PDA

View Full Version : vinyl removal

Euan
20-05-03, 12:20 PM
i cant wait to get this stuff off my car however i have noticed sum bubbles around my rear arch ( i burst sum off them and got shot in the face with water) i'm a bit worried about what state the body work is gonna be like under the vinyl. as i dont have ? for a respray.

any1 got any advice for removing this stuff??

Wiggie
20-05-03, 12:36 PM
im shour many ppl will deiagree, but i used/am using boiled water and 3R adhesive remover...and about 2 hours a day peeling, still havnt got it all off yet. its not easy beleive

Euan
20-05-03, 02:20 PM
what about using a heat gun is that not better??

Freak
20-05-03, 03:18 PM
well
you needa sunny day- this helps loads-trust me
In the cold it just wont unstick easily- even with the heat from the gun.

a hair drier works best, with a credit card wrapped in a rag, some autoglym glue and tar remover some white spirit, some autoglym paint restorer/t -cut, and some polish.

And it takes ages- especially when it breaks into small tiny bits.

Cjscooby
20-05-03, 09:07 PM
I would go with what Freak Says mate

I have taken one side off of mine an it came off easy but i just used a heat gun on full heat an it never even touched the paint work then just used me finger nails an the birds across the roads (until she broke one) an come off easy

Cj

Euan
21-05-03, 11:56 AM
nice 1

frog_southampton
30-06-03, 06:47 PM
what about the vinal on my boot? bottom half of my boot is covered in vinal can i do the same? will paint be ok? anyone else done it?

DUNOVA.
01-07-03, 12:11 AM
I started removing mine the other day and there are a couple of rust patches but it's mainly surface im usin a heat gun and white spirits to remove the glue takes ages and very sore fingers :cry:

frog_southampton
04-07-03, 02:09 PM
anyone else tried removing vinal on boot?