PDA

View Full Version : Ignition live - confused.com

Tony M
16-09-10, 03:00 PM
Right then ....

My car died on me the other night and its been pin pointed that its a ignition live problem because of no fuel pump prime plus no ECU light,
so ... I thought of a surprisingly bright idea and splice the ignition live straight from the ignition barrel straight to the ignition live right next to the ECU - to cut out any dead wire.
I pin pointed that the ignition live next to the ECU is the black/yellow wire when its just black in the bay :confused: anyhow I tested if this theory would work and the fuel pump primed straight up, but .... after taking the wire back off that was directly connecting the barrel to the black/yellow wire it now kicks in everytime again!? :tard:

But this is what concerns me -

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii195/Daywalker84/Picture0071.jpg

There's a black wire that has been cut but then 2 black/yellow wires going out to the rest of the loom??
BTW the other black wire you can see to the left is the constant live, seems to have been cut and put back together with a different colour wire at some point.

Edit - I just realised I posted in wrong section, Do'h ! lol

Lee
16-09-10, 09:09 PM
Is this a nova with a conversion? Black and yellow switched live wires lead me to believe thats either an SEH or a very early XE?

Tony M
17-09-10, 02:37 AM
Sorry mate, yes it is a Nova conversation. The engine is a Astra GTE XE non lambda.

comptoncj
17-09-10, 07:36 AM
I would have checked your fuel pump relay before doing all that, as that could give those problems when it goes wrong.

Tony M
17-09-10, 10:01 AM
I didnt think of checking it being as it was new only 3months ago.

Sloth
17-09-10, 12:11 PM
mines the same motor i just whanged a ign and cranked live to the black yellow. job done.

Tony M
17-09-10, 02:03 PM
mines the same motor i just whanged a ign and cranked live to the black yellow. job done.

Exactly what I have done now mate :thumb: