PDA

View Full Version : Sr/sport Seat Material

novadose2009
29-09-10, 01:47 PM
hi as we all no SR + Sport seats are not easy 2 find and get hold of and just wondered if anyone had every found anywere that sells that material or if anyone had done it before.

thanks for looking

GRUNT 16V
29-09-10, 01:50 PM
hi as we all no SR + Sport seats are not easy 2 find and get hold of and just wondered if anyone had every found anywere that sells that material or if anyone had done it before.

thanks for looking
lol more chance of sprouting a fanny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

GRUNT 16V
29-09-10, 01:54 PM
your best bet is to find a second hand interior and rob the good bits !lol

mowgli
29-09-10, 02:00 PM
talk to some seat trimmers... you never know.

Edd
29-09-10, 04:06 PM
I made a small effort to find sone material before.

First think to find out IMO is, who made the seats any ask them, maybe some left, if not get a decent material place to make some.

I'm sure if any one did get some sorted there would be a lot of others interested.

amggsi
29-09-10, 04:06 PM
Buy an 84/85 Manta GT/E and rob the seats out of it for the material!!!!

mowgli
29-09-10, 04:24 PM
Buy an 84/85 Manta GT/E and rob the seats out of it for the material!!!!

well thats a cheap way of getting a set.........

Edd
29-09-10, 04:38 PM
lol probably just as faded as nova ones as well

I'd love some new material tbh :d

mowgli
29-09-10, 04:40 PM
people can prototype material these days... i have no idea of the cost though

amggsi
29-09-10, 04:41 PM
well thats a cheap way of getting a set.........

I'd like to hope no one would take it seriously, although I have robbed the seats out of one before and put the newer Exclusive interior in it, and sold it on for more than I got it for!!lol

Andy
29-09-10, 04:42 PM
anything is possible if you wave cash about

Edd
29-09-10, 04:46 PM
anything is possible if you wave cash about
Need to know who to wave it at tho lol

Anyone any idea who made the seats in the first place ? Probably a good place to start

Or any place, if they excist, which you go approach to make some up.

I got a few spare seats to cut material off for samples.

phazer
29-09-10, 05:58 PM
Are they not Recaro? They apparently used to/still? supply the seats in kit form for Vauxhall to make up. The one's badged as Recaro come straight from them assembled and ready to fit.

Not sure how accurate this is but I've been given the info by different people and have spoken to Recaro direct when I had my Vec. GSi...might be a starting point?

dannyb
29-09-10, 06:06 PM
What do you need the fabric for exactly?

novadose2009
29-09-10, 06:33 PM
as i cannot get any sr sport brown seats id get any material sr seats and get them recovered if it was possible

salter
29-09-10, 07:46 PM
I tried Recaro a few years back but didn't get anywhere with the material.

After that though I contacted a few seat trimmers but the only one who said they could do it was Classic Car Services(they were at Billing this year). They wanted around £650 to re-cover the interior, it was around 3 years ago.

I sent them pictures of the interior and they seemed confident they could match the material but I never went through with it.