PDA

View Full Version : tep gauge and gear box

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
22-09-10, 01:24 PM
ive done the 1.2 to 1.4 sr conversion, when the cars on the temp gauge is going crazy fliking everywhere what could this be

and also i swaped the gearbox from f10 4 speed to f10 5 and was wondering how i make it so it goes into gear propperly

Stuart
22-09-10, 01:32 PM
use the haynes manual and align the linkage properly + adjust the clutch to the right levels.

brainsnova
22-09-10, 01:34 PM
the temp sender goes to earth as it heats up so if its flickering the wire is earthing so the sender might be faulty or loose/bad connection.

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
22-09-10, 02:11 PM
the temp sender goes to earth as it heats up so if its flickering the wire is earthing so the sender might be faulty or loose/bad connection.

thanks fella where is the temp sender

brainsnova
22-09-10, 02:25 PM
its on the inlet manifold

MattBrown
22-09-10, 03:03 PM
With the 4 speed to 5 speed.

Take off the gearstick gaitor.

youll see why it wont go over to the right.

If the cut off the lug, then you will get 5th

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
22-09-10, 10:50 PM
With the 4 speed to 5 speed.

Take off the gearstick gaitor.

youll see why it wont go over to the right.

If the cut off the lug, then you will get 5th

thanks mate im still getting 5th its just not going into gears right might be just clutch needing adjusting :thumb:

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
22-09-10, 10:51 PM
its on the inlet manifold

thanks mate found it and the conecters loose as a bitch so gonna sort that tmoz if it still does it then anew one of them i supose:thumb:

Stuart
23-09-10, 11:52 AM
thanks mate im still getting 5th its just not going into gears right might be just clutch needing adjusting :thumb:

NO, the linkage neesd aligning PROPERLY as per they haynes manual :wall:

mowgli
23-09-10, 12:00 PM
i've just seen your other thread about stalling when the clutch is pressed & i'm even more of the opinion that you have earthing issues.. the temp gauge is damped, as in it has a delayed reaction, so if everything is running fine, then it should not flicker, look at the gbox earth.

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
23-09-10, 04:05 PM
i've just seen your other thread about stalling when the clutch is pressed & i'm even more of the opinion that you have earthing issues.. the temp gauge is damped, as in it has a delayed reaction, so if everything is running fine, then it should not flicker, look at the gbox earth.

ok thanks fella i also think i have a bad earth could i ask where the gb earth is it the one that connects to the startor motor?

mowgli
23-09-10, 05:17 PM
no, it goes from the gearbox casing to the lh side chassis leg. it is a flat strip of plaited wires. when it is not connected, it goes looking for the nest best earth, usually the clutch & throttle cables end up doing the work & the dash goes funny

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
23-09-10, 05:31 PM
no, it goes from the gearbox casing to the lh side chassis leg. it is a flat strip of plaited wires. when it is not connected, it goes looking for the nest best earth, usually the clutch & throttle cables end up doing the work & the dash goes funny

i left it off silly me erm ive connected it and still no look :tard:

mowgli
23-09-10, 05:32 PM
i left it off silly me erm ive connected it and still no look :tard:

theres a good chance you've fried the circuitry in the back of the dash

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
23-09-10, 05:49 PM
theres a good chance you've fried the circuitry in the back of the dash
aw dam :/ new clocks then? i have a spare set like so wont be a problem ill try it now thanks

it was that thanks mate but my fan isnt kicking in no more

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
23-09-10, 06:36 PM
my fan doesn com on no more

Sloth
23-09-10, 09:31 PM
check the wiring, have you got the switch wired up on the rad? is the fan getting 12v?

Stuart
24-09-10, 09:15 AM
Fan temp switch and dash temp sensor are two very different items on different wiring and not linked at all.....

Its still implying a rubbish earth somewhere