PDA

View Full Version : sunroof glass

brucer
20-09-10, 12:32 PM
hey all, just need to know if there's any other model car (newer preferably) that has a sunroof the same size as a nova one?

i need to get one thats in better condition than my one and hopeing somebody may have found a later model that fits in the hole.

any help is appreciated.

bruce

Plug
20-09-10, 01:32 PM
what type sunroof is it? tilt and slide or normal lift one?

brucer
20-09-10, 02:11 PM
its a tilt and slide one, have found other threads saying that corsa/astra complete sunroof cassettes might be the same, but havnt got a definitive answer.

dont want to buy the glass from one to find it dont fit. have eye'd up my vectras one and it isnt mounted the same. lol.

brucer
22-09-10, 07:33 PM
anybody? rep for decent answers

Plug
22-09-10, 07:42 PM
all i can say mate is have a measure up

simonm
22-09-10, 08:30 PM
i dont think any other is the same maybe the cav one but i picked up one out of a nova gsi that is mint for cheap so there is still clean ones out there

joff-turbo-nova
22-09-10, 08:43 PM
I have a mk4 Astra one in the nova - had to redrill two of the holes so that it would mate to the nova sliders and the curve on the glass is just slightly different (i.e if you didn't mention it no one would notice).

Just gives you access to cars with better condition glass - the seals are different on these and I don't think they lift up over time like the nova ones.

Joff

Benn
22-09-10, 08:47 PM
Corsa B will, which is a bit newer. Astra mk3 should be too.