PDA

View Full Version : Corsa VXR question

Pete
17-09-10, 12:21 PM
A friend of mine owns a Corsa VXR, he's had it about 2 months now and it's got a ticking noise every rotation of the wheel on the passenger side rear tyre area.
He thinks it may be the tyre pressure sensor but is unsure, he has no warrenty on it as it was void for some reason....

Independant garage wanted just over £220 to look at the problem before even working on it, does anyone know what it may be?

peester
17-09-10, 12:23 PM
have you jacked the car up, spun the wheel then?

Pete
17-09-10, 12:27 PM
have you jacked the car up, spun the wheel then?

Yeah we have mate :thumb: i couldnt see anything, so its got to be something mechanicaly wrong.

djbrowney
17-09-10, 12:31 PM
pop the wheel and disk of and have a look, cant be that hard !

gazz
17-09-10, 12:32 PM
have took wheel off and spun hub to try listen, inspect locate where ticking come from?

baeten to it lol

Pete
17-09-10, 12:36 PM
like i say, its all been looked at, and can't see anything, but im not up to gribs with all the new technoligy hence why im asking...

will have another look tonite if i pop us his but it may just be a trip to the vauxhall garage for him and an expensive payout...

mowgli
17-09-10, 12:39 PM
things that could 'tick'

brake disc damaged, warped or cracked....
damaged tyre, deformed.....
stone in tread
bearing
sensor catching an exciter ring.

if it is jacked up & when spun, doesn't do it, then it is either tyre related, or not that wheel, and you should check the others.

L33 LEG
17-09-10, 12:44 PM
Fcuk paying £220 just to look at it. Keep looking, shouldnt be too hard to find the cause, probably something simple.

John
17-09-10, 01:04 PM
why no warranty? Over 3 years/60k? Tbf there aren't that many rotating parts.

mowgli
17-09-10, 01:20 PM
it sounds rather dodgy to me....

MK999
17-09-10, 01:24 PM
why no warranty? Over 3 years/60k? Tbf there aren't that many rotating parts.

Maybe don't cover modified cars, or it hasn't had all it's services on the dot at vauxhall?

John
17-09-10, 01:28 PM
Maybe don't cover modified cars, or it hasn't had all it's services on the dot at vauxhall? hmm, you don't neccasarily have to have a full vaux history to retain your warranty, just use gen parts. When i was at vauxhall we'd do warranty work on modified cars, would only be questionable when it could br proved that the modification 100% was the cause of the fault.

MK999
17-09-10, 01:34 PM
hmm, you don't neccasarily have to have a full vaux history to retain your warranty, just use gen parts. When i was at vauxhall we'd do warranty work on modified cars, would only be questionable when it could br proved that the modification 100% was the cause of the fault.

That almost sounds like a large faceless company being reasonable?! lol

mowgli
17-09-10, 01:36 PM
its most likely a stone wedged in the tread anyway....so lets leave the corporate politics out of it..

peester
17-09-10, 01:50 PM
erm so is it still clicking jacked up, or not?!

what is it you have looked for?
:-s

Novasport
17-09-10, 06:09 PM
The only time a warranty would normally become completely void is if the vehicle has been written off. with a modded car the warranty can only usually be voided on items that have been modified not the whole vehicle but if it possibly related a garage should advise there MAY be a charge if they cannot recoup their charges via warranty due to a mod being related to or the cause of a fault.
Also can be voided if a warranty is limited mileage and the vehicle is known to be clocked or items related to a missed service schedule can be excluded, ie engine damage after a missed oil change etc

Stuart
17-09-10, 06:25 PM
tbh there are enough get out clasuses that a dealer/MFR can get out of paying for anything for whatever reason they want

steviegsi
17-09-10, 06:27 PM
its most likely a stone wedged in the tread anyway....so lets leave the corporate politics out of it..

Thats what my first guess was. Happened me a while ago in the five series, annoyed my happiness for about 3 days before I realised what it was lol

Plug
17-09-10, 06:44 PM
put the spare on and go for a drive see if it still makes the same noise :thumb:

MattBrown
17-09-10, 06:45 PM
I am amazed at how good vaux are with warrentys.

A local lad has a nurburgring, running 315bhp, and is having a clutch and gearbox in it for free.

Due to killing them in something like 16k miles lol

Sloth
17-09-10, 06:48 PM
i fail to beleive that, either he hasnt told em its modded or they're thick.

mowgli
17-09-10, 06:48 PM
or he's lying about the warranty

Stuart
17-09-10, 06:49 PM
Or Matts talking dog turd as usual....

Sloth
17-09-10, 06:51 PM

ding ding ding top answer!!!! :thumb:

MattBrown
17-09-10, 06:51 PM

Aww, stu's still not getting laid:(

315 is seen from a remap and diesel airbox.

So, its not exactly hard to put back is it?

Sloth
17-09-10, 06:57 PM
maybe the fact its had 3 clutches will make the dealer realise, and tell him to fook off. we told a woman she couldnt have another clutch in her rav4 cos the fat bint rode it when driving.

Danny s-p
17-09-10, 07:15 PM
hi pete tell your mate to join vxr online there a very helpfull bunch on there and the wheel bearings are a commen fault on them they start with little ticking noise then as they get more worn they get very rumbley.

Stuart
17-09-10, 07:18 PM
hi pete tell your mate to join vxr online there a very helpfull bunch on there and the wheel bearings are a commen fault on them they start with little ticking nose then as they get more worn they get very rumbley.

but AVOID TMS in MK like the plague lol

John
17-09-10, 07:19 PM
but AVOID TMS in MK like the plague lol

They'll do warranty on modified cars though lol

Stuart
17-09-10, 07:20 PM
They'll do warranty on modified cars though lol

yeah but by feck will you need it lol

Pete
17-09-10, 10:18 PM
Well didn't get chance to go up to his today, but he rang up Archie Moss in Coalville (Near Loughborough,Leicester) and they have agreed to look at it FOC and he pays £65 once they know what the problem is and sort it. So it's being taken up there monday and will have to see what they think. But appreciate all the suggestions and i'll let you all know what it is once its diagnosed.