PDA

View Full Version : how to put front bumper on properrely!?

richardt
09-09-10, 01:31 PM
the four side mounts have all come off and the holsters that did hold them on have snapped/bent out. i also have a custom cross member so the front mounts dont fit either. currently i have sikaflexed wood into the sides where the plastic mounts should be and screwed into them from the inner wing. but im paranoid that i'l be driving somewher and the bumper will fall off under my wheels!

L33 LEG
09-09-10, 01:40 PM
Well you can't put it on properly if all your mounts are broke or not there. Could you not fit some bonnet pins to the front of the bumper and mount them to the bumper bar or modify something for the pins?

richardt
09-09-10, 01:58 PM
im gonna go whip it off in a minute and see if i could get some bonnet pins on, but i was gonna try to keep it looking as standard as possible though

dan23
13-09-10, 08:16 PM
is it a gte bumper
you could may be make some L shaped metal plates with hols drilled in attach one on each corner an 2 at the front under the splitter

the weld another set of L shaped plates with nuts welded on to the front valance

an the secure the bumper with bolts through the plates under neath the car out of sight