PDA

View Full Version : floor pan question pics please if pos

total_vauxhall
04-09-10, 10:11 PM
FOUND WHAT I WAS AFTER IN A HILLCLIMB NOVA . post no longer need cheers dan

George g
04-09-10, 10:25 PM
Ain't that pretty much what the floor is? What you doing with the exhaust?

mk1nova_rich
04-09-10, 10:34 PM
what a stupid question

total_vauxhall
04-09-10, 10:38 PM

total_vauxhall
04-09-10, 10:40 PM
what a stupid question
not realy though is it seen plenty of track cars with custom floors / tunnels ect just wonderd if anyone had done a nova .
oh btw im a welder fabricator so doing the job correct aint a problem i would just like to see how other people had done theres first

bazil
04-09-10, 10:52 PM
IMO a lot of work for very little actuall weight loss,

George g
05-09-10, 09:32 AM
Just a word of warning though, for the minimal weight you loose, you will also loose structural ridgidity of the shell, and unless you have a space frame, it will be more of a problem than good and you will see times drop round the track as your shell will be twisting more.

Pistol Pete
05-09-10, 10:01 AM
what a stupid question

Err, why? Quite a few cars have had the spare wheel well removed.

bazil
05-09-10, 10:08 AM
Err, why? Quite a few cars have had the spare wheel well removed.

the posts have been edited, his first post was about removing the actual floorpan and replacing it with thiner sheet steel

Pistol Pete
05-09-10, 10:09 AM
Oh. lol right....erm ok then??!!

total_vauxhall
05-09-10, 08:13 PM
the posts have been edited, his first post was about removing the actual floorpan and replacing it with thiner sheet steel
same thickness sheet mate . but i could make the internal floor look and work better for how i want the car set out its sorted now anyway just looked through a few track novas and got a few ideas:thumb:

mowgli
05-09-10, 08:45 PM
if you go flat floor, then you need to either cut the lower part of the bumper out, or double skin it with something, as the bumper could act like an air dam...