PDA

View Full Version : C14se to carb

swedge
15-09-10, 08:58 PM
I'm just looking at my options to do with my car next

if I were to carb my c14se (coilpack) to carb which loom would be best to use for the ignition?

Would an sr loom work? Same with the distributor which would I use as I'm sure someone said I can use an sr distributor

Damo
15-09-10, 09:04 PM
I'm just looking at my options to do with my car next

if I were to carb my c14se (coilpack) to carb which loom would be best to use for the ignition?

Would an sr loom work? Same with the distributor which would I use as I'm sure someone said I can use an sr distributor

Swedge why swap from a reliable injection system to a carb, also your gonna be losing power too!.

swedge
15-09-10, 09:10 PM
Because I've always like carbs I know thier not as reliable as injection

Damo
15-09-10, 09:15 PM
Because I've always like carbs I know thier not as reliable as injection

What were you thinking of swapping for a 1.4 SR carb and manifold or twin 40's mate?

Also you'd need the wiring for the ignition from the 1.4 and there hard to get these days too.

John
15-09-10, 09:16 PM
Use the 1.4 sr mini loom and dizzy. simples.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh30/AW_06/HPIM1509.jpg

hendrix
15-09-10, 09:20 PM
which I happen to have for sale ;) lol

phazer
15-09-10, 09:30 PM
The dispack C14SE has no dizzy drive on the cam or plate you can remove either so you'd need to pick up at least the cam and cam cover from the dizzy version.

Personally I think you're mad the C14 is a great engine. Why not investigate bike throttle bodies if it's cost making you look at carbs?

swedge
15-09-10, 09:37 PM
What were you thinking of swapping for a 1.4 SR carb and manifold or twin 40's mate?

Also you'd need the wiring for the ignition from the 1.4 and there hard to get these days too.

sorry meant to say it will be for either 40's or bike carbs, I know I'd need a manifold

Dint know I'd need the cam and cam box though

Damo
15-09-10, 09:41 PM
sorry meant to say it will be for either 40's or bike carbs, I know I'd need a manifold

Dint know I'd need the cam and cam box though

I dont think you would tbh swedge as my astra had the coilpack version in it and that had the pin drive in the end of it and the plate that the coilpack bolts to unbolted and came out. But iirc the SR dissy is a slot drive so i dont know how you'd get round that tbh.

swedge
15-09-10, 10:19 PM
I'll take off the coilpack and take a pic and post it up and you guys can let me know if I can use the sr dizzy