PDA

View Full Version : No blower

steviegsi
07-09-10, 04:11 AM
I recently bought a gte, but the other day i noticed the blower isn't working. I've swapped the motor from my 1.2, but still nothing. This motor was working before, (although that was a few years ago, but the car has been dry stored, undisturbed, for that time), and seems in very good condition.

Would i be right in thinking that it should be a case of plug it in and it should work, or have i been a gimp and not noticed an earth or something for it? Is there anything else that may be at fault and has taken the blower with it?

I had considered ripping the heater out and manning up for the winter, but the car will be for occasional road use only and i think that not having a heater may prove to be a pain in the ar$e with windows steaming up etc for the next 6 months! :roll:

Royston
07-09-10, 07:16 AM
Is the spindle free? if not just put a drop on oil on each spindle bearing and get it spinning free.

Has the fuse blown? may have done if spindle was siezed on either motor.

The rheostat controlling the fan speed may be goosed/or the wires come off

steviegsi
08-09-10, 01:17 AM
Motor turns freely and all wires are in correctly. I'll see if I can get a different knob for the dash as soon as I can . Excuse my ignorance, but what is a rheostat mate ?

brainsnova
08-09-10, 01:22 AM
the thing he means is the big green bit next to the blower thats what alters the speed. you should unplug the blower and see if theres power at the plug.

Nova_Tek
08-09-10, 01:47 AM
Checked the fuse and all that? In my experience blowers very rarely die, It's normally something else, wiring, fuse, jammed motor due to dust dirt, other fibres.

It can gather a lot of rubbish, leaves and twigs can make their way through the motor, into the ducts and out through the vents into your face lol (as I found out driving on the motorway)

steviegsi
08-09-10, 09:17 AM
Brainsnova - cheers I'll have a look at that.

Novatek - fuse is spot on and no "debris" etc.

I reckon it's either the wiring or the switch on the dash tbh everything else looks super duper. Will be Friday before I can get out for a peek at it anyway

Nova Baz
08-09-10, 09:00 PM
i would change the fuse away because i've had fuses that look ok but have been u/s.

Dyfirg
08-09-10, 10:46 PM
Try swapping the switch over, have had many a Nova with only one position that works, maybe your doesn't work at all?

bazil
08-09-10, 10:48 PM
my old sr heater only worked at speed 3, the switch was iffy

burgo
08-09-10, 11:45 PM
mine only works on number one, but its a rare 2 speed switch

Stoo
08-09-10, 11:53 PM
I've got Climate control/Auto Air-con