PDA

View Full Version : whats goin off!

waynes sri
10-09-10, 10:32 PM
well ive had my letter today for my insurance renewal it was around 5 600 quid as he put it on to classic.that meant i couldnt get any no claims or if i wanted to end it i had to pay the full amount which either didnt bother me.but today the letter say that the insurance company doent wana do it this time so found me the next best deal 1800 quid!!! that isnt going to happen.plus last company new bout all mods.got 14 days till runs out any body no of any good ones? or can i had it to my other policy what ive got on my vectra? thats with the co op?... if i dont get it cheap im gonna after sell her as cant afford to pay loadz;)

craig green
10-09-10, 10:37 PM
Err have you tried Sky? The clubs ins scheme, which should do you a deal as you are a member.

w88rdy
10-09-10, 10:38 PM
Wayne i did a quote with sky and they quoted me £700 all in fully comp for my old xe with all mods declared and now yesterday they quoted me for a standard gsi with speedlines its £741! Take the p really as a second car doing not even 2000 miles a year! and thats garaged with a cat1 alarm wtf!

Nova_Tek
10-09-10, 10:40 PM
Sky quoted me £740 for my Nova once Turbo'd everything declared.

waynes sri
10-09-10, 10:43 PM
Err have you tried Sky? The clubs ins scheme, which should do you a deal as you are a member. i havent i dont think i did last time anyway so ill give them a go

waynes sri
10-09-10, 10:45 PM
Wayne i did a quote with sky and they quoted me £700 all in fully comp for my old xe with all mods declared and now yesterday they quoted me for a standard gsi with speedlines its £741! Take the p really as a second car doing not even 2000 miles a year! and thats garaged with a cat1 alarm wtf! god paul thats daft my vectras bout 7 somert so gotter br less than that as it would just blleed me dry lol

w88rdy
10-09-10, 10:51 PM
my 174bhp £17,000 van is only 460 fully comp! Tesco quoted me £680 so it looks like its staying with them for now.

waynes sri
10-09-10, 10:53 PM
my 174bhp £17,000 van is only 460 fully comp! Tesco quoted me £680 so it looks like its staying with them for now. just shows ya dont it.i stayed with co op this time round as it worked out that gone up 12 quid so buy the time i had payed to go with another compay may well stay with these.novas with performance direct at the mo

brainsnova
10-09-10, 11:38 PM
try direct line and say brainsnova said **** you lol

waynes sri
11-09-10, 07:12 PM
haha ive sorted it now got it about same price if not bit cheaper.but may sell it soon

dj_wudgey
11-09-10, 07:16 PM
haha ive sorted it now got it about same price if not bit cheaper.but may sell it soon

glad to hear you've sorted it matey!! but it will be a shame if you do have to sell such a nice example!!

Mike
11-09-10, 11:01 PM
Err have you tried Sky? The clubs ins scheme, which should do you a deal as you are a member.

Wait till either your renewal comes around an it wont be so cheap anymore OR if you have breakdown cover them an try an use it!! You wont be to impressed then to say the least ;) :mad: :mad:

MK999
11-09-10, 11:40 PM
Wait till either your renewal comes around an it wont be so cheap anymore OR if you have breakdown cover them an try an use it!! You wont be to impressed then to say the least ;) :mad: :mad:

They probably thought you were taking the piss when you said you'd made an alternator explode and the handbrake doesn't work but it's ok you'll stick it in gear on the flatbed lol

edit: "and you can't miss it, its the one with a motorcyclist dent in the front" lol

dj_wudgey
12-09-10, 02:01 PM

so i gather they are not very good then??

belly257
12-09-10, 08:20 PM
glad to hear you got insurance sorted.sky were no good for me wouldent even insure me on a nearly standard nova gsi and im 22! i have had a ban on my licence 3 year ago though

Mike
12-09-10, 09:46 PM
so i gather they are not very good then??

Cancelled the policy renewal put it that way. Not using the bread van at the minute so its not as if it needs insuring anyway. Trying to use my break down recovery was a farce to say the least though!! (policy add on recovery)