PDA

View Full Version : What suspension with c20xe

w88rdy
29-09-10, 12:15 AM
Right guys im currently struggling to get some weight rated springs for my conversion and have tried using coilovers but they required spacers and i dont want to go down the spacer road.

Its a xe conversion on speedline allessios and its catching on the wings due to how soft the kit we have on at the moment,i never had any probs using a spax 60mm kit on my old one but with a new 35mm supersport kit it scuffing the wings any time we go near a dip in the road what springs do i need and where can i get them??

wwmnw
29-09-10, 12:29 AM
What poundage are the springs you have on now? I think most people use 300lb.

w88rdy
29-09-10, 12:36 AM
standard mate but where do i get the springs from??

Benn
29-09-10, 08:00 AM
If you use coilover with out helper springs they are fine on the front.

bmw156
29-09-10, 08:49 AM
dont take out the helper springs lol. they are there for a reason

give faulker springs a call and they can do you some proper springs for about 30 quid each, to the spec you want.

Shaun
29-09-10, 09:16 AM
my spax coilovers rubbed :(

only need a small spacer fella

BRoadGhost
30-09-10, 07:21 PM
All depends.

Things such as ride height front AND REAR, shell rigidity, weight, tyre aspect, personal preference [i.e little over sprung]...

But if I assume seam welded bay XE engine, fairly neutral stance, standard ish interior, fair sized front drop, for fast road use, I wouldn't go softer than a 325lb/ft 6" main.

Benn
30-09-10, 07:54 PM
dont take out the helper springs lol. they are there for a reason.

Yes but only to help the spring locate if its free to move, wont be free at all to move when driving...

mayhem
30-09-10, 08:00 PM
only job the helper spring has is to prevent the main springs from coming loose when the car is on a lift. (mot)