PDA

View Full Version : E16SE Conrods OR Complete standard block in good condition

kbf71
16-09-10, 11:14 AM
I am rebuilding a Stock Hatch race engine after the old one got over-revved in a crash. Its an E16SE built to strict regs so mostly standard stuff. The over-rev ovaled the conrods, but I am using 0.5mm oversize pistons (which is the maximum allowed) and it would be a shame not to use them again. I can get the crank cleaned up at a reasonable price, and obviously intend to reshell and re-ring anyway.

Anyway, I am either looking for a good set of standard 1600 rods to rebuild my own engine, or a standard bottom end in good condition to strip and reshell, etc. If I get rods, I can build mine. If I get a complete block, I can use standard stuff without a huge power loss and keep my oversize pistons for the day I break it again! haha ;)

Also (off topic but saves on making another thread) I know the 16v rods fit together differently, but are the measurements different? If I can prove that it is no performance advantage, I can use more modern stuff :thumb:

tom reid
16-09-10, 11:25 AM
I have rods, pistons and a full engine.

kbf71
22-09-10, 08:04 PM
bump!

I need at least a set of rods by monday, cash waiting :thumb:

DAN-F
23-09-10, 12:47 AM
bump!

I need at least a set of rods by monday, cash waiting :thumb:

i have 4x rods with pistons

novarally
23-09-10, 08:23 AM
I've got a block with rods and crank in it, but I'm off to Belgium today, and won't be back until Monday, so this may not be helpful for you......

novalovingned
24-09-10, 11:52 AM
I also have rods etc for a E16se, if your interested pm me.

PJR84
14-04-15, 12:49 PM
appreciate this is a old old post but if anyone has some E16se conrods please pm me!