PDA

View Full Version : Getting mardy now

ste porter
12-09-10, 06:03 PM
im starting to get mardy now as i havent touched the 4x4 nova in nearly 2 months because of other things going on!
The problem is i badly wanted it at pvs next year thats my deadline and im concerned as i am nearly 4 months behind where i wanted to be!
with work other conversions buying the new cav and getting that sorted ect ect i just havent got a chance also my workshop is full of other peoples crap that i agreed to look after for a few weeks and 3 months later they still havent collected!
just thought i would share my thoughts and have a little rant and let you know why i havent updated my build thread for a while
any body else get frustrated when they so badly want to get on with stuff but cant because of no fault of there own?

Spudly
12-09-10, 06:05 PM
Ahh dont stress it mate, sell me the cav and that will free up some space lol

Remember i knows where you live so ill come and slap you if you get too far behind bud:thumb:

bazil
12-09-10, 06:06 PM
i need a new floor in the workshop before i can cut off and renew chassis legs on the nova but ive got nowhere to put the 3 novas, vectra gsi and gte astra aswell as all the parts to get the floor done :(

is weighing in the stuff in your place too harsh?lol

ste porter
12-09-10, 06:08 PM
you want to weigh it all in come get it mate lol
you will get a fair wack as one of them is a 4.6l range rover v8!

Mike
12-09-10, 06:11 PM
Im in the same boat entirely :( an its getting me down no end, theres not enough time in the world for what I want to do with/to cars whilst working on the other side of the fricken country :(

Ive had enough an plans are afoot for a business start up of a completely different type of proffession compared to what I do now (cant wait to jack in the ole decorating bull**** either!!)

Mike
12-09-10, 06:12 PM
i need a new floor in the workshop before i can cut off and renew chassis legs on the nova but ive got nowhere to put the 3 novas, vectra gsi and gte astra aswell as all the parts to get the floor done :(

is weighing in the stuff in your place too harsh?lol

Self level one side of workshop, let it dry over night, put stuff on new said floor, self level other side, let it dry over night, job done.

bazil
12-09-10, 06:21 PM
Self level one side of workshop, let it dry over night, put stuff on new said floor, self level other side, let it dry over night, job done.

yup i was wanting to get 6cube of concrete and do it in one go but now its a cement mixer a lot of shoveling and done in two halves.

djbrowney
12-09-10, 06:23 PM
buy my cage that will shift it along lol

dj_wudgey
12-09-10, 06:28 PM
Ahh dont stress it mate, sell me the cav and that will free up some space lol

Remember i knows where you live so ill come and slap you if you get too far behind bud:thumb:

lol spud!! and i thought there wasnt much happening with it! dont worry though you will get round to it soon enough!! and as fro weighing in the range rover im game lol

hendrix
12-09-10, 06:30 PM
I know what you mean mate, my nova has literally had 8 hours work in the last year. but I am lazy. altho its really beginning to pish me off.
Now buying a house makes it seem even further away lol.
Pv next year?? :roll: lol lol

dj_wudgey
12-09-10, 06:35 PM
I know what you mean mate, my nova has literally had 8 hours work in the last year. but I am lazy. altho its really beginning to pish me off.
Now buying a house makes it seem even further away lol.
Pv next year?? :roll: lol lol

youll get it there one year matey any chance she'll make it to pv 2015?? lol

ste porter
12-09-10, 06:39 PM
im not beeing funny but it will be done by mid next year! if i get sorted and get cracked on asap but then there will be something else bring me to a holt so you may be right 2015 lol

dj_wudgey
12-09-10, 06:41 PM
ste yours will be done before then matey lol id still be scratching my head in 2015 wondering where to start if it was me lol

Lee
12-09-10, 06:53 PM
any body else get frustrated when they so badly want to get on with stuff but cant because of no fault of there own?

Too right.

I'm literally itching to get on with something, but every time I have some spare money, something comes up or I lose work I had booked meaning the money has to be saved. Combe didn't help, I was green as fook all day long :(

Mike
12-09-10, 06:55 PM
Combe didn't help, I was green as fook all day long :(

Same unfortunatly.

Andy
12-09-10, 07:04 PM
hell yes.It gets me down,im one of these people with loads of enthusiasm and ideas,but not enough disposable income to get my cars where i want them

tom reid
12-09-10, 07:28 PM
hell yes.It gets me down,im one of these people with loads of enthusiasm and ideas,but not enough disposable income to get my cars where i want them

And believe me, when you have enough disposable income, you won't have the time.
Steve, you need to prioritise, you have too many toyslol

Sloth
12-09-10, 07:51 PM
i have the other end of the issue, i have the cash and the time but the overall timescale is too short. and waiting till i move seems liek worlds away though is 8 weeks.

MK999
12-09-10, 07:59 PM
Too right.

I'm literally itching to get on with something, but every time I have some spare money, something comes up or I lose work I had booked meaning the money has to be saved. Combe didn't help, I was green as fook all day long :(

Same as, was meant to have about £1500 spare this year, student loan got dropped unexpectedly though, and then I ended up selling bits off to pay for fuel etc for uni, rather than just swapping mk2 for mk1 bits and pocketing the cash for new build etc, now I'm about £1500 short on finishing it and still paying for last year at uni :(

burgo
12-09-10, 07:59 PM
Too right.

if you were that desperate for a thrash you coulda took mine round lol

craig green
12-09-10, 08:24 PM
Not going to PV would solve your dilemma Ste! lol

If it makes anyone feel better, I dont have the space, facilities, money or enthusiasm to do anything car related. Hell it took me 5 months to do an oil change on the current car. I suck! :confused:

MK999
12-09-10, 08:29 PM
Not going to PV would solve your dilemma Ste! lol

If it makes anyone feel better, I dont have the space, facilities, money or enthusiasm to do anything car related. Hell it took me 5 months to do an oil change on the current car. I suck! :confused:

I just spent 4 days doing a headgasket. I was actually working for most of that 4 days too lol

craig green
12-09-10, 08:31 PM
Atleast you did it.

Tomorrow I will be paying Kwik fit to put on a centre section. Thats how lame I am.

MK999
12-09-10, 08:32 PM
Atleast you did it.

Tomorrow I will be paying Kwik fit to put on a centre section. Thats how lame I am.

I gave up on mine as the bolts were rusty lol I do need to do that this week though :( Welding straight tube on mine as centre/front section they wanted £85 for

craig green
12-09-10, 08:33 PM
Mine better be cheap is all I can say.
TD would be more though I can imagine.

MK999
12-09-10, 08:35 PM
Mine better be cheap is all I can say.
TD would be more though I can imagine.

big flexi on the front costs loads :( centre section was a good £25-30 alone though, not sure if 1.2 carbs have a centre box though?

mowgli
12-09-10, 08:49 PM
yup i was wanting to get 6cube of concrete and do it in one go but now its a cement mixer a lot of shoveling and done in two halves.

bazil, talk to lafarge about their agilia self levelling stuff..... ok ,it costs a bit more, but they send someone out to help you lay it too.

draper
12-09-10, 09:20 PM
i dont have no-where near enough time with mine, working shifts doesnt help as there only 3 weekends in a 2month time frame when me and my mate (where my nova is) are both off work together.

got my engine stripped and ready to rebuild as thats in my shed (and a replacement vectra engine), the cage additions/welding is all done aswell but the guy supposed to be painting it has been letting me down for the past 3weeks. ive even calmed the beerpartying down the last few weeks (and saved nearly £250 lmfao)

it'll get done when it gets done

mowgli
12-09-10, 09:27 PM
i work 6 days a week, and my missus does 3 nights a week, usually over the weekend.. i get to spend my time off keeping 3 kids quiet so she can sleep. she also has the kids busy with after school stuff all week... i never get time these days...

dj_wudgey
12-09-10, 09:39 PM
i just struggle for space to do it as i havent got a garage only a drive! if weather is bad i cant do jack sh*t on her!

Mike
12-09-10, 09:44 PM
When im not fcuking about with **** old GM motors im either at work, making carbon fibre of kevlar bits, doing work related paper work bollox, ebaying tat or working on rally cars lol

25 hour days for me most of the time.

Hobbit
12-09-10, 09:53 PM
As I've decided to move again I'm too skint to finish mine which sucks great big hairy monkey balls as I only need suspension and a bit of fiddling to get it on the road :cry:

wilson_sri
12-09-10, 10:17 PM
Excuse me for being Scottish, but what the hell does mardy mean?

dj_wudgey
12-09-10, 10:20 PM
p*ssed off lol

mowgli
12-09-10, 10:23 PM
finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after all the crappy joxt that we english have to read... a word that you lot don't understand......

here is a pretty good definition... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A769250)

dj_wudgey
12-09-10, 10:24 PM
finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after all the crappy joxt that we english have to read... a word that you lot don't understand......

here is a pretty good definition... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A769250)

that is quite a good definition lol and i agree about the joxt i cant understand any off it lol

burgo
12-09-10, 10:27 PM
i recon weeks should be 8 days long, might have some spare time then

mowgli
12-09-10, 10:29 PM
i need a tardis, oh, and some spending money....

craig green
12-09-10, 10:30 PM
i need a tardis....

Borrow mine next time you are in the area. I need it back before the next series though. ;)

mowgli
12-09-10, 10:31 PM
hmmm... i reckon yours is just a building site sh*thouse TBH

bazil
13-09-10, 12:09 AM
Excuse me for being Scottish, but what the hell does mardy mean?

scunnered, pissed aff, gutted, etc etc lol

MattBrown
13-09-10, 11:08 AM
Mines 18 miles away, Sean has a new job working alot of nights, his mrs has a bun in the oven too!

I have no liscence, no real way of getting there, and can't get slot done on my own lol

However, it's coming along I suppose.

Finished my rollover jig yesterday (wip)!

Back panel is sorted.

Just need to do both arches, and finish the front upper panel (seans mainly done the front end)

So, without him, and a couple of others I'd still be sat staring at my let engine drooling lol lol lol