PDA

View Full Version : throttle bodied c20xe non starting

benton101
10-09-10, 06:10 PM
i have currently put throttle bodies onto the my c20xe iv had it running on standard inlet and mangement so it does run. but sine i have put my boddies on i dont get any spark due there is no power going to the coil, i am running DTA s40 pro series management and i bought a proper wiring harness from DTA so i dont think its that. i have checked the crank sensor plug (the ecu side) and im not getting any power down it either. the power to the ecu is hooked straight onto the battery with a 20A fuse and the fuse is intacked.

any ideas cause im stumpped??
cheers

benton101
13-09-10, 07:59 PM
it seems i was mistaken with the fuse, it was blown.

but i now cannot find a wire to connect it to because the 20a fuse keeps blowing, i tried the permenant live for the lights and the ignition lives but the fuse keeps going.
any ideas where i could find a wire to connect it to that will not blow the fuse, could i use the cd player live?

peester
13-09-10, 08:21 PM
so hang on, your going from the battery (perm live) to ecu, via this 20amp fuse..

and its this that keep blowing?
Is the ecu earthed good and proper? if so where..?
doesnt the ecu need a swtich/ign. live feed also?

I wouldnt jimmy it off other circuits items in the car - cant get a purer supply than directly from the battery..

Also - is the ecu new?