PDA

View Full Version : How does he do that?

Dar
17-09-10, 06:54 PM
Someone sent me an illusion video today and although it looked good. It could be explained by using disabled people.

But for the life of me I can't see how this guy does this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=hwVy_2eOfsE

bmw156
17-09-10, 08:16 PM
link doesnt work for me...

Pistol Pete
17-09-10, 08:18 PM
Works for me..

Clever. Very clever.

MK999
17-09-10, 08:24 PM
well, with the 3 coins and the clear table, the coin underneath is sleight of hand, he picks it up when he 'wipes' his hands on the black cloth, how the one on top disappears I am lost on.

MK999
17-09-10, 08:26 PM
ok I got to the end, lol... funk knows :p

mowgli
17-09-10, 08:32 PM
WELL, DAR... the coins thru the mat trick is dead easy... look at when he has 2 coins in his hand. the bottom one is slightly smaller & i'm guessing the top one is hollowed underneath with a small spring, so it turns into 'one' coin... then the hand thru the table is rather simple....

the whole table is round.... the section he is working on is very slightly lower than the rest, so it can rotate. one of the audience behind him is most likely an assistant, the girl certainly is in on it.. when he is messing with the tissue, the table is rotated round so the hole is under his left arm... then he moves it round & sticks his arm thru. when it comes out, it is rotated really quickly back. its hardly jonothan creek

MK999
17-09-10, 08:37 PM
the whole table is round.... the section he is working on is very slightly lower than the rest, so it can rotate. one of the audience behind him is most likely an assistant, the girl certainly is in on it.. when he is messing with the tissue, the table is rotated round so the hole is under his left arm... then he moves it round & sticks his arm thru. when it comes out, it is rotated really quickly back. its hardly jonothan creek

Actually as he lifts his hand at the end you can see it being pulled one way... and theres a split second as the camera pans down that you can't see the table to the right of his hand. Good call lol

bmw156
17-09-10, 08:45 PM
look at about 4.44 onwards. when the camera close ups on the guy holding the dish, the table is swung and the guy then holds his hand over the "magic hole" which he puts his hand through lol.

bmw156
17-09-10, 08:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1NJeIsortM&feature=related

mowgli
17-09-10, 11:18 PM
oh,and the enormous ring on his finger is magnetic, which is how he gets the coin drop under the mat..

Dar
17-09-10, 11:42 PM
I will look at that video tommrow Mr bmw156, thanks.... and Mowgli I reckon I have watched evey single Johnathan Creek and haven't worked one out yet:confused:

I will rewatch that video over again tommrow and see if I can see it. Many thanks:thumb:

mowgli
18-09-10, 05:34 PM
dar..... i was brought up on inspector morse, and agatha christie books...... that was so easy to work out.....

i bet you loved watching 'the sixth sense' the second time