PDA

View Full Version : Cant select any gears in f16 box

NitrousVaux
11-09-10, 10:12 PM
Just replaced my rattling my f20 with a second hand f16 i have got the box in but cant seem to select any gears. I have tried by hand but the selector doesnt seem to move very easily and i cant select any gears it seems. It came out of a corsa and fitted fine any ideas what i could try. I took the top linkage box off my f20 to see if i could find out what i could look at now i cant get that back on right lol anyone got a guide for overhaulin gear boxes???

Nobby
11-09-10, 10:33 PM
have you used the same thrust bearing as the old box? when i went from xe to let i used a different clutch to bearing and had to adjust the clutch upto the dash lol to get it into gear!

NitrousVaux
11-09-10, 10:54 PM
clutch is sitting really high at the mo. might have to adjust it to see, tis weird with the other box had no problems at all.

NitrousVaux
11-09-10, 10:57 PM
its pulled of the linkage bar a few times now

NitrousVaux
11-09-10, 11:19 PM
right managed to get my old box sorted now. i had taken the slector arm box off and could not select gears like my new box. I managed to reset the linakges and will noew have a play tomoz and see if this is the problem. Tis really weird.

Nobby
12-09-10, 10:22 AM
i had the same problem with mine mate but then i crashed and sold the engine so never got round to sorting it out lol

NitrousVaux
12-09-10, 04:09 PM
right managed to sort it. dont know why but the selector arm at the top had become stuck. took it off and reset it and the gearbox is fine. woo hoo no more whines, now just how to set the gearlinkage up lol

Nobby
12-09-10, 06:29 PM
piece of piss mate u got a haynes manual