PDA

View Full Version : Nova - 1 VOSA - 0

chimp007_uk
11-09-10, 11:40 AM
As per the title, the Nova sailed through it's MOT this morning... I was bricking it. It wont be going on the road, as I'm not going to buy a tow bar and trailer it, but I wanted to know the car wasn't going to fall apart etc.

Quite a nice feeling after... :d

Only advisorary, was play in the steering boss. This is going to be changed anyway.

MK999
11-09-10, 11:42 AM
Nice one, glad one of us is having some luck, don't think I'll make it tomorrow btw... wanna buy a diesel with a headgasket half done? lol

twistysnovagte
11-09-10, 11:42 AM
good stuff, nice to see it will survive another 12 month......

Rickyb
11-09-10, 11:43 AM
result is that pall

chimp007_uk
11-09-10, 11:51 AM
I was well chuffed, as sadly the shell is now far from it's best and does needs some serious attention next year.

x MARK x : You still having difficulty lining the pullies up? Just read you're thread, tipex is always your best mate when removing cambelts... I'd be suprised if there's no timing marks for the cam, crank or pump. are they on the cover?

MK999
11-09-10, 11:56 AM
Why the **** do you always call me Mike? lol

There's no markings I can see at all, there's a notch in the pulley, which apparently points "upwards" but I can't see or feel anything at all on the cambelt cover. Didn't mark it myself as I thought it was all locked with the belt wrapped round the pump, still have no idea how the crank has moved tbh.

chimp007_uk
11-09-10, 12:02 PM
sowie... This time I have a valid excuse, I was looking at your sig!!

You think thats bad, since I met my Mrs, I've always got the date of her bday wrong, thinking it was the 30th when it fact it's the 29th... And i was so bad I convinced myself it was the 30th, last year was the final straw when I didnt call and wish her happy bday ont he 29th lol

Apologies MARK.

MK999
11-09-10, 12:05 PM
Dates I'm useless with lol I have to ask my Mum when my dads is :tard:

dj_wudgey
11-09-10, 02:04 PM
good result matey!! glad its sorted! and tell me about being sh*t with date's lol