PDA

View Full Version : Nova Panels

Nova_Tek
09-09-10, 06:34 PM
Considering buying panels for the Nova as spares as it's likely that they'll be harder to source as the car gets older.

I've found bits like front wings, rear arches, sills. But having trouble getting hold of bonnet and front bumper irons. Anyone know who still supplies these bits?

Also got a mate who saw my bro's SR and wanted to know what it'd cost buying an SR bumper new (genuine or non-genuine). I've obviously told him that that he should look for a 2nd hand one but he wanted to know if they can be had new and how much.

I've looked on google and found some places that do most of the parts but the front SR bumper, bumper iron and bonnet seem to be illusive.
:thumb:

shed-on-wheels
09-09-10, 06:37 PM
well downmy area i get all my panels from auto parts so you can try your local spares mart fella

shed-on-wheels
09-09-10, 06:38 PM
well down my area i get all my panels from auto parts so you can try your local spares mart fella and as for the bumper i doubt you will find new ones now as the sr was out of production along time ago as you know

mayhem
09-09-10, 06:41 PM
SR (gte style) might be still available overhere.

bumper iron and bonnet also iirc.

AlexW
09-09-10, 07:55 PM
GTE (Painted bumper ofc) is/was available new not long ago from the likes of beevers etc.

bazil
09-09-10, 08:04 PM
Early style mk1 bumpers are still readily avalible here and abroad ( copies not gm ) I've seen new gte style bumpers in primer but ain't cheap.

mayhem
09-09-10, 08:12 PM
OEM bonnet, 153 euro ex tax (19%)

copie bonnet, 86 euro.

bumper iron (front) 29 euro

Nova_Tek
09-09-10, 10:34 PM
Well I need to ring Beavers to find out, IIRC on their old site it had the bonnet and bumpers there.

But as far as all the other suppliers, I couldn't find any.

bazil
09-09-10, 11:13 PM
try here
http://www.carz2.co.uk/vauxhall-nova-88393-c-331_336.html

G-nova
09-09-10, 11:54 PM
i bought my panel's from them, they are really cheap compared to other company's.
Bonnet - £106 (copy)

burgo
09-09-10, 11:59 PM
i bought my panel's from them, they are really cheap compared to other company's.
Bonnet - £106 (copy)what carz2?? would you recommend them?

Nova_Tek
10-09-10, 12:25 AM
Cheers for that link.

Just a case of finding the SR bumper and iron for my mate to gasp at the price lol

MK999
10-09-10, 12:57 AM
They are very cheap actually, arch repair panels £9.80ish a side, compared to the £20+ that beavers want now!

edit: 2 arch repairs, 2 brand new mk1 indicators complete (assume this is with bulbs/any plugs etc!) and a 6'x2' sheet of steel for random weldage, £52.50 delivered... compare that to beavers that will now want £46.50 if we still get free delivery for just the repair panels, bargain!!

Admin: Discount scheme pretty please :d

edit the edit: If you look under misc steel: "intermediate PNL" It's the stuff used for tagging cages to a shell, only for £20 for 1.25m of it, google says this is slightly cheaper than most motorsport places, seem to want about £20-25 for 0.9m although arguable that the extra 0.3 isn't much good to anyone :p

bazil
10-09-10, 07:46 AM
I've bought from them, good service IMO, I ordered over the phone to ensure the parts were in stock,

dj_wudgey
10-09-10, 10:00 AM
Considering buying panels for the Nova as spares as it's likely that they'll be harder to source as the car gets older.

I've found bits like front wings, rear arches, sills. But having trouble getting hold of bonnet and front bumper irons. Anyone know who still supplies these bits?

Also got a mate who saw my bro's SR and wanted to know what it'd cost buying an SR bumper new (genuine or non-genuine). I've obviously told him that that he should look for a 2nd hand one but he wanted to know if they can be had new and how much.

I've looked on google and found some places that do most of the parts but the front SR bumper, bumper iron and bonnet seem to be illusive.
:thumb:

im shure ive seen this on a few website's but then i searched for ten years as i wanted it to be new gm and that set me back over £200 from duick lol

Nova_Tek
10-09-10, 03:24 PM
Went and visited Vauxhall earlier to ask about all these panels and get a definite answer from them. The geeza was kind enough to spare some time to go through some bits

The bonnet, front wings, bumper are all NLS. Only thing that you can get from them is the front bumper iron - £46.

Managed to find all the panels from various suppliers except for the SR front bumper. I know OEM will be next to impossible but even trying to find a copy is proving to be difficult.

G-nova
10-09-10, 03:33 PM
what carz2?? would you recommend them?

yeah i ordered online at first and they rang me bk to confirm the delivary address and the lady was lovely and knew what she was doing excellent costomer service and really cheap like i said previously would deffinatly recomend them for nova panels.:thumb:

Nova_Tek
10-09-10, 03:41 PM
Just spoke to Beavers, they can only get the front wing (£33.50 inc vat) and bonnet (£99 inc vat). No longer have the Bumper or reinforcer.

dj_wudgey
11-09-10, 02:19 PM
well im definately glad i got a new one while i had the chance! i may be taking a trip to germany in a year or two for a nice stock up on pannels ect ect!!

Edd
11-09-10, 04:48 PM
Could someone tell me Beavers web address now they have re opened ?