PDA

View Full Version : some fool

carrie_girl_wonder
11-09-10, 08:55 PM
is trying to argue with me on facebook about how novas are poo.That 205's anf fiesta's are better. I said they're equally as good for their time etc and if modded right blah blah. Anyone else got any good reason's why nova's are ace?I said they grip well on track,are popular for track and rally etc and with a redtop and nippy. He said how a nova rusts,don't 205's and fiestas just as bad?if anyone has anything witty that I can come back with to this chap to take him off his high horse I would really appreciate it!:)

dj_wudgey
11-09-10, 08:58 PM
he's a tard they rust as bad!! just tell him to shut the f*ck up simples lol

carrie_girl_wonder
11-09-10, 08:59 PM
he's a tard they rust as bad!! just tell him to shut the f*ck up simples lol

true, i hate it when people try to use long fancy words to try and come across better than you :wtf: he's one of those,where he has ignored what i've said and been like well i think you will find blah blah.

whatever trevor!

dj_wudgey
11-09-10, 09:05 PM
lol yea easyest thing to do is just say there balls nova's kick ass then block the looser!! when i come across people that like to argue on line it p*sses me off well bad i just block them now instead off getting stressed out over it!

Pistol Pete
11-09-10, 09:06 PM
Arguing on FB about Novas....jeez, quiet night in eh?!!

carrie_girl_wonder
11-09-10, 09:10 PM
yeah I know :confused: went to a bbq but tons of kids there and food took too long so left,now waiting for the other half to finish work so I can collect him in Nova style!

All i did was post that my car may be gone next weekend and he said good riddence as they were the worst cars ever!bit harsh!:roll:

stt
11-09-10, 09:12 PM
sorry to piss on your fireworks but much as i like my novas

but......

as a general rule
205's dont rust anywhere near as bad as novas
205's handle better than novas with like for like suspension mods

svlet
11-09-10, 09:15 PM
hes just a wee d**k ignor him at least novas are worth money i mean whats a 205 worth or a fiesta thiers that many of them to chose from

dj_wudgey
11-09-10, 09:15 PM
yeah I know :confused: went to a bbq but tons of kids there and food took too long so left,now waiting for the other half to finish work so I can collect him in Nova style!

All i did was post that my car may be gone next weekend and he said good riddence as they were the worst cars ever!bit harsh!:roll:

dont worry he's just a hater block him and let him argue with some other tool lol

MK999
11-09-10, 09:16 PM
I agree with him, novas are ****. Usually shuts them up too.

carrie_girl_wonder
11-09-10, 09:16 PM
way! i know novas arn't the best but i fricking love my nova and will most likely cry if it goes next weekend :( I fixed a lot of it myself,it was a really dog of a car and now its a beauty :d

svlet
11-09-10, 09:21 PM
why you getting rid then ?

craig green
11-09-10, 09:28 PM
Theres a far bigger following for Novas IMO. They had a bad image because they were so poular & as such so many got chavved. Its pretty fair to say that they are way more durable than either of the other mentioned cars.

Certainly more successful in rallying really, though the 205 did quite well too.

svlet
11-09-10, 09:31 PM
thiers about 8 205 gti whare i live they all look like excriment but thier is no novas shows how common 205s are

Pistol Pete
11-09-10, 09:34 PM

but......

as a general rule
205's handle better standard, Novas need suspension mods ;)

That galavising works wonders eh ;) lol

craig green
11-09-10, 09:39 PM
If you put a GM engine in a french shell, you'd be onto a winner.
A french engine in a GM shell really would suck. lol

My mates F plate 205 GTi was a complete rotter come the end, so they do suffer & for the good rust reputation most french cars hav of that era, they still suffer in certain places when they have reached the age they are at now. I have been pretty biased to Novas but, truly speaking it's just a preference. If you are a die hard R5 GT turbo fan, then they are the best & likewise with Novas. If you adore them its hard to appreciate anything else.

They are all dated old 80's hatches now, which are light & so small compared with modern equivalents. You have to agree to disagree. :thumb:

stt
11-09-10, 09:40 PM
Theres a far bigger following for Novas IMO. They had a bad image because they were so poular & as such so many got chavved. Its pretty fair to say that they are way more durable than either of the other mentioned cars.

Certainly more successful in rallying really, though the 205 did quite well too.

the 205 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HMiF7ElTMY)wasnt too slow at rallying ;)

bazil
11-09-10, 09:47 PM
the 205 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HMiF7ElTMY)wasnt too slow at rallying ;)

that's not a fair fight lol
the T16 IMO was the best group B car but a poor group A car but the nova was great group A car, iirc 4th in the Manx international in the early 90's and the only cars infront of in the the top 3 were Subaru imprezzas, the winner was a full works car driven by colin mcrae, epic driving and really a good watch.

stt
11-09-10, 09:57 PM
audi s1 swb had to be the best group B imo!

bazil
11-09-10, 10:09 PM
audi s1 swb had to be the best group B imo!

the audi was and still is my favorite B car, but the car walter rohl took up pikes peak was the ultimate example of what the audi boys would have had on the stages, but again pugeot beat there hill record with the 405 T16, ( ari vattenen iirc )

Mike
11-09-10, 11:06 PM
Im gonne have to disagree with the French hatch hating here. Anyone who was at Combe would have seen some mighty quick & nimble little pugrots giving some proper screwed together other motors a right good run for there money.

Lee
11-09-10, 11:23 PM
Im gonne have to disagree with the French hatch hating here. Anyone who was at Combe would have seen some mighty quick & nimble little pugrots giving some proper screwed together other motors a right good run for there money.

I've done poo's in the past that have come out of my ass at an incredible rate of knots, and probably broken the sound barrier on its way to the pan.

But no matter how fast it was, it was still a poo :)

Mike
11-09-10, 11:31 PM

Touché lol I suppose afterall its a well known fact Nova are the fastest thing evar tho lol

Poo, French, same difference. Still a nicely going little motor mind.

Danny s-p
12-09-10, 12:03 AM
If you put a GM engine in a french shell, you'd be onto a winner.
A french engine in a GM shell really would suck. lol

My mates F plate 205 GTi was a complete rotter come the end, so they do suffer & for the good rust reputation most french cars hav of that era, they still suffer in certain places when they have reached the age they are at now. I have been pretty biased to Novas but, truly speaking it's just a preference. If you are a die hard R5 GT turbo fan, then they are the best & likewise with Novas. If you adore them its hard to appreciate anything else.

They are all dated old 80's hatches now, which are light & so small compared with modern equivalents. You have to agree to disagree. :thumb:that me all over but i think i am starting to grow out of it and appreciate cars for what they are.

wwmnw
12-09-10, 12:31 AM

but......

as a general rule
205's handle better than novas with like for like suspension mods

And they look better
Had a better engine as standard in their top model VS the Nova
Nicer wheels on their top model VS a Nova GSi/GTE

OK maybe not the looks part as I love the look of Nova's once lowered but I like the look of the 205 once lowered.

I want a 1.9 GTi :(

nova danny1
12-09-10, 02:05 AM
309 gti FTW!

bazil
12-09-10, 09:43 AM
309 goodwood FTW!

:)

dj_wudgey
12-09-10, 01:18 PM
309 gti FTW!

i do like 309's! but id still rather have my nova any day off the week! 205 gti's arent bad though ive driven a few there fun but i still prefer my nova!!

Zildjian
13-09-10, 01:12 PM
I'm a massive Nova fan, but standard for standard I'd always take the 205GTi again. My XE Nova was faster in a straightline, but it wasn't as good a car.

Balley
13-09-10, 01:17 PM
Fiesta have OHV (rattle rattle)
Or CVH (blocked breathers, lowish power outputs to)

Novas were far more popular and still are, but as they were popular it ment ****s liked them to and gave the car a bad name..

205s are cool, well the GTi is but the normal models aint, and I think you could say all Novas are cool :D And look better...

End of....

dj_wudgey
13-09-10, 01:25 PM
Fiesta have OHV (rattle rattle)
Or CVH (blocked breathers, lowish power outputs to)

Novas were far more popular and still are, but as they were popular it ment ****s liked them to and gave the car a bad name..

205s are cool, well the GTi is but the normal models aint, and I think you could say all Novas are cool :D And look better...

End of....

that was to the point mate and corect imo lol

Sloth
13-09-10, 01:31 PM
dont get me going on the cvh, ford **** management at its best. that motor is a decent engine hindered by rules changes. look at what it fathered, the zetec.

now, pugs with vaux motors eh? i seem to remember a 205 with a c20let and there is a 306 with one too.

Southie
13-09-10, 01:33 PM
Winner :d And I agree Bazil Goodwoods were brilliant.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/7186/205c20let7vd.jpg

Balley
13-09-10, 01:35 PM
I have heard of a 306 with a LET in also.

Balley
13-09-10, 01:36 PM
Winner :d And I agree Bazil Goodwoods were brilliant.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/7186/205c20let7vd.jpg

Fits rather well that :)

Southie
13-09-10, 01:38 PM
I have heard of a 306 with a LET in also.

So have I, here it is CLICKY (http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/car-talk/247972-pug-306-c20let-conversion-2.html) :thumb:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/rob306/c20letengine.jpg

Jack
13-09-10, 01:41 PM
I've done poo's in the past that have come out of my ass at an incredible rate of knots, and probably broken the sound barrier on its way to the pan.

This is why even though there's that video of a LET nova or whatever it is beating a Ferrari down the strip, the Ferrari driver still wins at life. Mainly because come the end of the race, girls will still want to ride in the Ferrari and give sexual favours to its owner.

Mind you, comparing a 205 to a Nova is like comparing a runny poo to a pile of sick.

Sloth
13-09-10, 01:56 PM
i want a white ph1 106 with a let now.....

Southie
13-09-10, 02:15 PM
i want a white ph1 106 with a let now.....

They look tight in a phase2

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/jonzink/iphone115.jpg

Sloth
13-09-10, 02:38 PM
thats in twisted too.... doent look right. still want one though....

nova_saloon
13-09-10, 02:57 PM
just say there french and end it there

Zildjian
13-09-10, 04:35 PM
Nowt wrong with French. My 406 HDi has NEVER let me down or broken.

wwmnw
13-09-10, 04:36 PM
Nowt wrong with French. My 406 HDi has NEVER let me down or broken.

Yet.

Zildjian
13-09-10, 04:38 PM
Yet.

In two years.

50 to the gallon too ;)

mayhem
13-09-10, 05:25 PM
205 is a nice car, but who's the lazy **** who designed those rear lights?!?! it looks so freaking wrong.
same goes for the wiring guy at peugeot... 19!!!! green wires behind the dash, all for other lights/functions..!
did they do a group buy on 1 colour or something?! it's a nightmare to do anything electric on a french car.

fors fiesta's are crap. end of story.

stt
13-09-10, 06:49 PM
i fitted an xe into a mates 306 once, was a good conversion imo as the xe was cheaper than a gti6 lump,
although imo the alloy block mi16 would be a better donor!