PDA

View Full Version : Nova buying guide?

BongMong
10-09-10, 02:36 PM
is there a buying guide for the nova..

what to look for? what questions to ask?

i come into some money due to a motorbike crash and decided i want a c20let mk2 nova.. a completed project.. i just dont want to buy one and when i come to MOT it im told it needs a reshell..

Rich
10-09-10, 02:47 PM
rust, has it been stitch welded. Pretty much anything on a nova rusts. Theres a blue mk2 let that looks decent on ebay at the moment, cheap imo too

steviegsi
10-09-10, 03:46 PM
Rust and if it's had an engine transplant, make sure you check everything, nothing worse than picking through someone elses balls ups.

swedge
10-09-10, 03:49 PM
Rust in these places

boot floor
back arches
sills
battery tray
around the strut tops
where the chassis leg meets the inner arch

And as rich said has it been stitch welded at least and what about strengthening plates?

Check the wiring too that it hasn't been bodged and thrown together

L33 LEG
10-09-10, 04:03 PM
I would wait for a decent one to come up for sale on here from a well known member, least then you know it's history.

mowgli
10-09-10, 04:22 PM
1. if its metal, it will be rusty
2. if its oily, it will be due to blow up soon.
3. if its plastic, it will crack & cost a fortune to replace...

4. or you pay about £3000+ for a known car.

best of luck

Paul
10-09-10, 04:24 PM
Buy mine!

paul james
10-09-10, 04:28 PM
If you want a Let nova, then it would be best to buy one from a known forum member on here, mig, or whatever. More chance of it being built properly, and likely to have photos of the build.

An unknown conversion on ebay might be missing the stitchwelding, properly uprated suspension, not registered engine etc.

Sloth
10-09-10, 04:30 PM
if i was after a let nova, i'd be after triggers broom, or krobinsons or lee h's or pauls.

Spudly
10-09-10, 05:26 PM
Rust in these places

The shell

lol