PDA

View Full Version : Log book help please!!

Danb1987
03-09-10, 09:54 AM
Right.... Last week I brought a corsa c but didn't think to ask about the log book!! My dad n girlfriends gone to pick it up today and there's no log book :( I think it's registered c20xe as when I typed it in the insurance it came up 1998cc. And I did a hpi check that came up all clear but also 1998cc

When I apply for a new log book it will come back registered wont it??
Number plates BG52lhz if anyone can help me?

Ben
03-09-10, 10:00 AM
If its showing as 1998cc then yes it will come back as a 2.0l on the logbook.

Need to fill in the V62 and pay £25.

Danb1987
03-09-10, 10:10 AM
Thanks for that matey!

MattBrown
03-09-10, 10:15 AM
Personally be carefull.

Without a book, it is possibly stolen, ringed etc.

Danb1987
03-09-10, 10:19 AM
If Ida known I wouldn't have brought it! But I'm at work so my dad n gf had to go get it..... The hpi check came back all clear thow no record of bieng stolen or wrote off or anything!!

7ova
03-09-10, 10:21 AM
have they told you why they havent got a log book?
keep hold of there name and address and contact numbers

Danb1987
03-09-10, 10:24 AM
Dnt worry about that lol I know where he lives his number and what car he drives ;) if there s any comebacks he will feel the Wrath!!! :) pahaa but yeah he just said he never got one when he brought it and got 20 quid off to get one lol.... 50th post!!! Woohhoooo

Jack
03-09-10, 11:21 AM
Vehicle check comes back as a 2.0 litre, so its already logged etc. As Ben said, just apply for a new V5.

Interestingly though, its coming up on the vehicle check as 135g/Km CO2 - the emissions of the original 1.0 12v engine - so only £110 road tax. Win lol

dj_wudgey
03-09-10, 12:29 PM
Personally be carefull.

Without a book, it is possibly stolen, ringed etc.

id say the same id never buy a car without a log book and service history!!

Ben
03-09-10, 05:42 PM
id say the same id never buy a car without a log book and service history!!

Service history is a joke, tbh i am more wary of cars with FSH as most of the time its false and fronted. The more genuine cars have been looked after by small garages and people who just have things done when and where needed.

As for the logbook there are hundrteds of reasons why people lose or forget them, as the guy said he had HPi'd it which is not always a sure fire thing but better than nowt. If the car adds up and looks like it should then you will be fine, tbh a 52 plate corsa is not exactly worth ringing and tbh nobody i have ever known would even bother trying to sale a stolen or rung car without a logbook they would always make sure all the paperwork is in order before even trying.

Spudly
03-09-10, 06:12 PM
Right.... Last week I brought a corsa c but didn't think to ask about the log book!! My dad n girlfriends gone to pick it up today and there's no log book :( I think it's registered c20xe as when I typed it in the insurance it came up 1998cc. And I did a hpi check that came up all clear but also 1998cc

When I apply for a new log book it will come back registered wont it??
Number plates BG52lhz if anyone can help me?

The previous owner probably kept the log book since you appear to have just taken then car from him without paying for it, and not BOUGHT it from him :p

Sloth
03-09-10, 06:59 PM
Vehicle check comes back as a 2.0 litre, so its already logged etc. As Ben said, just apply for a new V5.

Interestingly though, its coming up on the vehicle check as 135g/Km CO2 - the emissions of the original 1.0 12v engine - so only £110 road tax. Win lol

all cars registered under the newer co2 style tax system keep the original co2 group when you change the motor. so whanging a 7 ltr v8 into that 2002 fiesta means cheap tax.