PDA

View Full Version : f16 / f16cr and quaife diff questions

turnipheed
17-09-10, 05:01 PM
hi i currently have a xe on 45s with an f16, i am going to buy a quaife lsd and i have read conflicting stories about putting them in xe's with f16's as the gearing is so low it makes it difficult for the diff to do its job as good as it could, anybody had any experience on this as i was actually keen on putting this diff into a f16cr but im not sure if theres any point as im not sure if its the final drive that is lower or if the gear ratios are different or if the lsd that comes from quaife comes with the crown wheel ????? im confungled:wtf:

mowgli
17-09-10, 05:05 PM
its your car, thus its your choice.....

so people are telling you that cos a cr box has lower ratios, it will cause the diff to not work properly..... the last time i heard that much cobblers, i was at a shoe repairing conference

mk1nova_rich
17-09-10, 05:09 PM
hi i currently have a xe on 45s with an f16, i am going to buy a quaife lsd and i have read conflicting stories about putting them in xe's with f16's as the gearing is so low it makes it difficult for the diff to do its job as good as it could, anybody had any experience on this as i was actually keen on putting this diff into a f16cr but im not sure if theres any point as im not sure if its the final drive that is lower or if the gear ratios are different or if the lsd that comes from quaife comes with the crown wheel ????? im confungled:wtf:

Speak to Quaife regarding the crown wheel and pinion, they will tell you if they supply them

mowgli
17-09-10, 05:11 PM
can you even change the final drive in an f16? or is it the f20 with the fixed output gear?

turnipheed
17-09-10, 05:13 PM
its your car, thus its your choice.....

so people are telling you that cos a cr box has lower ratios, it will cause the diff to not work properly..... the last time i heard that much cobblers, i was at a shoe repairing conference

just the internet at its best i thought, going on the theory that nova rally cars have even lower ratios and a good 1600 has 150ish bhp i couldnt see the problem either but i was hoping somebody had a track car with a similar set up to mine could shed some accurate info on to the subject rather than what the internet usually sproutslol

turnipheed
17-09-10, 05:15 PM
can you even change the final drive in an f16? or is it the f20 with the fixed output gear?

im not sure not something i have had to do before no doubt someone on here will know !

mk1nova_rich
i hope thats a good 8 valve youre on about lol a good 16v will easily see 200bhp+

mowgli
as previously said, ask quaiffe.

turnipheed
17-09-10, 05:16 PM
i hope thats a good 8 valve youre on about lol a good 16v will easily see 200bhp+

aye an 8v lol

turnipheed
17-09-10, 05:19 PM
as previously said, ask quaiffe.

aye definately going to speak to them but wanted to find out a bit first because even though there reputation proceeds them i wanted to see if i could speak to someone with a similar set up first because obviously they will think there product is the nuts lol

novaxe235
17-09-10, 07:29 PM
I have a Xe on 48's running a quaife diff in a f16 Cr, no problems on track or road with wheel spin unless it's wet. You use your own c/w etc, unless you purchase one from quaife as an extra.

turnipheed
19-09-10, 08:05 PM
I have a Xe on 48's running a quaife diff in a f16 Cr, no problems on track or road with wheel spin unless it's wet. You use your own c/w etc, unless you purchase one from quaife as an extra.

great thanks, did it make a great difference on handling and putting the power down???:thumb:

novaxe235
19-09-10, 09:30 PM
Yes, on putting power down it made a big difference mine is 235 bhp and would wheel spin easily in every gear, now it spins in first if you want it to, if driven properly you get none. As for handling i don't find it changed anything, but then again why would it?.

turnipheed
20-09-10, 07:33 PM
Yes, on putting power down it made a big difference mine is 235 bhp and would wheel spin easily in every gear, now it spins in first if you want it to, if driven properly you get none. As for handling i don't find it changed anything, but then again why would it?.

as far as handling its suppposed to stop it torque steering and diving about if the grip on one wheel changes did you notices changes in this?

novaxe235
20-09-10, 07:59 PM
No it still torque steer's, the diff didn't help that at all.

turnipheed
20-09-10, 10:00 PM
thanks m8, is it a quaife atb you have ?

novaxe235
21-09-10, 09:32 AM
Yes.