PDA

View Full Version : You just don't see (hear) it anymore

L14MNP
28-09-10, 11:53 AM
Some little kid, maybe 10/12 just rode down the street on his MTB with a drinks can wedged in between the frame and rear tyre. lol

Stuart
28-09-10, 11:54 AM
He gets rep :)

L14MNP
28-09-10, 11:56 AM
I would, but you just can't approach small children when you are deemed a 'man' lol

Stuart
28-09-10, 12:04 PM
"here little kid, have a green sticker, is what I said to him M'lord, please dont put me in jail"

Sloth
28-09-10, 12:07 PM
lolz, i used to put lolly sticks or bits of plastic ice cream tub lid in my back brake onto the spokes, now hellfrauds sell similar for £20....

L14MNP
28-09-10, 12:22 PM
I wonder if he wears a chunk out of the instep on his new trainers due to having no brakes. lol

Stuart
28-09-10, 12:29 PM
I wonder if he wears a chunk out of the instep on his new trainers due to having no brakes. lol

used to love doing that.

als also the risky but fun game of, how scuffed can you get your pedals by keeping them down when turning that direction lol

mowgli
28-09-10, 12:36 PM
i just don't get the bmx thing.....

there are a few who do all the really good trick stuff, and then there are loads of little tw@ts who think a bmx is made to be a pedestrian speed hump outside the local co op. when i go for milk, i regularly have to kick a load out of the way.... and surely someone could actually invent one with a road speed gear & a quick adjust seat setting so it is possible to ride one at road speed, as opposed to 3mph on the path

Southie
28-09-10, 12:45 PM
I had spokey dokeys on my bmx when I was young lol Think they gave them away in cereal packets lol

http://onceuponawin.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/win-pics-spokey-dokes.jpg

mowgli
28-09-10, 12:46 PM
my youngest daughter got some for her bike & they were too small for the spokes....

ben doodar
28-09-10, 12:47 PM
There are so many kids round here on trick bmx's matt black frames with floresent orange wheels etc look cool IMO. But I've not seen one of them doing a single trick! Wheelies, bunnie hops etc, just a bit of a fashion thing ATM I think. I really want one tbh to re live my youth lol. But why the **** do none have them have brakes??!! Bk in my day people used to take the front one off but no brakes what so ever is just suicidal!! I've almost ran a couple of the little ****ers over!!

mowgli
28-09-10, 12:52 PM
i was belting down a country road one night in my L200, and nearly hit a group of them on the road, all wearing regulation green day outfits, ie black, and riding like the magnificent seven side by side down the road in the pitch black... no reflectors, nothing.. luckily i saw some movement at the last second & slung the anchor out..apparently i was a sad of b4stard when i calmed down & approached them to ask why they were doing it

ben doodar
28-09-10, 12:56 PM
My mum used to always go on at me for never having lights on my bike when I was young, I used to say yh but cars have lights so they can see me!! But since passing my driving test I would never use my push bike at night with out lights. It's so easy to not spot someone in the dark!

Stuart
28-09-10, 12:58 PM
Mowgli, was it just Penny Farthings in your day... lol

And avoiding Steam cars was easy :p

mowgli
28-09-10, 01:00 PM
my kids are just getting old enough that they want to go round to their mates or to an after school activity without the car trip... so i get them to wear hi viz gear, helmets & fit lights. i also wear the gear too, there is nothing worse than seeing a parent riding a bike with no helmet, or safety stuff, but they make their child wear it.. what sort of message does that give out???

Southie
28-09-10, 01:02 PM
Mowgli, was it just Penny Farthings in your day... lol

Bizarre, I posted something similar in Mowglis other thread lol CLICKY (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1687644&postcount=12)

Stuart
28-09-10, 01:03 PM
responsible, but a bit of a cock :)

Nearly ran some douchebag over last night on his bike with no reflectors/lights/light reflective clothing... he was possibly older than you Mike lol

mowgli
28-09-10, 01:06 PM
stu. the modern safety cycle was about, as was the original chopper bike. i lived in a tiny village with no public transport within 3 miles.. my bike was essential transport

ben doodar
28-09-10, 01:08 PM
We used to have a circuit when we were young, that started at the top of the estate, down the biggest bank with speed humps it was like the grand national! Down the bank around a large roundabout the wrong way, through an ally way, around the back of the town hall jump the 7 large steps across a crossroads with out even looking and down to the petrol station, who ever lost bought the cans of pop for the other lads! Thinking back how the funk we never got knocked off I don't know! Used to be a about a mile n half long and we'd do it in a few minutes!! I'll worry myself sick the day my lad starts to go out on his own. Just because I know the stupid stuff you do when your kids.

John
28-09-10, 01:28 PM
i used to have the ones out of ricicles lol and the reflectors out of cornflakes lol

L14MNP
28-09-10, 01:35 PM
...and the soap powder powered boats you used in the bath. lol

Stuart
28-09-10, 01:41 PM
they were epic!!!

also the submarines that you put bicarb in or something to raise up etc.

ahh the cereal toys of yoof

ben doodar
28-09-10, 01:51 PM

OMG!!! I feal I've missed something awesome hear!!

mowgli
28-09-10, 02:03 PM
breakfast cereal used to be full of vitamins & really good toys....and activities to do with the boxes...... these days they are full of additives & have a web address on them

Stuart
28-09-10, 02:13 PM
or tokens :(

Sloth
28-09-10, 02:32 PM
or smack. hang on.... :s

i had a "orange" 1978 model bmx given by a mates dad, it was chrome and funking light... i loved it. it got knicked at the local shops waaay back. never seen one like it since.

L14MNP
28-09-10, 02:33 PM
Orange as in the MTB's dude?

i punched someone trying to ride away on my Claude Butler from the shops. He had even untied the dog from around the crank. lol

Sloth
28-09-10, 02:44 PM
yar, that orange. twas a quality bike. and for a fat kid i rode it well.

mowgli
28-09-10, 03:00 PM
there is a legendary story from leicester in the early 80s..
in western park they built a bmx track.. this fat kid got given a bmx for christmas... whoever did the pdi was not very good, as he went over a jump, the seat fell off and he was taken to the royal infirmary to have the bike surgically removed & his second ar$ehole sewn up

bmw156
28-09-10, 03:16 PM
i was belting down a country road one night in my L200, and nearly hit a group of them on the road, all wearing regulation green day outfits, ie black, and riding like the magnificent seven side by side down the road in the pitch black... no reflectors, nothing.. luckily i saw some movement at the last second & slung the anchor out..apparently i was a sad of b4stard when i calmed down & approached them to ask why they were doing it

im dieing here, cant stop laughing.

and i used to bmx when i was younger, tried to do tricks with not much luck.

one time i was down the skate park, and there was a 5ft hip. thought i would give it a shot. jumped. landed, snapped the seat with my testies, and then because there was some momentum got the rest of my manly bits dragged into the wheel.
needless to say, i didnt try again.

AlexW
28-09-10, 03:28 PM
The most my bmx gets used for is to get around town on, im sure i look like a ****er jumping off kurbs and annoying people but meh, get out my way etc.

Wouldnt go out on it at night though.

Jack
28-09-10, 05:02 PM
OMFGYESWIN

i had a "orange" 1978 model bmx given by a mates dad, it was chrome and funking light... i loved it. it got knicked at the local shops waaay back. never seen one like it since.
I saw it in the back of a Mk1 cav

Connor
28-09-10, 06:29 PM
lol Jack rubbing salts in the wound :d :thumb:

nova_saloon
28-09-10, 06:36 PM
oooo old can in the wheel, i did that alot.

BenCNova
28-09-10, 07:02 PM
i remember trying to make my back tyre bald by skidding everywhere!

Sloth
28-09-10, 11:16 PM
I saw it in the back of a Mk1 cav

git.

lol

AlexW
28-09-10, 11:21 PM
i remember trying to make my back tyre bald by skidding everywhere!

I have slicks on my bmx lol