PDA

View Full Version : parking ticket

theythinkitsallnova
06-09-10, 03:29 PM
hi folks, got my self a wee parking ticket over the weekend. the cop that wrote the ticket put the wrong reg on the ticket. he was only out by 1 letter but i've heard that the ticket could be void as its not filled in correctly.

is there any truth in this?

ps, it was a traffic cop that issued the ticket to me and it not a warden putting it on my windscreen.

thanks

Sloth
06-09-10, 03:31 PM
yup, thats true its void but you need to contact em and get it "thrown out". i'd find a "1hr free" lawyer and get his advice, or pop to citizens advice.

General Baxter
06-09-10, 03:32 PM
just pay the damn thing and be on your way, you parked like a tool, be done with it

Sloth
06-09-10, 03:33 PM
:gay: :wisewood: oooh get her, time of the month, yes? /\

General Baxter
06-09-10, 03:34 PM
as allways lol

bazil
06-09-10, 03:36 PM
Not having much luck mate lol
I'd go or phone citizens advice

pop round tonight mate, give us a look at your motor

Southie
06-09-10, 03:38 PM
How much is the fine?

Paul
06-09-10, 05:35 PM
If it was a ticket warden jus throw it away.

brainsnova
06-09-10, 05:37 PM
activate the wipers and drive off :thumb:

steviegsi
06-09-10, 09:08 PM
If it's the wrong reg I think id throw it in the bin tbh, not as if they be able to trace it back to you ?lol

Mazz
07-09-10, 10:22 AM
DON'T throw it away, they might have taken a photo and your tickets states a different plate..

Alex J
07-09-10, 09:22 PM
just pay the damn thing and be on your way, you parked like a tool, be done with itagreelol

Trendall
07-09-10, 10:06 PM
i know traffic wardens now take pictures of your number plate and tax disc and then leave the ticket with you. but with the wrong reg on it you could always say some little scruff with a nova with that reg drove past and slapped it on your window and shouted haha yours now feeker it wont work but it would be a laugh to see. but seriously get your skinny @$$ down to CAB (citizen advice bureua) in the morning or to a soliciter any will do and ask for some advice on the issuse they will take 2 minutes to say yes chuck it away or no keep it and laugh at the court.(not a good idea to do whilst still in the court room)

Stuart
07-09-10, 10:38 PM
You had best contact the authority that controls the ticketers.... see what they say, but I'd guess that you have a 1% chance of being successful (or they let you off this ONE time and anymore in future will see you done regardless)

dj_wudgey
08-09-10, 12:13 AM
id agree with some throw it out!!

Keif
08-09-10, 06:56 AM
I take it people didn't read the original post then.
It was issued by a Traffic Cop, so no photo.
It's void. They can't do you for it, as the reg number on the ticket isn't your car. End of.

Trendall
08-09-10, 11:02 AM
but traffic cops have camara's in there car's so unless the police officer hasnt drove past it or parked so he can see it then your ok. i got a ticket off a traffic cop and they showed me the video in the car of me speeding before giving me the ticket.

Hobbit
08-09-10, 02:02 PM
When Donna got done for parking by the police they took a pic of the car. She was happy as she had just washed it lol

Sloth
08-09-10, 02:11 PM
I take it people didn't read the original post then.
It was issued by a Traffic Cop, so no photo.
It's void. They can't do you for it, as the reg number on the ticket isn't your car. End of.

oi! i read it, i sadi this but no fooker lsitened lol

Stuart
08-09-10, 02:55 PM
if they correct their copy then they can ;)

Sloth
08-09-10, 02:58 PM
yr but then you can accuse them of perjury iirc or tampering with evidence.

Derick-Sport
08-09-10, 03:14 PM
my gf works in fines and fixed penaltys heres what she said, get in touch with the central ticket office they will ask for a copy of your fine and send a letter stating the officer has mis spelt so its his fault they will then send u a letter confirming the cancellation of the ticket

Stuart
08-09-10, 03:40 PM
yr but then you can accuse them of perjury iirc or tampering with evidence.

correcting a number plate is hardly a criminal offence...

iirc its been done sucessfully to a few people in the past (ie sucessfull for the police/ticketers)

mowgli
08-09-10, 03:42 PM
have they sent you a letter?? how did you get the ticket? was it stuck on your window or was it handed to you??

dj_wudgey
08-09-10, 03:54 PM
will have been stuck on the window!!

DAFTJOHN
08-09-10, 03:57 PM
Had it happen recently to me, the local authority popped a ticket on my screen and had all the details correct but noted a Mitsubishi Impreza. I waited until the reminder came in and contacted them - I had to send them a copy of my V5 showing that it's a Subaru and they waived it.

As soon as there is an error there is a doubt over the validity of the whole issue so they have to be waived.

Simple:)

dj_wudgey
08-09-10, 03:59 PM
what a retard mitsubishi impreza lol ^^

theythinkitsallnova
08-09-10, 05:29 PM
hi folks, cheers for the replies.

im going to take it in to my local station an chance my luck.

i was parked in front of a 24hr access for the council. but dont think it was sign posted. going to get pics if its not.

i had only parked there to let the engine cool down as i had been sitting in a lot of traffic an wasnt sure when the fans were coming on.

oh, this was at 11.50pm!!

mowgli
08-09-10, 05:31 PM
2 courses of action then...

1. pay up
or
2. wait till a letter arrives..... then write back telling them it wasn't yours.

Lewis.
08-09-10, 06:13 PM
hi folks, cheers for the replies.

im going to take it in to my local station an chance my luck.

i was parked in front of a 24hr access for the council. but dont think it was sign posted. going to get pics if its not.

i had only parked there to let the engine cool down as i had been sitting in a lot of traffic an wasnt sure when the fans were coming on.

oh, this was at 11.50pm!!

So you were with the car, with the engine running when he gave you the ticket? if it was getting too hot and you were letting it cool down then surely thats as if you have broken down. and at nearly midnight too. The copper sounds like a total bell end for writing you a ticket for something so petty. not like you had parked in front of an ambulance station and walked into town is it.

as if they have made a mistake on the ticken then its totally void :thumb: