PDA

View Full Version : corsa gsi foglights

nova_pipi
21-09-10, 04:25 PM
hi all, im wiring in my foglights now using the standard switch, but does anyone know what wire i can connect my switch to to energise the relay, i originally tried to use the thick red one off my headlight switch but i melted the wire so i guess i shouldn't use that one lol thanks :thumb:

L14MNP
21-09-10, 05:26 PM
Thought everyone removes these fogs. lol

mowgli
21-09-10, 07:07 PM
the yellow wire from the dipswitch to the rear fog light switch is the perfect feed for the front fog switch.. then the wire from the fr fog switch goes to relay terminal 86, pin 85 to earth, 30 to the battery with a 15a fuse inline, & 87 to the foglights

nova_pipi
21-09-10, 09:09 PM
i used the guide from corsa sport and it told me a completly different connection setup to that, does it matter ? it also said to use a 30 amp inline fuse from the battery :S the feed from the rear fog light switch, do i connect that to the signal out from the switch?

nova_pipi
21-09-10, 09:12 PM
iv just noticed it says that pin 85 and 86 are the opposite way round to what you said also pin 87 and pin 30 are the opposite way around on the guide that is

mowgli
21-09-10, 10:53 PM
i used the guide from corsa sport and it told me a completly different connection setup to that, does it matter ? it also said to use a 30 amp inline fuse from the battery :S the feed from the rear fog light switch, do i connect that to the signal out from the switch?

use the feed into the switch, ie. when the low beams are on & the switch is off, the one with voltage.

mowgli
21-09-10, 10:57 PM
iv just noticed it says that pin 85 and 86 are the opposite way round to what you said also pin 87 and pin 30 are the opposite way around on the guide that is

use this link... (http://www.hella.co.nz/?t=9&pcid=251) you used the corsa sport guide & you have wiring problems..........i'm telling you how to do it properly

nova_pipi
23-09-10, 03:19 PM
thanks mowgli :thumb: im a bit new to electrics, i think we have a love hate relationship lol

mowgli
23-09-10, 03:26 PM
basically, i rarely trust anything on the net with the word corsa on the front of it. i have been telling people how to wire relays for about 25 years now. as long as they work right, i don't have an issue with you at all

nova_pipi
23-09-10, 07:54 PM
i know i meant i think me and electrics have a love hate relationship lol iv wired the relay in that way now but i think my switch isn't wired in right, do you know how that is meant to be wired in please ?

mowgli
23-09-10, 09:47 PM
if you take a powered feed from the rear fog switch, then connect it to the front switch, you then connect the other side of the switch to the coil input on the relay. 86

nova_pipi
24-09-10, 03:53 PM
its the gm switch that im using to wire them in, with the 5 pins on the back

mowgli
24-09-10, 04:33 PM
oh. the std nova one? i'll have to ferret one out & work it out. the bottom 2 are for the tell tale light, which you can run from the lights if you wish, but you'll notice front fogs on.......i'll sort it out later for you

nova_pipi
27-09-10, 09:15 PM
thanks dude :) and no its the standard corsa one, im keeping the foglights on my corsa i think i know most of them, 1-earth 2-relay 3-illumination 4-illumination 5- warning light, but im unsure on the 3,4,5