PDA

View Full Version : random but....

saloonwoody
18-09-10, 09:02 PM
im after a horse or pony for loan or to buy ........ anyone ?

nova danny1
18-09-10, 10:25 PM
im after a horse or pony for loan or to buy ........ anyone ?

wtf!lol suppose it's quicker than a 1.2lol

mowgli
18-09-10, 10:46 PM
check with the various horse rescue charities.. .they are often looking for homes for horses...

why do you want a pony???

Rysee
18-09-10, 11:02 PM
It's you isn't it!?! Putting random food in Jack's bed!!!

saloonwoody
19-09-10, 09:33 AM
I DONT WANT A PONY ! its for my little girl :) and i know nothing about jacks bed shenanigens lol

mowgli
19-09-10, 10:13 AM
99% of the time, its a fad, and mum or you will end up looking after it..... you will need a stable, somewhere to exercise it, then the trailer to take it everywhere so she can get given a rosette....they always get a rosette.....

it will drain money faster than a car habit..... blacksmith every 6 weeks, as its a pony, the vets bill will be astronomical...

it willl be cheaper to find a decent riding stables where you can pay by the hour........

and you will hear the biggest load of bullsh*t from other pony owners... put 2 of them in a room & before they open their mouths, there will be 3 opinions...
each of theirs & the truth....

from personal family experience...

saloonwoody
19-09-10, 10:20 AM
i have a paddock with a stable in that i pay pittence for and is two minutes from my house , we have use of a horse trailer whenever we need it .
we have been part loaning a pony for the past six months and she is still as keen as when we started so i dont think its a fad anymore.
the cost doesnt seem unreasonable as far as i can see ;)

mowgli
19-09-10, 10:25 AM
i have a paddock with a stable in that i pay pittence for and is two minutes from my house , we have use of a horse trailer whenever we need it .
we have been part loaning a pony for the past six months and she is still as keen as when we started so i dont think its a fad anymore.
the cost doesnt seem unreasonable as far as i can see ;)

my neice is on her third one.. at least it is a horse now, and fairly healthy..
the first 2 had to be put to sleep. the first one, one of its hooves pretty much collapsed from the inside.. the second one, a grey (white) got a cancerous tumour on his head & couldn't even eat in the end....

they had insurance, which is pretty much worthless unless you have an accident, and it cost thousands... above the cost of the ponies.

just don't buy the first one you see... and avoid greys.. they always seem to get cancer.

mowgli
19-09-10, 10:36 AM
hold off till march if you can, so she can have a winter or ponies... then you'll see how committed she is when the rain is coming in sideways......

can't you pop to the new forest & borrow one???

corsa28v
19-09-10, 10:39 AM
Ma gfs got 3 and has been into horses since she was stupidly young, its her thing i spend all my money on my car she spends all her money on her horses. Yea they cause a **** load of money but i have never seen anyone treat an animal with such respect. she still has her first ever horse that she has had for 6 years and thats her baby.

Good luck with finding one mate just try find a good one so dont get so many problems

Sloth
19-09-10, 11:47 AM
go buy some pal dog food, same thing different packing.

claire6069
19-09-10, 12:32 PM
theres quite a few childrens ponies round here for loan.

the thing with loaning (as im loaning a horse atm) is that when the year (or however long) is up, you gotta give them back, im 24 and im already dreading giving winston up next summer so i can imagine your little girl will be even worse!
the other things to remember are that most horses that are for loan are for loan because they cant be sold for one reason or another, there are very few genuine ones out there, you have to be careful about the loan agreement and whats written in it and be careful of the people too especially if they're going to be sticking their noses in every few days!

mowgli - just seen your comment about greys and cancer, this is actually true if their skin is of a pink pigment, they're more prone to skin cancer and tumours.

mowgli
19-09-10, 04:17 PM
mowgli - just seen your comment about greys and cancer, this is actually true if their skin is of a pink pigment, they're more prone to skin cancer and tumours.

i might not be much of a rider, but i've been around horses since i was a kid.

every grey i've ever encountered has had lumps & tumours on it. maybe i've only seen ones that were prone to it, but for me, its enough to put me off them.

claire6069
19-09-10, 07:06 PM
apparently scientifically proven that they're more prone to it, especially the lighter their coat, shame as i think greys are stunning

16v Nova Kev
19-09-10, 07:45 PM
offs looking for a horse in parts wanted lol's

saloonwoody
19-09-10, 09:40 PM
meh lol

saloonwoody
26-09-10, 09:36 PM
sorted got a nice white 14yr old ex riding school pony and its got some cool blue eyes lol

mowgli
26-09-10, 09:47 PM
congrats..as previously said, make sure you cover it up in harsh sunlight. as greys (the white ones) do suffer really badly with small tumours under the skin.

saloonwoody
26-09-10, 09:49 PM
will do , the mrs got all sorts of rugs for it n im building stable for it next weekend !

Mazz
26-09-10, 09:58 PM
Lucky you!

claire6069
27-09-10, 10:13 PM
:) im pleased for you, hope it works out well! just remember any pink bits on the face will need suncream in the summer, they blister like anything!