PDA

View Full Version : sorry but my nova had to go

Trendall
07-09-10, 04:32 PM
sorry but my nova had to go it was a problem child for me one thing after another. so i have now sold it and i have bought a Toyota mr2 gt. i know i know its not a vauxhall sorry. i am going to be on the look out for another nova very soon to use as a family car and keep as standard as i can (maybe lower it as mine wasa monster truck standard lol ) if im allowed i will still be coming to the shows with you. but will have to park my car behind everyone to hide my shame :thumb: so anyone with a tiny nova 1.0 litre or less. for insurance then let me know i will have a budget of £200 ish in about 2 weeks to buy one with so keep your eye's peeled for me cheers lots of luv james. AKA fred :wtf:

brainsnova
07-09-10, 04:37 PM
are you fitting the ferrari kit lol

wwmnw
07-09-10, 04:38 PM
MR2 club is that way ------> be gone traitor lol

Sloth
07-09-10, 04:46 PM
lol at mr2 gt being reliable, the engines ok, wait till you fine rampant rot everywhere....

Trendall
07-09-10, 04:46 PM
im no tratior at all im getting another nova very sharpish. i just thought i would let the world know my bussiness just like facebook lol. mr2club sucks anyway IMO there webpage loads up far to slow and makes my laptop crash... hope they dont do the same with my car lol. the ferrari kit i have been looking in to it but its 4k for it so i doubt it for now but could be a laugh. lend it out so people can pull in it :P

Plug
07-09-10, 04:48 PM
haha im also currently looking at a none vaux to replace my Nova :)

Stuart
07-09-10, 04:49 PM
hmmmm nova as a family car...... you need your head examining!

Trendall
07-09-10, 04:57 PM
just got my wire's crossed and i have relised it is a nova with mr2 shell bolted to it (hope that keeps wwmnw happy) and the car looks like its in great condition. its a uk model so shouldnt get to much rot on it. whats wrong with a nova being a family car? it has 4 and a 1/2 seats :D

wwmnw
07-09-10, 04:58 PM
Yes I R happeh nao :)

Sloth
07-09-10, 04:59 PM
uk ones rot more due to being on our roads all of their life, unlike japs that here here 1/2 thier life. has it had acambelt and water pump and coolant change? suspension bushes? brakes? battery? epas issues?

Trendall
07-09-10, 05:09 PM
it has had a cam belt and water pump but i will give it a good damn service when i pick it up on sunday. so i know its all fine. im picking it up from reading so it will have to endure a 200 mile trip home then i can go over it with a fine tooth pick to make sure it is in great condition. will get my missus to take her test soon so she can drive the next nova to the shows. do you think i could get a nova loon and chop it up to fit the shell over the mr2? just for giggles at the show's?

fastcar1cars
08-09-10, 06:48 PM
it has had a cam belt and water pump but i will give it a good damn service when i pick it up on sunday. so i know its all fine. im picking it up from reading so it will have to endure a 200 mile trip home then i can go over it with a fine tooth pick to make sure it is in great condition. will get my missus to take her test soon so she can drive the next nova to the shows. do you think i could get a nova loon and chop it up to fit the shell over the mr2? just for giggles at the show's?

yeah no problem?!

tommy8252
08-09-10, 06:56 PM
my nova is a family car 4 doors big boot = family car but do have a new astra sri for as and when the nova is off the road lol

Rich
08-09-10, 07:31 PM
isnt cambelt engine out job on the mr2?

wwmnw
08-09-10, 08:08 PM
I'd ****ing hate to take an engine out just to do a cambelt or a general service.

paul james
08-09-10, 08:23 PM
isnt cambelt engine out job on the mr2?

Nope, I don't think an MR2 (mk2 anyway) is particularly bad to work on - when a lot of cars are awkward with little room in the engine bay to get at things now.