PDA

View Full Version : XE Power Boost Valve piping

Dod
09-09-10, 10:03 AM
Where does the hose at the bottom of the Power Boost valve go to?

craig green
09-09-10, 10:06 AM
Think the lower one is the return.

Paul
09-09-10, 10:06 AM
Tank

Stuart
09-09-10, 12:24 PM
in the bin as the FSE is just dog turd...

GRUNT 16V
09-09-10, 12:57 PM
FSE IS THE BIGGEST HEAP OF TURD SH1TE KACK CRAP POOP POO POOPY 5HITTY 5HAT going that is all!!!!!!! (CAPS OFF)

Dod
09-09-10, 12:58 PM
Ok, anyway, when you say Tank, can you give me a bit more detail please?

Paul
09-09-10, 02:07 PM
fuel tank.

Rich
09-09-10, 02:08 PM
where the pipe used to come out the return side of the rail, went to the fuel tank. It now comes out the bottom of the fse valve and goes to the tank

Dod
09-09-10, 04:09 PM
Cheers Rich, I'm assuming the outlet for the return is blocked somehow?

craig green
09-09-10, 05:16 PM
Depends how you plumb it in, Do you have a blank for the std reg ontop the rail?

Theres nothing stopping you just adding it into the return line from the rail. It will do the same thing.

MK999
09-09-10, 05:24 PM
It will do the same thing.

Randomly alter your fuelling depending on what mood it's in lol

Dod
09-09-10, 08:10 PM
Ok, the problem is I've removed it and engine from the car. The injector rail is plumbed as per usual, the FPR has been replaced and a single pipe from there goes to the Boost Valve, it has a hose going to the inlet that would have gone from the FPR to the inlet and now I'm left with a hose at the bottom of the Boost Valve and thats where I'm stuck.

Rich
09-09-10, 08:35 PM
the plate on top will now act as the outlet for the fuel rail, so instead of going to the tank its going to the top of the fse valve where the pressure is regulated, then out of the fse valve back to the tank.

Same thing, just using a seperate regulater rather than the one built onto the fuel rail.

Dod
09-09-10, 09:08 PM
Ok, so the return in the Injector Rail is unused? I assume the FPR Blank also blanks the Return Outlet?

Stuart
09-09-10, 09:32 PM
Depends how you plumb it in, Do you have a blank for the std reg ontop the rail?

Theres nothing stopping you just adding it into the return line from the rail. It will do the same thing.

That will just make the fuel pressurise even weirder than just the FSE on its own :s

The setup should go, Tank->pump->fuel rail->regulator->return to tank

I'd say take the blanking plate off the rail and see whats what with that and you will be well set to go from there

craig green
09-09-10, 10:09 PM
Just to ask, why fit an FSE after all the bad rep they get?

I'm not an XE man, but is the feed & return on the rail anyway? So the return will need blanking?

Dod
09-09-10, 10:24 PM
The valve is on the engine and the engine is being sold as having it. TBH, I dont even know what it does but its something extra for the spec list so Meh!

Rich
09-09-10, 10:26 PM
Ok, so the return in the Injector Rail is unused? I assume the FPR Blank also blanks the Return Outlet?

yep it blanks the hole for the return and diverts the fuel to the regulator. Take the blanking plate off just to be sure though

Stuart
10-09-10, 01:46 PM
The valve is on the engine and the engine is being sold as having it. TBH, I dont even know what it does but its something extra for the spec list so Meh!

is the engine in a car? is it supposed to run?.... if either answer is no then just leave it be lol.

Or better yet, fit the std reg and just cable tie the f**king S**t equiptment reg onto the rail lol

Sloth
10-09-10, 02:30 PM
cable tied ftw.