PDA

View Full Version : were do i stand fully comp ?

JordyzNova
16-09-10, 02:29 PM
24th of feb this year i crashed my nova into a telegraph pole and i got the car trailed away after the crash i was fully comp insured car was tax motd the lot . . . . ive been to court for not reporting an accident even tho the gurls house wer the pole was she was on fone to police along withg another man and the police showd up at my door 5 o'clock next morn so how wasnt it reportd :tard: . . . . ive had a letter today sayin i have been told to go to court and made to pay near £3grand for the pole but if im fully comp shudnt it cover . . . .

there was a car turning into street so i went to over take he changed his mind pulled out on me whilst i was up side of him cuz i thought he was goin left so slammed ancors on and skided was wet and crashed into pole . . . .
ok i should of waited for him to complete the turn but i didnt think that i just prosumed he was

does anybody no wer i stand shudnt the insurance cover it :confused:

any suggestions thanks

dj_wudgey
16-09-10, 02:58 PM
your insurance should pay the damage mate something isnt right!!

Jack
16-09-10, 03:35 PM
Technically you didn't report it - you should have either hung around and waited for the fuzz to show up, or contacted them yourself. But a decent lawyer could probably wangle you out of that one as you were under the impression it had been reported and you had no reason to stay on the scene.

Anyways, yeah your insurance should cover the damage to the telegraph pole. Give them a call - I'm assuming you declared the accident at the time? - and let them know you've been sent a summons and see what they say. If you have legal cover on your insurance, that will help deal with this situation.

Its a bit odd that the council (or whoever it is that maintains telegraph poles) have dragged you up in court, surely they should have sent you a bill first? Unless they did and you gave it a severe ignoring...

Plug
16-09-10, 04:09 PM
Did you claim on you insurance originally for your car when you crashed?

All I can say is get a good lawer

Southie
16-09-10, 04:13 PM
By the sounds of it "she's done the correct thing by contacting the police", did you? :roll:

Also did YOU contact YOUR insurance company to declare the crash?

Plug
16-09-10, 06:04 PM
also if your not currently still insured by the company i dout they will care tbh as you should have reported the accident to your insurance and police within 24 hours.

I also wouldnt be supprised if you get a AC10 (leaving the scene of an accident) on your licence

JordyzNova
20-09-10, 02:40 PM
i didnt claim for the car and my brother (nobby) stayed there for atleast 30mins nad yes jack bt have sent a bill threw for the pole but if im fully comp my insurance should cover the cost thats the whole point of insurance right ??

JordyzNova
20-09-10, 02:41 PM
yes i contact my inusuer the following day

Stuart
20-09-10, 02:49 PM
how much is the pole, and how much is your excess?

JordyzNova
20-09-10, 02:58 PM
near £2500 grand . . .and ermmm im not sure im named driver

MK999
20-09-10, 02:59 PM
how much is the pole, and how much is your excess?

3 grand for the pole apparently. Not exactly sure where they cost 3 grand but that's what it says in the first post...

Stuart
20-09-10, 02:59 PM
send the invoce to yoru insurers and bend over.

JordyzNova
21-09-10, 12:43 PM
meh we have done that now waiting on a reply :)