PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to the VAG Opel show in belgium this year?

Ben
04-09-10, 03:17 PM
http://matt_und_platt.webs.com/voorkant2.jpg

I know Lynz has been over before and that Joop sometimes goes?

svlet
04-09-10, 03:19 PM
my mum and dad are in france if i knew about this i would of went with them

mayhem
04-09-10, 04:54 PM
i'm going, lynz isnt this year.

mk1dom is coming with his astra... and that's all from here afaik.

i need more nova's there!! proper cool nova's, like benn, nick J, lynz etc

Lynsey
04-09-10, 09:18 PM
We can't make it this year but definately will be along next year :thumb: Gutted we can't go :( Have fun if you do :)

Dom
04-09-10, 10:27 PM
:d As Mayhem said ill be here and I cant wait theres a few of us going from my local area and a load of other people on AOC.
Was also quite suprised about how cheap I have done it for so far. Now all depends how much fuel I uselol

blue_peg_16v
05-09-10, 09:53 AM
ill be going next year cant this but will be there in 12 months might be worth trying to get a png trip organised for next year

Ben
05-09-10, 11:24 AM
:d As Mayhem said ill be here and I cant wait theres a few of us going from my local area and a load of other people on AOC.
Was also quite suprised about how cheap I have done it for so far. Now all depends how much fuel I uselol

TBH you can get return on the ferry for £50 it costs me £150 incl fuel for a return trip from Antwerp to Bristol.

Ben
05-09-10, 11:25 AM
ill be going next year cant this but will be there in 12 months might be worth trying to get a png trip organised for next year

Well i could easily organise things this end like finding a decent campsite etc so would certainly be worth planning, better than trax lol might be able to even get Steven (Duick) to bring the michalak across could call in all european members.

blue_peg_16v
05-09-10, 12:48 PM
that would be an awsome plan imo as ive put in n/e regional think id make a week or 2 of it tho so if there was nothing on at the ring i could nip there and also go to a beer festival as its the law if you cross in to germany lol

trax is a chav fest anyway

Lynsey
05-09-10, 12:51 PM
You lot couldn't hack me for a week or two :roll: lol but I would definately be up for the show and a couple of nights camping, then I'd probably head off to the Alps again :thumb:

I hope you manage to sort something out!

Ben
05-09-10, 04:01 PM
Good plan Ninove is only very slightly off route to the ring anyhow, could camp for the weekend there then drive down to the ring from there (will be 2hrs tops from there)

mayhem
05-09-10, 04:04 PM
so, when are you guys coming? lol

blue_peg_16v
05-09-10, 04:04 PM
sounds like a plan to me i know damper burgo novafusion and novalicious are up for a trip to the ring so this could be perfect

General Baxter
05-09-10, 04:05 PM
sounds like a plan to me i know damper burgo novafusion and novalicious are up for a trip to the ring so this could be perfect
is that not the same day at the bttc at donny ?

blue_peg_16v
05-09-10, 04:07 PM
yes were on about a png trip in 2011 tho baxter, doing the show then the ring

and ive already spoken to those mentioned about a trip to the ring next summer

mayhem
05-09-10, 04:08 PM
tbh, this is the 3rd year a thread is up about this show, and every year the plans are great, doing the show, the ring etc, and nobody comes over lol

Ben
05-09-10, 04:13 PM
tbh, this is the 3rd year a thread is up about this show, and every year the plans are great, doing the show, the ring etc, and nobody comes over lol

Very true but indulge there fantasies!

I will see you in Ninove Joop!

blue_peg_16v
05-09-10, 04:20 PM
well i am deffinatly hitting the mainland next year to go to the ring, so this would just be a nice addition to a good week away.

General Baxter
05-09-10, 04:21 PM
what even the tow truck back to the uk lol

Mike
05-09-10, 04:23 PM
yes were on about a png trip in 2011 tho baxter, doing the show then the ring

and ive already spoken to those mentioned about a trip to the ring next summer

Very interesting :cool:

General Baxter
05-09-10, 04:24 PM
im rather intrested, i feel a blast down the autobarn :p

ill have to take the limiter off lol

blue_peg_16v
05-09-10, 04:26 PM
what even the tow truck back to the uk lol

thats the plan saves on fuel lol

Mike
05-09-10, 04:27 PM
Im very interested too, altho Im already going in June ish time according my mate?

blue_peg_16v
05-09-10, 04:30 PM
would be a proper png on tour

Mike
05-09-10, 04:31 PM
This is true.... hmmmmm

blue_peg_16v
05-09-10, 04:32 PM
bets on who bins it at the ring lol

Ben
05-09-10, 04:36 PM

Lets just see who books up first!

mayhem
05-09-10, 04:39 PM
lol dont do that.. iirc guard rail on the ring is 150 euro a meter... + costs for the recovery people, and time that the track is shut down...

blue_peg_16v
05-09-10, 04:50 PM
feck thats expensive i may be like miss daisy lol

blue_peg_16v
05-09-10, 04:50 PM
anyone know the date for the show next year?

General Baxter
05-09-10, 04:58 PM

bets on who does not even make it

90% of the lets lol

blue_peg_16v
05-09-10, 06:18 PM
tbf only problem touch wood that ive had was the head gasket and thats because it was a cheap **** gasket, in fairness its been more reliable than my xe

mayhem
25-09-10, 09:40 AM
where were you ben?

it was a proper good show as usual.

Nice to meet mk1dom, and he even got me some UK clusters lol
he has a lovely astra, and a concrats to him for being in the top 25 Opels.

to make it better, even i was in top 25 with the nova:eek:
i still dont understand why, but for some reason they loved it.

some links to pic's:

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=DDAGKNVU

http://www.opel-forum.nl/viewthread.php?tid=125387&page=2

http://www.carbonvision.nl/events/10/294

http://www.coops-photo.co.uk/2010/09/21/vag-opel-show-belgium-2010/

hoping to see more PNG next year, it would be a great show for some of the cars overhere. I know for sure benn and nick J would fit right into the scene:thumb:

peester
25-09-10, 10:44 AM
im a fan of any of the euro shows/meets that go on, always find the look and ideas inspiring..
highlighted my faves..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/peester/Foto-8HSXWJYT.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/peester/P9190004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/peester/P9190071.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/peester/cord.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/peester/P9190105.jpg
Best of the lot tho...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/peester/P9190104.jpg
dont think ive seen this before, maybe its been changed a bit?.. still, need to find this car/project/owner..

i would like to hope my nova would go down pretty well too.. try n get myself down there next year

mayhem
25-09-10, 11:02 AM
that Viva is from rollhard iirc.

i really want the Zender turbo's that are on the beige mk2 golf, but there hard to find, and even harder to find with a mid-30 offset.

peester
25-09-10, 11:09 AM
well thats certainly how (bar the mk1 astra) each of those cars should be done, the viva could be best HB ive ever seen

Ben
25-09-10, 02:13 PM
where were you ben?

Sorry mate i was in friesland, went to visit a friend up there. Forgot it was the same weekend!

Graeme
25-09-10, 02:21 PM
Is there any points or special notes to make if your planning on driving in Europe, I'd love to go but are there strict noise restrictions, road side checks etc, anything to worry about if driving a modified car etc???

mayhem
25-09-10, 05:54 PM
nothing.

just keep on the correct side of the road ;)

Graeme
25-09-10, 06:02 PM
Do you have to put then ghey things on your headlight to stop blinding people? and carry a first aid kit, fire extinguiser and reflective triangle?

Edd
25-09-10, 06:13 PM
I think so but it feels a waste when you buy all that shizzle and don't use it lol

Mega fines iirc if you break down and havnt got the triangle thingy

mayhem
25-09-10, 06:20 PM
you need the gay things on the headlights, afaik belgium doesnt have the triangle rule thing.

it was a 2hr drive for me, and i was with the nova.. i didnt even carry a spare wheel, let stand a triangle and crap.

Dom
27-09-10, 02:17 PM
Yep I was there and I loved it.(even more so when winning the prize):d and I will be going back next year so if any one else fancies it just tag along. I think in total there was about 22/3 cars from the uk and from me with my mates there was 5 cars but every one else made us feel welcome and most of us convoyed to Aalst from Calais together.
Was also good to meet Mayhem and get some euro clusters(clears have now been ditched:thumb: ) and glad he won a prize as his nova is built for abuse and a purpose which makes it so cool.

With regards to taking a modifed car over we just told our insurance company where we was going got a letter I had to take from them with me.
Then just the usual Euro driving things beam adjusters(didint even fit them just had them in the car) triangle, high vis for each passanger, bulb kits, and first aid kit and the obvious GB badge. Even though we had all this onboard it never got looked at or asked about the whole trip:roll:

In total I did 486 miles and the car never missed abeat so all I can say is roll on 2011!!

Ben
27-09-10, 03:11 PM
if you have GB number plates then you dont need the stickers, i have been driving a uk car over here for 3 years and never have i fitted beam deflectors, you dont need a warning triangle if you have a flashing light just something to warn people if your broken down.

I have been pulled lots of times by belgian police (mainly for speeding and alcohol controls) and all they ever want to see is your logbook and if you dont have it then its supposed to be a pain in the ass.

ben doodar
27-09-10, 06:40 PM
If you were to go next year lynz let me know, me and the wife would love to go.

Graeme
27-09-10, 06:55 PM
I think I'm now gen'd up enough on driving abroad, what info can be offered on the show? How many days is it? What are the over night arrangements? Is it just a park up and show event or is there any racing/trade stalls/any other entertainment? Seriously considering this but maybe the year after next

mayhem
27-09-10, 08:56 PM
1 day show, 4 or 5 trade stalls. no idiots 'showing' their audio, music is provided by a dj. for small kids their is a blown up jumping thing.

it's from 10 till 5.

Dom
28-09-10, 08:52 AM
We left Bedfordshire 5am on the sat and got home at 11.30pm on the sunday although next year we are thinking of staying till the monday.
We stayed in a hotel called the BestWestern Keizershof in Aalst which is 4* and only cost 69euros for the night they have 2 secure car parks but they do charge 19 euros for the use of it for the night. Only problem we found was there breakfast is another 19euros for an all you can eat buffet but it didnt look very appertising so we tried to head to McD's but most things are shut on a sunday so we found a small supermarket and bought fresh pau'a chocolate and rolls crisps etc for through out they day.
As for getting there we went on the euro tunnel which was £69 return they also offer breakdown for not alot but wouldnt cover my astra as its over 15 years old!! To pay for the tunnel I used the old tesco clubcard vouchers as there worth 4times the vaule with eurotunnel so that part only cost me about £20(with buying the vouchers off my mum).
If there is anything else you would like to know or I have missed just ask.

Ben
28-09-10, 10:31 AM
lol mcdonalds should of been open on the sunday!

Just an idea but aalst is very small hick town, the major cities like antwerp gent or brussels are only 45-60 minutes away and then you are in a decent lively city.

mayhem
28-09-10, 04:40 PM
true, and schipperskwartier in antwerpen has a good snackbar, and proper entertainment in the area.....

Ben
29-09-10, 07:59 AM
true, and schipperskwartier in antwerpen has a good snackbar, and proper entertainment in the area.....

;) :thumb: