toss.

GroupB
01-10-10, 01:27 PM
You need a hand mate when making the jig let us know mate

Hi Connor,
Many thanks for the offer, i'll let you know when i'm going to make the jig, your welcome to come and give me a hand................:thumb:

steviegsi
01-10-10, 01:40 PM
Check the for sale ads on here mate. Iirc someone made a few and had at least one left no one wanted. Wasn't very dear either.

GroupB
01-10-10, 01:47 PM
Check the for sale ads on here mate. Iirc someone made a few and had at least one left no one wanted. Wasn't very dear either.

Will do many thanks.................Top Bannana!....:thumb:

Spudly
01-10-10, 01:49 PM
Don't Take this the wrong Way.

I'm not on here to give anyone attitude or do anything wrong, If i'm not aware of all the rules then sorry.
Why didn't Hobbit say he was a moderator?
Tell you one thing if anyone gives me attitude then you can stuff the site.......:thumb:
I came on here for sole aim of communicating with fellow enthusiasts of the classic Nova.....:) Not to bicker and argue the toss.

Easy tiger, the rules are set out and you have to read them and click you have read them to complete your registration, im not picking at you at all here bud, and yes i am one of the moderators aswell, but we get such an influx of illiterate or downright rude n00bs we have to be fairly quick on enforcing the rules, it was not meant as a dig at you he was merely stating there was no need to have done it, please click on the rules here 'Forum Rules (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/view.php?pg=forumrules)' and have a scan through them, theyre not too bad i dont think and just help to keep this place nice and friendly for all.

Please dont think im having a go at you as i assure you i am not, merely trying to explain to you politely and fairly:thumb:

Nazi hat is now off and hanging on the hat stand in the corner lol

GroupB
01-10-10, 02:05 PM
Easy tiger, the rules are set out and you have to read them and click you have read them to complete your registration, im not picking at you at all here bud, and yes i am one of the moderators aswell, but we get such an influx of illiterate or downright rude n00bs we have to be fairly quick on enforcing the rules, it was not meant as a dig at you he was merely stating there was no need to have done it, please click on the rules here 'Forum Rules (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/view.php?pg=forumrules)' and have a scan through them, theyre not too bad i dont think and just help to keep this place nice and friendly for all.

Please dont think im having a go at you as i assure you i am not, merely trying to explain to you politely and fairly:thumb:

Nazi hat is now off and hanging on the hat stand in the corner lol

Many thanks for explaining and clearing that up Spudly...:)
Is there a list of Moderators or admin etc, so that if i get pulled up for any reason i at least know who i am communicating with?

AlexW
01-10-10, 02:07 PM
Name colour, Your blue (not paid up!), Red is club member (£10) and then mods/admin have Black names.

I cant remember how you find the list of them lol

Spudly
01-10-10, 02:10 PM
Not a problem bud, we all try to be fair and straight with everyone but you cant always tell how someone is meaning what theyre writing with it just being written word and no feeling or emphasis on any of it, thats why the smileys are a great tool on here but i tend not to use them when im being 'official' (lol)

We dont actually have a list but if you look at the username you can tell, moderators are normal sized font but black, forum admin are bold and blue, club admin are bold and black.
Myself, Adam, burgo and Hobbit are the mods, Stuart and Wisewood are forum admin, Lee, Jack, Dan, Kev and Ade are the club admin, i think thats it and ive not missed anyone off lol

GroupB
01-10-10, 02:12 PM
Name colour, Your blue (not paid up!), Red is club member (£10) and then mods/admin have Black names.

I cant remember how you find the list of them lol

Great thanks for that, I should be a Red soon then when I join next week,
Well thats if they'll have me as a member...............lol lol

Spudly
01-10-10, 02:13 PM
Great thanks for that, I should be a Red soon then when I join next week,
Well thats if they'll have me as a member...............lol lol

Anyone is welcome bud, the main rules are, wipe your feet before you come in and the more the merrier lol

GroupB
01-10-10, 02:21 PM
Anyone is welcome bud, the main rules are, wipe your feet before you come in and the more the merrier lol

Thank You.
Recieved and Understood Captain......lol .......:thumb:

Jack
01-10-10, 02:42 PM
We dont actually have a list
Ohhh yes we do (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showgroups.php)

Ok so thats not a comprehensive list (for some reason only region coords show up as mods, not forum mods) but still. As said, the colour of the member name shows their status - if you look at the main page here (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/index.php) there's a list of the online members and then what colours their names relate to :thumb:

GroupB
01-10-10, 03:08 PM
Thanks everybody.....:) ...........:thumb:

Now can we get back to the subject I originally started......Rollover Jigs..lol

Has anyone else either got one they want to sell, rent or has plans for, no major panic as i won't be starting on the underneath just yet...
Thank you

Paul
01-10-10, 03:29 PM
To be fair mate its easy as fcuk to make, use the front bumper iron bars and bolts where the rear bumper iron bolts on.

GroupB
01-10-10, 03:37 PM
I'm sure it will be easy to make but thought i would ask for info if someone like you has made one..........

Is that the centre of gravity and how high would the pivot point to be off the ground enabling 360 degree rotation with a bit of ground clearance...:thumb:

Paul
01-10-10, 03:53 PM
I cant see why you would need 360degree rotation? I will measure how high mine is and let you know.

GroupB
01-10-10, 04:04 PM
I cant see why you would need 360degree rotation? I will measure how high mine is and let you know.

I know what you mean about the 360 business but if i going to build one might as well have that as a feature....
Cos you never know when it might come in handy...............lol

Paul
01-10-10, 04:56 PM
It wont come in handy? Its completely pointless and makes the car higher when its on its side, just my opinion after workign on cars on both.

stt
01-10-10, 05:57 PM
have a look at my project thread (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148491) - post 33 and 53

i used a corsa beam and used the whole hub assembly as the pivot and a handbrake to enable me to lock it in any position i want

stt
01-10-10, 05:58 PM
oh and mine does 360 rotation and is fine, i wouldnt bother building one that doesnt rotate completely

Paul
01-10-10, 06:15 PM
Agree to disagree, absoloutely no point whatsoever in having it rotating through 360degrees, if you are working on the floor you do it on its side, you dont turn it completely upside down, as it would be about 2metres off of the floor.

Paul

Andy
01-10-10, 06:19 PM
and it would be a ballache,when it could simply be the full floor area in front of you rather than it be like a snooker table,having to walk round all time cos you cant reach!

GroupB
01-10-10, 06:29 PM
I think the only reason I would want it to do a 360 degree is that you can work more comfortably on both sides (Underside).
i.e If your working by the top cill say Nearside the offside cill is at the bottom, with the 360 facility you could rotate the shell 180 degree either way so the offside cill is at the top and the nearside at the bottom.
A more comfortable height to work and the shell is about 5" clear or the ground.

Obviously I can't see any reason at the mo why you would want the shell completely upside down (Like a pool Table).............:)