PDA

View Full Version : ebay rant....

Sloth
03-09-10, 05:15 PM
heres my experience of ebay...

listed my car on sunday just gone, typed a nice clear advert, and used another ad for a similar nova for the title and the legal jargon bit at the end of the ad. had a few messages from keen people, and 2 offers, both close to the reserve. went out this morning after answering a message from a prospective buyer, came back 10 mins ago to find ebay have removed the listing!!!:mad:
they state that because my title stated
"1992 vauxhall nova sx c20xe not let v6 corsa"
that it breaches ebays policy on unrelated titles. having done a fast ebay search i have turned up numerous items listed like this, and it seems everyone is doing it, so all i can think is that some petty little **** has reported it. luckily i can relist it for free, but im now reporting around 200 falsely advertised items just for the hell of it. if the person who reported it is reading this, cheers, i hope you get aids. oh and the ad i copied my title from sold without issue, so i know i have been reported and not just "picked up" :thumb:

feel free to post your experiences...

svlet
03-09-10, 05:20 PM
i hope you get aids <<< that bit made me laught. some people just cant help them selvs but to be a**holes or jelous hope it gets sold tho.

craig green
03-09-10, 05:21 PM
Can't you send anthrax to ebay HQ?

Sloth
03-09-10, 05:24 PM
tempted craig, fake stuff so i dont get done. lets see if any of the ones i report get taken off.....

paul james
03-09-10, 05:25 PM
ebay themselves are highly double standard when it comes to cancelling auctions - even blatently crooked ones. I reckon they cancel some just to show that they are doing something, but let a whole load slip through since it makes them so much money on fees.

Pistol Pete
03-09-10, 05:25 PM
TBH i see why your pissed off. I know that titles such as what you listed are a no no, yet i see them all the time. It would appear some numpty reported you (wasnt me BTW!). Ebay sucks at times...infact alot of the time.

Sloth
03-09-10, 05:29 PM
aye, thing is i actually needed it to sell, asmy medical has come through ok, so i need rid asap. im now down a week. ebay ftl. i hope someone feeds their server bum warts.

General Baxter
03-09-10, 05:29 PM
do you want money or just rid of it lol

svlet
03-09-10, 05:30 PM
i have seen worse where the title states.... the car is not a 1.3 1.4 1.6 sr gte gsi or red top standard 1.2 merit . how do they get away with that and you get your advert taken off for having its not a let.

brainsnova
03-09-10, 05:31 PM
someone probs reported it after being :gay: lol

Sloth
03-09-10, 05:31 PM
id like 1500, which was the reserve, and it looked promising.

svlet
03-09-10, 05:36 PM
cant you get back in contact with the people who offerd you money and such

Stuart
03-09-10, 05:38 PM
twasnt me, I dont search ebay for cars, and also cant be arsed to be that mean to you :p

Sloth
03-09-10, 05:40 PM
fankoo stu, btw my medical cleared today, so i just have to wait till oct 15th and ferk off. :)

svlet, i can but they offere 1200 and such, i want a minimum of 1500. which was the reserve, and it had a 2k b.i.n

svlet
03-09-10, 05:43 PM
whats a b.i.n ? my brother has just recently returned from australia and he said he loved it and would go back now if he had the chance hope you enjoy it.

mayhem
03-09-10, 05:46 PM
erm.. i dont report people. but i agree with egay.

i fcking hate ads that state c20ne/c20xe/c20let/v6.

it's a f*cking vectra headlight FFS.

Sloth
03-09-10, 05:52 PM
svlet, buy it now, joop, its the first car ive advertised, and tbh seeing as every ad i see is like it i thought it wasnt an issue, yeah i should have read the rules but who honestly does? also this bad boy just earnt a reporting....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-205-GTI-NOT-SAXO-CORSA-FIESTA-TURBO-REDTOP-/120614386697?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c152d7c09

Ben
03-09-10, 05:55 PM
put it on with £1800 buy it now and accept best offers, best way of lisiting on ebay imo and agree you should have had it removed as its not a let or a v6 i too hate people that do that.

svlet
03-09-10, 05:56 PM
also this bad boy just earnt a reporting....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-205-GTI-NOT-SAXO-CORSA-FIESTA-TURBO-REDTOP-/120614386697?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c152d7c09[/quote] hahahahahahahahaha thats taking it a bit far now i mean you stated a fact he has just blatently disobayed the rules

Ben
03-09-10, 05:57 PM
svlet, buy it now, joop, its the first car ive advertised, and tbh seeing as every ad i see is like it i thought it wasnt an issue, yeah i should have read the rules but who honestly does? also this bad boy just earnt a reporting....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-205-GTI-NOT-SAXO-CORSA-FIESTA-TURBO-REDTOP-/120614386697?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c152d7c09

Reported it too lol

Sloth
03-09-10, 06:07 PM
cheers! i can see thier point but why not just change the listing title? ahh well, ben i shall do that next time mate. ta!

Jack
03-09-10, 11:05 PM
OR

You could have just read the rules which you agreed to by listing and item.

FFS

Keywords are a PITA, iirc ebay do actively search for particular words. Doesn't mean someone has reported it.

steviegsi
04-09-10, 12:18 AM
Agree about using a buy it now with best offer on eBay, far better than an auction because then everyone knows what you need for the item, thus don't need to hassle you with '' what's the lowest price? Swap a moped and a night out with my mates sister for it? '' type questions. My preferred way of buying stuff also.
Glad to hear eBay are actually being active in removing items with those stupid titles as they severly pi55 me off. Can't blame you for trying it though!

Sloth
04-09-10, 12:20 AM
pix of sister/\

steviegsi
04-09-10, 12:22 AM
Lol was just exaggerating an email I got when advertising on gumtree last year. Although it may have a gold chain and a moped!

AlexW
04-09-10, 12:26 AM
Change of direction.....

ebay can be up and down depending if your buying or selling, i recently won some wheels for £10 which the seller was a right **** about. Loads of lies later and threats of bad feedback etc etc etc, i finally got a address and picked up the badly described wheels. Now being hassled to leave feedback by the seller....

Sloth
04-09-10, 12:34 AM
true, but my ad etc was a fookin blinder. ah i dunno. classified ad it is methinks.....

AlexW
04-09-10, 12:35 AM
I presume its already up on PH? Ive had more success there than i have ebay, isnt it like £28 for ebay too?

Sloth
04-09-10, 01:18 AM
18 notes on gaybay, ill bang it on p/h tomorrow.

Ben
04-09-10, 05:40 AM
fook me i used to moan at £6 for a car ad!

bmw156
04-09-10, 09:53 AM
lol rob i had the same thing befor, i listed something, with the title and "as new" and ebay removed it because apprantly i was spamming,
it was still sealed in packing. hence like new lol.
i just relisted it like you said for free with out the as new part.

MattBrown
04-09-10, 10:22 AM
Its stupid.

I have had that prokart on 3 times.

Got some stupid welsh cnut come to collect, sorry, its too big:S I was like fk off, right now, and chased the cut down the road.

I was in shock, a prokart, thats a propper prokart size, was too big.

The he said it was for his 4 year old granson:s

Yeah, 70mph kart for a 4 year old.

Fukk tard.

Had my day with selling on ebay, cba with the 0 feedback wnkers

L14MNP
04-09-10, 11:01 AM
It's been crystal clear that you can't list as 'not this not that' etc in eBay titles for ages now. Years tbh! lol

It makes me laugh, it's just a waste of characters anyway. I don't subscribe to the thinking that somone looking for an example an LET Corsa will suddenly change their mind and go for the XE because they were drawn in by the title either.

No question, B.I.N O.B.O is the only way to roll. I have done this for ages now, and it saves so much fcuking about, also negates the need to shill bid to stop your gear going for pennies lol.

When you have something like say a wiper motor for a Nova and list it at 99p you must be stoned. As it's clear a bidding war is not going to develop over that and you will be lucky to get £2. If you had listed as BI.N O.B.O though...

Also, cancelling the transaction is a firm favourite of mine. The buyer gets their goods, the seller gets their money and eBay don't get their theiving, ever increasing jewtax! Everybody wins. lol

Shame I barely use the place now, cos I am awesome at it. lol.

Pistol Pete
04-09-10, 12:07 PM
Erm, fail by me coming up...B.I.N (buy it now) but, O.B.O??

Spudly
04-09-10, 12:15 PM
I would guess at, Buy it now, or best offer?

Pistol Pete
04-09-10, 12:17 PM
lol that would make sense!!

Ben
04-09-10, 03:10 PM
It's been crystal clear that you can't list as 'not this not that' etc in eBay titles for ages now. Years tbh! lol

It makes me laugh, it's just a waste of characters anyway. I don't subscribe to the thinking that somone looking for an example an LET Corsa will suddenly change their mind and go for the XE because they were drawn in by the title either.

No question, B.I.N O.B.O is the only way to roll. I have done this for ages now, and it saves so much fcuking about, also negates the need to shill bid to stop your gear going for pennies lol.

When you have something like say a wiper motor for a Nova and list it at 99p you must be stoned. As it's clear a bidding war is not going to develop over that and you will be lucky to get £2. If you had listed as BI.N O.B.O though...

Also, cancelling the transaction is a firm favourite of mine. The buyer gets their goods, the seller gets their money and eBay don't get their theiving, ever increasing jewtax! Everybody wins. lol

Shame I barely use the place now, cos I am awesome at it. lol.

I could have wrote that word for word lol couldnt agree more.

Ben
04-09-10, 03:11 PM
Yeah, 70mph kart for a 4 year old.

Bit like 250bhp let for an 18yr old! :tard:

Angus Closier
04-09-10, 07:46 PM
How can you complain about your add being "reported" then report others? You know the rules of ebay, don't cry about it when it gets taken off.
I can see how its annoying to you etc but rules are there for a reason. That one is a good one, I HATE going through loads of listings looking for something and finding loads of things I really didnt want to find. IF I did I would have searched for it.

Lynsey
04-09-10, 08:36 PM
Bit like 250bhp let for an 18yr old! :tard:

And not even one who can drive at that! One who's been banned within his first year!! lol

At least you get to list again for feree :thumb: Can't you message the guys who offered you before?

mowgli
05-09-10, 01:57 PM
m3t7er2... stop spamming threads. it is neither big or clever.

anyway, back at the thread..

i only reported 1 seller for a nova ad... they had advertised a 4door with 500 stickers on as a 1.4 turbo, and kids were bidding like crazy on it, when the engine pic obviously had no turbo..... i got a whole heap off the seller for that.... these days i just threaten the seller to change their listing or i will report it.. it works pretty well.

my current pet hate is just how much old crap is suddenly 'autograss, drift, oval, trackday, rally' etc, when it is obviously old suspension that is off a 1.0

L14MNP
05-09-10, 01:59 PM
m3t7er2... stop spamming threads. it is neither big or clever.
my current pet hate is just how much old crap is suddenly 'autograss, drift, oval, trackday, rally' etc, when it is obviously old suspension that is off a 1.0

I will happily put some of that crap in the title on occasion. It depends what yu are selling. Also, if people decide to bid on something it clearly isn't then it's their own stupd fault. :thumb:

mowgli
05-09-10, 02:02 PM
1.0 std suspension is obviously not suitable for any of the above.......

putting a misleading title is an annoyance to many people though.

Mike
05-09-10, 02:03 PM
I will happily put some of that crap in the title on occasion. It depends what yu are selling. Also, if people decide to bid on something it clearly isn't then it's their own stupd fault. :thumb:

IMHO thats a bit of grey area. If you look in the back of any service vehicle on an event, there will be loads of standard OE or OE qaulity parts for that "just in case" scenario.

Yeah ok, I market quite a few items with "race/rally/autograss" in the title, but I go with the above theory of there just in case spare parts.

L14MNP
05-09-10, 02:05 PM
Bingo. putting race/rally/drift/track day etc is fine. As it is plausible. I will only put it once I have the important info in the title though.

It's not misleading, as whatever I'm selling could be used in those applications, and is popular, hence my typing it in the first place.

FYI I wouldn't sell 1.0 suspension, so I agree there. lol

Bubba
05-09-10, 02:08 PM
people like that **** me off

L14MNP
05-09-10, 02:14 PM
People like Mike/Ben/me etc? lol

Let me guess, you're one of the early bid brigade too?

eBay is an easy game to play, both selling and buying if you know what you're doing, but the fees are extortianate these days so it's not worth the bother a lot of the time.

My most recent big win was a brand new alloy FMIC that can hack 45psi and 350bhp for £51 posted. You just h ave to be on the ball. lol

Mike
05-09-10, 02:15 PM
lol lol at early bid brigade lol

Bubba
05-09-10, 02:15 PM
i search for something, and i get **** that has nothing to even do with it

mowgli
05-09-10, 02:17 PM
from the one who knows the value of a shilling..........

i don't bid early on much.. occasionally, i stick one in early to 'scare' away other bidders.... but it rarely works.

L14MNP
05-09-10, 02:30 PM
Bid late, if it goes for more than you were prepared to give then so be it. I never understood the point in pushing up the price days in advance.

I'd be the same if i went to a real auction. lol

L33 LEG
05-09-10, 02:37 PM
heres my experience of ebay...

listed my car on sunday just gone, typed a nice clear advert, and used another ad for a similar nova for the title and the legal jargon bit at the end of the ad. had a few messages from keen people, and 2 offers, both close to the reserve. went out this morning after answering a message from a prospective buyer, came back 10 mins ago to find ebay have removed the listing!!!:mad:
they state that because my title stated
"1992 vauxhall nova sx c20xe not let v6 corsa"
that it breaches ebays policy on unrelated titles. having done a fast ebay search i have turned up numerous items listed like this, and it seems everyone is doing it, so all i can think is that some petty little **** has reported it. luckily i can relist it for free, but im now reporting around 200 falsely advertised items just for the hell of it. if the person who reported it is reading this, cheers, i hope you get aids. oh and the ad i copied my title from sold without issue, so i know i have been reported and not just "picked up" :thumb:

feel free to post your experiences...

You're crying over being reported by a 'little ****' and then you reported 200 people for the same thing :wtf: what a bellend lol

Mike
05-09-10, 02:43 PM
Bid late, if it goes for more than you were prepared to give then so be it. I never understood the point in pushing up the price days in advance.

I'd be the same if i went to a real auction. lol

Altho from a sellers point of view its always a bonus lol

L14MNP
05-09-10, 02:48 PM
Altho from a sellers point of view its always a bonus lol

Definitley! lol

Luckily (when selling) the place is full of 'tards that bid early.

The V300 owners club is hilarious, they have an 'eBay spotted' thread and link stuff up and won't outbid each other etc.

"I have my bid in (6 days early) wish me luck gents" etc LMAO.

When I bagged the louvre with 1 second to spare I didn't know it was in the spotted thread, no surprise it was though TBH (I don't look) and I ruffled a few feathers as I wasn't down on the 'bidders list' I have also found stuff and won it and upset a few by not informing them what I had come across! hahaha. :thumb:

Mike
05-09-10, 02:51 PM
Theres a similiar thing on Corsa C gayers UK, a eBay spotted forum section. Ridiculous really as there driving the prices up simply by linking the auction to the site thus costing themselves more money if its something a user on there wants to buy/win lol lol lol

mowgli
05-09-10, 02:53 PM
/\ thats why ebay links got stuck in members only.... wasn't it?

L14MNP
05-09-10, 02:55 PM
There should be a rule on every forum. No eBay links! Yeah you may miss out on some stuff, but usually if you are needing soemthing you will search for it anyway - then keep it under your hat! lol

Sloth
05-09-10, 07:38 PM
just sat through a 40 minuite tutorial on what not to do when selling, and basically anything that isnt related to the item is now a no-no and they wil pull it. so autograss/ralyy/race when your selling 1.0 fun front seats will get you boned.

L14MNP
05-09-10, 07:48 PM
lol you don't need a tutorial to tell you that!

mowgli
05-09-10, 07:57 PM
just sat through a 40 minuite tutorial on what not to do when selling, and basically anything that isnt related to the item is now a no-no and they wil pull it. so autograss/ralyy/race when your selling 1.0 fun front seats will get you boned.

its a pity ebay haven't tried putting 'vauxhall nova' in the search box before they got on their high horse.......

Mike
05-09-10, 08:24 PM
Well ive just had a fooking steal of a bargain on eBay tonight so as far as im concerned eBay can do what they like with auction titles lol lol

Sloth
06-09-10, 12:06 AM
bought a 4k let for 99p?

svlet
06-09-10, 12:16 AM
hows the sale going any intrest?

Sloth
06-09-10, 12:21 AM
spot on, got a lad popping over tomorrow. its also on p/h aswell.

svlet
06-09-10, 12:24 AM
sounds good hope it aint some time waster with £150 and a claped out corsa looking to swap lol

Sloth
06-09-10, 12:44 AM
lmao...

Sloth
06-09-10, 06:54 PM
lol, and so the retards come:

Dear slothsport,

156bhp according to wikipedia?
not a chance with that ridiculous ecotec pipe restricting the flow...
what a parcel

- gimme_sum_plant182

feel free to send him nasty messages. utter cokksukker. he hath been reported to the bay.

Ben
06-09-10, 06:57 PM
Why has he been reported? For questioning your bhp claims?

MK999
06-09-10, 07:04 PM
Why has he been reported? For questioning your bhp claims?

Wikipedia rolling roaded my engine too, I think it's spot on.

Markd89
06-09-10, 07:16 PM
lol, and so the retards come:

Dear slothsport,

156bhp according to wikipedia?
not a chance with that ridiculous ecotec pipe restricting the flow...
what a parcel

- gimme_sum_plant182

feel free to send him nasty messages. utter cokksukker. he hath been reported to the bay.

haha :thumb:

Sloth
06-09-10, 07:21 PM
no for being a cokk, and sending spam questions.

Angus Closier
06-09-10, 09:24 PM
Well I really doubt its going to be 156bhp still lol

Still a pointless question/comment to send to you though....

svlet
06-09-10, 09:43 PM
so how did it go with that boy then or was it a £150 and a claped out corsa job

Sloth
06-09-10, 10:46 PM
he offered 1400 and a saxo vtr with a fooked box, i told him to sell the saxo and come back with the money, so he is gonna try and sell it.