PDA

View Full Version : Nova Sri -> corsa 1.6 16v conversion

dabest2k
21-05-03, 10:23 AM
Hey there guys, i'm thinking of swapping over my 1.4 engine for a nice 1.6 corsa gsi lump. If any1 has done this sort of conversion before - what are the sort of things I will need to change ??

Will I need to swap the driveshaft? fit the Nova Gsi Bottom pulley and belt? Also do I need a GTE fuel pump etc?

Anything else I need to think about/problems that may occur?

Any help would be much appreciated! :P

Dicko
21-05-03, 11:10 AM
http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=279

thats mine.

to answer some of your questions

driveshafts - fit fine into the f13/f15 box uses by 16v

nova gsi botom pulley - you could use your sri bottom pulley + belt etc but there is really no need, even though some websites say you do need to, i ran mine with the vvvvv belt from the corsa, and sy runs his with no hassle.

gte pump - lol, you do know the sri is just about gsi spec but a 1.4 not 1.6, your pump is just as good so dont worry.

however the exhaust can be a bugger so be prepared to get it to a garsge that will make a part of join your exhaust using a flexipipe

Ste_Nova
21-05-03, 11:52 AM
what about the wiring dicko?

http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/taglance/tag95fal/fire.gif

Dicko
21-05-03, 12:22 PM
lmfao. it was wiring in the sr that hapened to not my sri :p

but ye bacially the wiring is a little more tricky in the sri than other models. i ended up hiding my sri engine loom up the corner of the negine bay and having the 16v loom in at the same time, they just disconect the sri ecu behind your glovebox

simon@novaheaven
21-05-03, 01:40 PM
ropmsl@ste

i used the standard alternator and pulley as dicko said and had no problems fitting the engine or getting clearance once in.

To fit a 1.6 16v Corsa Gsi Engine into a Nova you'll need to:

1) Source an early Corsa Gsi lump and box (Pre '94's are more powerful with a less restrictive inlet manifold)

2) Fit engine on standard GTE / SR Engine Mounts

3) Fit Standard Nova GTE / SR Drive-shafts

4) Plumb in engine using all standard hoses (apart from rad top hose which is Corsa Gsi spec)

5 If converting from SR, fit uprated fuel lines, GTE tank (with swirl pot) and lecky pump and GTE rad

6 Couple up standard gear linkage

7 Use Corsa Throttle cable

8 Modify air intake with silicon hose etc, fit afm or fit an induction kit

9)Fit loom and ECU inside car run a permanent live, switched live and earth to it. also use feeds from the ecu to give the tacho signal, water temp. you will also need to run a speed signal to the ecu, this can either be done from the blue red wire on your digi dash or by using a ecu speed signal sender from a gsi (sits on the gearbox between the drive cog and speedo cable)

10)Fit the engine loom. it is pretty easy to plug in as the wires will no doubt be kinked so lie it on the engine and plug into the sockets, you will have to swap the plugs on the sr engine loom as some of the connectors on this are different shapes.

11) use a gsi downpipe on a gsi exhaust system or as i did, used a nova sr system modded to fit on the standard corsa downpipe

...That's pretty much it i think. Have a missed anything anyone??