PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a mk2 dash

PE4
21-05-03, 11:32 PM
Evenin' all

I have got a mk2 dash ready to fit, but I think I might be missing a bit :?

I have nothing to to connect the top two vents on the mk2 dash (next to the clock), just the actual vents and the little box that fits on the back of them. What am I missing?

Aaaannnd will the mechanism that controls where the air goes ie. windscreen, feet or head, be the same as my mk1, or will I need any other bits too? Also, is the heater controler (temp on hot or cold) a simple case of using the existing mk1 bits?

Thanks guys

Steve

mikeoxford
21-05-03, 11:45 PM
Evenin' all

I have got a mk2 dash ready to fit, but I think I might be missing a bit :?

I have nothing to to connect the top two vents on the mk2 dash (next to the clock), just the actual vents and the little box that fits on the back of them. What am I missing?

Aaaannnd will the mechanism that controls where the air goes ie. windscreen, feet or head, be the same as my mk1, or will I need any other bits too? Also, is the heater controler (temp on hot or cold) a simple case of using the existing mk1 bits?

Thanks guys

Steve

there is a tube between the front two vents and the heater matrix / fan aperture. its pre formed plastic.

you need the cables off the mk2, that run between the dials and the levers on the hetaer / fan on the mk1.

last question, no you need mk2 bits

there is a comprehensive guide on nova-land.com

www.nova-land.com > how to guides > interior > dash swap