PDA

View Full Version : Blood trophy

Jack
19-09-10, 12:54 AM
Ok, well a certificate

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/Misc/19092010846.jpg

lol Was hoping to make a regular thing of spurting out some of the red stuff, but events put paid to that :(

Yeovilton has regular blood donation sessions and a guy rang to see if I would be attending - so told him I had cancer etc so couldn't donate. Few days later this comes through the post. Accompanying letter said they were sorry I couldn't give blood again (although I was under the impression once I have a 5 year all clear I should be fine; pretty sure even though I was on the table for 6 hours I wasn't given any) and that I can still help by being an "ambassador for blood donations".

So, give blood. It should take less than an hour of your time (which your employer may even give you back - AND you get free tea & biscuits), and you could save someone's life. If you want to see where/when your next local session is, or register your interest, then have a look here (http://www.blood.co.uk/)

Help save someone's life.

Hobbit
19-09-10, 01:09 AM
Registered.

have ment to do this for ages but have not been able till recently.

wwmnw
19-09-10, 02:44 AM
I thought this was going to be about the beer Trophy, was going to say its pretty good and easy to do in a yard glass, as for blood, mine has teh bad aidz :(

Hayley
19-09-10, 03:03 AM
Hate to piggyback this by can I also add that blokes should consider registering to donate platelets. (NHS are not taking donations from women at the moment as its too expense. - we have funny blood)

Also everyone should consider being registered on the bone marrow donation list. I looked into it before adding my name and the procedure it a lot less painfull these days than it used to be. Also you have to be such a perfect match that chances are you wont ever be called upon to donate so you can feeel good about yourself without actually having to do anything. Bonus!

Tanya.
19-09-10, 08:03 AM
I would love to give blood, i've always wanted too but unfortunately can't due to a blood disorder :(

Lewis.
19-09-10, 08:29 AM
i registered as soon as turned 18 and gave my first donation. then the second time i went they decided that they didnt want mine any more due to having tourettes syndrome. even though i had a letter from one of their blood service's Doctors (posh one in London, not just a GP) saying it posed absolutely no problem :( shame really as you get a really good feeling from knowing your helping someone in need

however, my old man gave his 96th donation last month :thumb: :)

mowgli
19-09-10, 10:32 AM
I would love to give blood, i've always wanted too but unfortunately can't due to a blood disorder :(

vampire???

i would apart from my irrational fear of needles

Andy
19-09-10, 12:40 PM
Been meaning to do this for a few years now

Lee
19-09-10, 12:59 PM
Ill also add that its worth getting a doner card as well should anything happen to you. Hopefully my bits will end up living on for a while when I'm gone (apart from my lungs, which may well end up being added to a tarmac mix :)

mowgli
19-09-10, 04:20 PM
Ill also add that its worth getting a donor card as well should anything happen to you. Hopefully my bits will end up living on for a while when I'm gone (apart from my lungs, which may well end up being added to a tarmac mix :)

i am the bloke who stopped my old employer presenting a new 'doner' van to the oxford blood transfusion service, because i spotted that the signwriter couldn't spell.

i don't have a card, but my missus knows my wishes..