PDA

View Full Version : Nova issues!

nova1992
19-09-10, 08:53 AM
Well my nova has been running perfect but recently there have been a few minor issues,

While driving I am hearing a LOUD screeching noise which only happens when I am moving and mainly when I accelerate.

Also when I break I am getting a loud rough Grinding noise i am thinking possibly break pads will check today.

Anyone heard of these before?

Thanks for all the help.

floydy13
19-09-10, 09:17 AM
grinding noise will be the brakes i reckon front pads, screeching noise could be your altonator belt, not adjusted right.

Connor
19-09-10, 11:16 AM
^ what he said.
Also grinding noise could be the disk dust shield or whatever its called, you know the metal shield thing behind the standard nova discs.
Well if you change the wheels or generally work around the area and knock it, it can rub against the disc so just needs bending back

AlexW
19-09-10, 01:51 PM
wrong section

MattBrown
19-09-10, 02:02 PM
Wheel bearings sound suspect if the car makes a nosie under load.

Jack up the front wheels, and try and move them, there should be no free play, if the wheel moves around like your c*ck in a bowler hat, then its a bearing issue:)

AlexW
19-09-10, 02:09 PM
Should point out, matt dont mean around and around, grab top and bottom and try to pivot it. Left/right movment, if top/bottom dont do nothing, means the rack is worn/track rod ends usualy.

MattBrown
19-09-10, 02:10 PM
As per AW06, sorry, should have made myself more clear:)

AlexW
19-09-10, 02:12 PM
:)