PDA

View Full Version : anyone into there bikes

tony k
23-09-10, 02:28 PM
right ive got a kx85 2000 model,just wanted to know if you can make them quicker,its all racetuned,but the powerbands ain that strong on it,might sound a daft question but can you make the powerband more powerful,take alot of effort top get the front wheel up,my mate has got a kx100 1998 model which is a animal,he said he would do a stright swap for mine,dont know if to keep mine and make it quicker

Rexy
23-09-10, 03:00 PM
Grow some, get a 250.

Stuart
23-09-10, 03:09 PM
bikers are gaylords

Rexy
23-09-10, 03:10 PM
I still love you stu, no matter what you think of bikers.

But yeah, I agree some are absolute gaylords...

Danny s-p
23-09-10, 03:49 PM
k85 are 2strok how long it been since it had new piston and rings as they wear a lot and lose most of there power. so new set wood do it some good if you have not had any replaced in a long time my kmx 125 went through a set every 3 month's

stupot89
23-09-10, 03:50 PM
POWER RANGER springs to mind lol

Jack
23-09-10, 04:41 PM
Until bikes can turn 90' on a dime and have walls coming out behind them, I will never be interested.

Neeeyyyoooowwwwwwmmm
http://media.playstadium.dk/images/news/tron/tron-bike.jpg

Andy
23-09-10, 04:45 PM
kx85? i had one of those when i was 12 lol well in those days they were kx80
cr or yz500 for men
try a different sprocket combination

Stuart
23-09-10, 05:16 PM
also what are powerbands?

Andy
23-09-10, 05:17 PM
powerbands r dese fings ya put in crossers an dat to mek em weely in every gear bruv

Stuart
23-09-10, 05:18 PM
wikkkid init

Pistol Pete
23-09-10, 05:18 PM
lol @ KX85....12 year olds race them. 125/250 FTW.

Pistol Pete
23-09-10, 05:20 PM

In a nutshell...keep the bike in the right rev range (i.e revving the nuts off it) and enjoy.

You can also get a powervalve too...lol

mowgli
23-09-10, 05:21 PM
aren't they made of elastic????

ps. jack, your pic no worky...

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/tron_costume_3.jpg

Andy
23-09-10, 05:21 PM
lol @ KX85....12 year olds race them. 125/250 FTW.
powerbands of a 250 would tear his arms off after riding that glorified shopper

Pistol Pete
23-09-10, 05:22 PM
powerbands of a 250 would tear his arms off after riding that glorified shopper

lol fooking right!! I remember my mate letting me have a ride on his 250 back in my MX days (i was in the 125's at the time)....blimey was that a wake up call!!!

Danny s-p
23-09-10, 05:34 PM
lol fooking right!! I remember my mate letting me have a ride on his 250 back in my MX days (i was in the 125's at the time)....blimey was that a wake up call!!!i got hell of wake up call on my mate cr 250 i nearly flew throe the trees were i was ridden

Andy
23-09-10, 05:42 PM
were i was ridden
:eek: kinky...........................

dave watson
23-09-10, 05:47 PM
its like when vtec kicks in on a honda haha best way to describe it

SR-Rally
23-09-10, 05:55 PM
buy my 2003 cr125 instead ;) alloy frame etc and just fitted new bottom end bearings so running really well

DAN-F
23-09-10, 06:00 PM
Change the pistons/rings and put a set of boysen reeds in there

tony k
23-09-10, 06:18 PM
i know it aint the fastest thing,and yes alot of kids ride them,i got it next to nothing,its just been rebuilt aswell,i only got it as i had a bad accident years ago,when i was young being stupid on them,then sold everything,that was ten years ago,just wanna get back on them,so didnt want to jump straight in to the faster bikes,i do agree with whats been said

Andy
23-09-10, 06:32 PM
so what are powerbands then? lol

brettman0
23-09-10, 06:34 PM
hiya m8 had motocross bikes all my life 2 strokes rely on there compression sounds to me if new rings are needed maybe topend rebuild... wiseco pistons are the way forward your kx 85 should be just as quick as the kx100... ive had 2 kx 80's and a kx 100 and the 80's are just as fun..... price of rebuild not to expensive

Jack
23-09-10, 06:57 PM
I have rubber bands, is that the same?

Derick-Sport
23-09-10, 07:00 PM
powerbands just kicked in YO

gazz
23-09-10, 08:26 PM
get rid of the 2 stroke and get 140 pit bike four stroke. so much more fun and more easy to throw about..:thumb:

other wise just make sure every thing is correct ie plug and carb is clean...:thumb:

Danny s-p
24-09-10, 02:42 AM
keep the 2 stroke as it a good make and never get 140 pit bike four stroke. so much more stress and more easy to throw because they end up in bits ..:thumb:

other wise just make sure every thing is correct ie plug and carb is clean...:thumb: edited for the truth. really i have had 3 pit bike all 3 have fell apart. one sent it clutch out the casing at me :wtf:

bazil
24-09-10, 03:02 AM
so what are powerbands then? lol

lol the band in the RPM where the power is, As said like vtec or turbo, both are powerbands in cars, but in a 2 stroke crosser it's much more fun :)

Jack
24-09-10, 09:07 AM
http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/2227/original/VtecPanda.jpg?1242084969

MattBrown
24-09-10, 09:37 AM
POWER RANGER springs to mind lol

lmao.

As per danny-sp.

A kx 85, assuming its nikosil lined barrel, needs a piston, rings and small end bearing every 8 hours of hard useage (Racing etc) Being a tool in a streight line on a field is around 10 hours.

What oil are you running it on?

Is the bike raced?

Whats the compression like?

How many rebuilds has it had?

An 85 should lift the front wheel in 3rd;)

davidfox280585
24-09-10, 09:51 AM
if im correct on the 85 they usually have a dial on the airbox which alters the amount of air getting through to it which altered the power delivery but simple things to try is a new plug clean your air filter, then either a rebuild, try bending the reed block stops a little further out and make sure you have a good exhaust system as 2 strokes rely on back pressure

Rexy
24-09-10, 10:36 AM
I'll have my zx6r b1 engine for sale soon if you wana shoe horn that into place pmsl...

tony k
24-09-10, 12:41 PM
lmao.

As per danny-sp.

A kx 85, assuming its nikosil lined barrel, needs a piston, rings and small end bearing every 8 hours of hard useage (Racing etc) Being a tool in a streight line on a field is around 10 hours.

What oil are you running it on?

Is the bike raced?

Whats the compression like?

How many rebuilds has it had?

An 85 should lift the front wheel in 3rd;)

i know its had one rebuild as my mate said,i think its nikosil lined barrel,its only had about 5 hours use thats with it run in aswell,gonna try another exhaust system for it see what that does,any good makes out there you recommend,aint got a clue about the compression,going out on it sunday will give it a little service on saturday,will ask my mate to get abit more info on it

tony k
24-09-10, 12:43 PM
if im correct on the 85 they usually have a dial on the airbox which alters the amount of air getting through to it which altered the power delivery but simple things to try is a new plug clean your air filter, then either a rebuild, try bending the reed block stops a little further out and make sure you have a good exhaust system as 2 strokes rely on back pressure

i heard that from someone,didnt know if it was just pub talk,will get some new plugs and clean the filter,whats reed block stops aint got a clue what they are

tony k
24-09-10, 12:44 PM
I'll have my zx6r b1 engine for sale soon if you wana shoe horn that into place pmsl...

would love to mate,but will need a big shoe horn tho lol

MattBrown
24-09-10, 12:47 PM
i know its had one rebuild as my mate said,i think its nikosil lined barrel,its only had about 5 hours use thats with it run in aswell,gonna try another exhaust system for it see what that does,any good makes out there you recommend,aint got a clue about the compression,going out on it sunday will give it a little service on saturday,will ask my mate to get abit more info on it

FMF shorty is a good system for an 85 (had one on my cr)

That would lift the wheel in the first, 2nd and 3rd gears, however, it was geared down from the factory.

I would be asking serious questions to yourself, if its loosing power after 5 hours.

Clean the carb out.

DO NOT ALTER JETTING

and then check the exhaust for coking up etc.

Also, what oil?

If its cheap shat, this will be the route of the problem.

Also, does the bike tick over? A 2 stroke motox bike should never, ever tick over:thumb:

Danny s-p
24-09-10, 12:50 PM
go for dep or fmf system. i had full dep system it give it a real tingy sound and power bad came in a lot sharper. so it was easer to put it on it back wheel

tony k
24-09-10, 12:56 PM
FMF shorty is a good system for an 85 (had one on my cr)

That would lift the wheel in the first, 2nd and 3rd gears, however, it was geared down from the factory.

I would be asking serious questions to yourself, if its loosing power after 5 hours.

Clean the carb out.

DO NOT ALTER JETTING

and then check the exhaust for coking up etc.

Also, what oil?

If its cheap shat, this will be the route of the problem.

Also, does the bike tick over? A 2 stroke motox bike should never, ever tick over:thumb:

its comes up in first second and third,thats about it tho,the exhaust its okay as when he rebuilt it,he flushed it out aswell,will check the carb,ive got it ticking over,by adjusting the throttle on the lever or what ever you call it,oil wise aint got a clue whats in it

tony k
24-09-10, 12:57 PM
go for dep or fmf system. i had full dep system it give it a real tingy sound and power bad came in a lot sharper. so it was easer to put it on it back wheel

just been having a look at them look nice,will see what i can get

Sloth
24-09-10, 01:01 PM
wtf is all this 85cc bullshat?

go buy a proper thumper, xt500 anyone?

http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/classic_bikes/yamaha-xt500.php

Andy
24-09-10, 09:17 PM
honda cub 90 is where its at

MattBrown
24-09-10, 09:19 PM
wtf is all this 85cc bullshat?

go buy a proper thumper, xt500 anyone?

http://motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/classic_bikes/yamaha-xt500.php

They're fooling shat!

Had an xt550, slow, underpowered and overweight.

Can't race them, you have to be a brick ****house to enduro one as they're so heavy!

MattBrown
24-09-10, 09:21 PM
its comes up in first second and third,thats about it tho,the exhaust its okay as when he rebuilt it,he flushed it out aswell,will check the carb,ive got it ticking over,by adjusting the throttle on the lever or what ever you call it,oil wise aint got a clue whats in it

What do you mean what's in it?

If it's a kx, then you premix the oil.

And WTF do you expect from a bike made for people under 14?

simonm
24-09-10, 09:21 PM
cub 90 is super cool did a 8hour endurance race on one last february was a laugh around mondelo park but if ya want a buzz get a proper bike gixer 750 all the way 130mph+ wheelies will get your pulse racing

simonm
24-09-10, 09:23 PM
What do you mean what's in it?

If it's a kx, then you premix the oil.

And WTF do you expect from a bike made for people under 14?

have to agree matt get a proper bike i have a kxf250 aswell and its plenty :thumb:

MattBrown
24-09-10, 09:28 PM
Also, tickin over will **** it up.

Adjust it back, so if you shut the throttle it dies.

You cannot let a 2 stroke tick over for more than 5 seconds!

Lack of oil, an they gum up like mad!

davidfox280585
24-09-10, 11:01 PM
cub 90 is super cool did a 8hour endurance race on one last february was a laugh around mondelo park but if ya want a buzz get a proper bike gixer 750 all the way 130mph+ wheelies will get your pulse racing
you nust be a really good rider to get it to lift at 130 cos my fireblade would only at 90 on a crest:wtf: ,
and my z1000 at 75:confused:

MattBrown
25-09-10, 01:35 PM
you nust be a really good rider to get it to lift at 130 cos my fireblade would only at 90 on a crest:wtf: ,

My uncle said his 1098 ducati will lift at 90, that's it.

No chance it will lift at 130!

However, you can hold a wheelie upto and past 130

Sloth
25-09-10, 08:28 PM
depends on gearing and torque spread. i have seen a guy get a gixxer up at 120 ish at brunters...

davidfox280585
25-09-10, 08:34 PM
My uncle said his 1098 ducati will lift at 90, that's it.

No chance it will lift at 130!

However, you can hold a wheelie upto and past 130
tis about right that matt,im just on with buying a r1 and im not expecting more than that to be fair,must admiti must of hit 130 on back wheel off a crest on the blade with my mate on the back,
and would hit the rev limiter in 2nd gear on one wheel at 115mph it would come up in 3rd but only off a crest

simonm
25-09-10, 08:57 PM

wouldnt class myself brilliant or any thing but wheelies would be a strong piont pop the gixer up around 70 or 80 and keep it there for as long as desired years of practice and jimmy fire blade helped a bit to :thumb:

novalicous
25-09-10, 08:58 PM
honda cub 90 is where its at

this man talks some sence lol

best bike/moped/scooter ever made end ov.

novalicous
25-09-10, 09:00 PM
Also, tickin over will **** it up.

Adjust it back, so if you shut the throttle it dies.

You cannot let a 2 stroke tick over for more than 5 seconds!

Lack of oil, an they gum up like mad!

so why do all 2 stroke scooters have a tick over and they dont funk up?

simonm
25-09-10, 09:01 PM
cos there not race tuned for constant flat out rippin

novalicous
25-09-10, 09:03 PM
well ive got a gilera runner 125 2stroke with a mallossi MHR 172 kit and a lot more stuff thats always been rode flat out and has never missed a beat and ticks over perfectley

simonm
25-09-10, 09:07 PM
yea cos its made to its a scooter crossers are different they just fowl up if driven slow or tick over for a long time they need flat out and also power valves need to be open to keep things clear

reevie1987
26-09-10, 06:06 PM
get a pit bike boy

tony k
04-10-10, 01:14 PM
well i went out on the bike yesterday after i changed the spark plug,plus gave the carb a good clean out,also flushed the exhaust out aswell,the bike is so much better now,lifting up in 5th gear now,but was abit muddy where we went,sliding all over the place got well muddy lol,think it needs a new clutch as now and again you will have to rev it abit to get it going,but other than that a good day.got bloddy sore thighs

Pistol Pete
04-10-10, 04:20 PM
Flushed out the exhaust?? WTF??!!

MattBrown
04-10-10, 04:24 PM
Flushed out the exhaust?? WTF??!!

Yes.

Its a 2stroke, so burns all its oil.

Thus leaving carbon etc in the exhaust.

Had so many cheap bikes due to this:d

MattBrown
04-10-10, 04:26 PM
well ive got a gilera runner 125 2stroke with a mallossi MHR 172 kit and a lot more stuff thats always been rode flat out and has never missed a beat and ticks over perfectley

Scooters are for poofs.

And thats a fact.

I wouldnt class a Gilera runner as a highly tuned 2 stroke.

Its a road engine.

simonm
04-10-10, 04:31 PM
/\ i second that /\

brainsnova
04-10-10, 04:36 PM
proper scooters ie lambretta and vespa are very cool and not to be confused with mopeds of todays market :thumb:

tony k
05-10-10, 01:10 PM
Yes.

Had so many cheap bikes due to this:d

thanks for answering that matt

Pistol Pete
05-10-10, 03:46 PM
Yes.

Had so many cheap bikes due to this

I have never ever heard of that!!!! Sounds BS to me. I raced MX for years and not once did i do this. My bikes ran sweet as a nut.

Scooters are for poofs.

Jeez, you really are a numpty...

Scooters/Mopeds are what get people into bikes. They are also a good cheap form of transport

Danny s-p
05-10-10, 04:39 PM
pete it not bs the big bell part of the system send vibration's back to to the bore that help the fuel and air swirl on top of the piston. so if so system carbon up less vibration's get to the bore give less swirl witch give you less ignition and crap performance. my mate cr 250 and my kmx 125 used to carbon up all the time and wood run like bag crap then they wood been clean out then they ran mint

Balley
05-10-10, 05:56 PM
so why do all 2 stroke scooters have a tick over and they dont funk up?

Because there not highly stroung racing machines with 30bhp are they!

smirty
05-10-10, 08:04 PM
I race ktms not 100% sure if they have the same setup as a ktm. when i changed the power vlave shaft seals i didnt set the gaps on the valve right made it ride like a turbo car with a broken turbo. this was done with the cylinder off so if it has had a rebuild it may have had the valve out and not put back right.

Got a 2008 ktm 250 sxf for sale if you want something bigger

MattBrown
05-10-10, 08:42 PM
I have never ever heard of that!!!! Sounds BS to me. I raced MX for years and not once did i do this. My bikes ran sweet as a nut.

Jeez, you really are a numpty...

Scooters/Mopeds are what get people into bikes. They are also a good cheap form of transport

Don't believe me then, it wa only the problem with the bike in hand, and Danny agrees.

If you use proper oil then you will never have to clean out the exhaust.

I've built a couple of 125 engines, and the first thing I did to my ped was cut the exhaust up and clean it all out.

Also, It never took a hairdryer to get me into bikes, dad is a rocker, through and through.

No scooter tat alowed lol

MattBrown
05-10-10, 08:46 PM
pete it not bs the big bell part of the system send vibration's back to to the bore that help the fuel and air swirl on top of the piston. so if so system carbon up less vibration's get to the bore give less swirl witch give you less ignition and crap performance. my mate cr 250 and my kmx 125 used to carbon up all the time and wood run like bag crap then they wood been clean out then they ran mint

Almost Danny, you have the basics.

The expansion chamber creates pulses, so when the piston exposes the inlet port there's a tiny backward pulse, stopping the charged mixture being thrown out after the charge is pulled into the barrel from the crank via the transfer ports.

It's hard to explain without pictures and diagrams.

lol

Good effort though Danny, you have an understanding which is more than most!

simonm
05-10-10, 08:49 PM
ive had different two stroke bikes over the years on road and off road and when not ridden hard they do fowl up handiest way to clean them out is to pop a small drop of petrol in and burn it out but with crossers if there not ridden hard they will choke up they are built for flat out all the time unless ya go 4 stroke and also i never started on scooters or any of my mates there just a bit twist and go for me

Pistol Pete
05-10-10, 09:00 PM
Had so many cheap bikes due to this...

..If you use proper oil then you will never have to clean out the exhaust.

Mine were far from cheap, and the best oil was a must if racing!

..and the first thing I did to my ped..

..Also, It never took a hairdryer to get me into bikes..

Errr contradiction??!! lol

MattBrown
05-10-10, 09:21 PM
Mine were far from cheap, and the best oil was a must if racing!

Errr contradiction??!! lol

Ohh ffs, another person who doesnt know a moped from a scooterlol

I had afew, but mainly an aprilia mx50 (Supermoto)

It was the 2nd quickest moped (without a bigbore) in chester;) God i was proudlol

I used putolin mx7, £17 a litre lol

Pistol Pete
05-10-10, 09:23 PM
Ohh ffs, another person who doesnt know a moped from a scooterlol

:roll: scooter/moped....tomatoe/tomato....

MattBrown
05-10-10, 11:29 PM
:roll: scooter/moped....tomatoe/tomato....

Not at all.

So a 600cc scooter can be ridden at 16? or not:roll:

A moped has to under 49cm3, with a max speed of 50kms (31mph)

Pistol Pete
06-10-10, 09:35 AM
Not at all.

So a 600cc scooter can be ridden at 16? or not:roll:

A moped has to under 49cm3, with a max speed of 50kms (31mph)Don't need to tell me that. Owner of a full licence here. I can ride what I like:p

MattBrown
06-10-10, 09:57 AM
Don't need to tell me that. Owner of a full licence here. I can ride what I like:p

ROFLlol

You have a full liescence? yet ride a scooter?

Im gonna do my test after im unbanned, 27bhp didnt really cut it tbh lol

Pistol Pete
06-10-10, 10:13 AM
ROFLlol

You have a full liescence? yet ride a scooter?

Im gonna do my test after im unbanned, 27bhp didnt really cut it tbh lol
It's called having responsibilities (im sure you will find out one day) and needing cheap transport to get to work:p It's not all about trying to look cool.

gazz
06-10-10, 10:27 AM
2 stroke is for wimps lol
get a 4 stroke, end of lol

if gonna do moto X, get a motoX side car outfit.:thumb:
then you will have aching thys and all other moving parts on body