PDA

View Full Version : x14xe for my nova

14nova
04-09-10, 11:48 AM
i have searched on here and about putting an x14xe into a nova. i think the getting in will be the easy part but ive never done anything with wiring so am stumped.

the engine will be getting somework before going in so ill ask more questions when thats happening lol

what im looking to know is this,
i know you need the key and transponder and brain to match so i went today and am getting these along with the loom out of a tigra. i take it i need the ignition barrel to, seen no mention of this while searching just the key chip (in the key) and the transponder. im just assuming you have to replace the existing barrel and key with the tigra's key barrel and transponder

thanks
jonny

burgo
04-09-10, 01:02 PM
no you dont need the barrel, all you do is tape the tigra key to the barrel ring thing and lob it out the way under the dash somewhere

AlexW
04-09-10, 01:28 PM
As said the transponder sits around the barrel, you just need to remove it, iirc it unclips. Just remember the ecu, keychip and transponder all need to be from the same car. If you cant get a ecu set, give me a PM.

14nova
04-09-10, 02:43 PM
arite so the tigra key just needs to be near the transponder to read it

so as said a above tape key to the transponder put it in somewhere unseen

plan to get the engine and paint it up, head work and inlet then put it in, not looking forward to wiring :( my car was originally a 1.0L so need a tank and fuel lines has a 16 on a carb at present

AlexW
04-09-10, 02:57 PM
With the wiring, most of it is preety simple, if you need help when you come to wiring it in give me a pm or post up a thread il try and help as much as poss.

14nova
04-09-10, 03:11 PM
thanks aw06 will be wrecking your brain lol

does the dash have to come out? or is all that wiring separate from the engine loom?

14nova
04-09-10, 03:19 PM
just went up to see the engine the fela is selling its the bare engine and then getting the loom from scrappies. do i not need all pipes etc to though. there seems to be alot of wiring pipes etc in an engine bay

AlexW
04-09-10, 03:28 PM
Dash ideally needs to come out of the nova, in a corsa/tigra iirc you can split it without the dash needing to be removed.

Your need the corsa heater matrix pipes ideally, as well as the non-aircon top hose off the thermostat. As for other coolant hoses its all nova stuff (Your need a nova GTE/GSi Bottom rad hose but if you do need one, again, PM me.)

Your need the standard nova brake servo pipe but needs to be modified slighty with a bit of hose and a pair of jubliee clips. As for other vaccum hoses there arnt many needed other than the map sensor, cam cover one and iirc thats all.

Depends how bare the engine is too.

14nova
04-09-10, 06:55 PM
by bare i mean no wire etc. the starter and alternator, injectors etc are on just wires etc arent on. think im picking it up this week so pics will be posted

14nova
05-09-10, 10:05 PM
turns out the fella want more money for the engine now.

ive sourced a 16 gte nova head. im assuming this will offer better performance than my spi head. also take it it will have bigger ports etc and round ports on the inlet.

i plan to have bit work done till it and fit it using my pierburg for a while untill i can afford T40s
sound like a good idea?