PDA

View Full Version : vibration noise from cambelt!!!!!!!!!!

Damo
06-09-10, 03:21 PM
Since doing the head on my XE engine and replacing the cambelt ive now got this funny vibration noise coming from the belt area. Ive double checked everything for tightness and rechecked the belt etc but its still there does anybody have any ideas as to what it could be i know its doing to be hard to diagnos but thought id give it a whirl.

Its a '92 XE with one pulley system and they are the metal pulleys too.

Thanks in advance damo.

comptoncj
06-09-10, 06:00 PM
Have you ran it with the timing belt cover off? when i first put my belt cover on it vibrated as it was touching the bottom pully slightly.

brucer
06-09-10, 06:32 PM
as above, is the tension correct on the belt? could be slapping the cover.

w88rdy
06-09-10, 07:30 PM
Damen after checking the above did you change the rollers etc as well when it was in bits?

Just one i did ended up being noisey and it was one of the pulleys that was going funny and making a right racket once changed it was quite again

Damo
06-09-10, 08:59 PM
Compton, Yea ran it with the belt cover off and still the same the belt was a little loose but have retightened it now:confused: .

Brucer, as above matey i posted a thread yesterday aking about the early belt tensoiner but never got a concrete answer have a look if you get chance please mate.

Paul, nar left tensioners as they were the metal ones i spoke with lee h off here and he said to leave them as they'd be ok it only does it at around 2,000rpm too its silent before and after :confused: .