PDA

View Full Version : 2.0l 8valve turbo info

tashley6
03-09-10, 07:17 AM
Rite I'm building a c20ne turbo! I've been doing quite abit of reserch for this and I've got mixed ideas now so any info will help! Right the info I've reserched is you can use standard iternals with no depressuer shim and run a max of 10psi boost! Safley with standard management a big intercooler and a t3 turbo off RST. Now I plan to run standard mamagement and a t3 turbo and want to use the shim for saftey and obvisley an inter cooler! Now if any 1 could give me info on how big an inter cooler I should use? And any use full info bearing in mind this is a budget rebuil! I hav already gathered togeather the c20ne and turbo and manifold. The shim I could do with nowing wher to get 1 from?

djshaggeh
03-09-10, 08:39 AM
http://www.ferriday.co.uk/

Sloth
03-09-10, 05:22 PM
2 small intercoolers in series is actually more effective on a sub 5 ltr car. also you need a boost sensing rising rate fuel pressure reg.

craig green
03-09-10, 05:27 PM
Fit the biggest IC you sensibly can, bearing in mind theres not a great deal of room, and ay 10psi you wont be creating huge intake temps on a T3.

As for the fuel reg, buy a decent one, not a knock-off fake.

I am thinking of getting one for myself & have been looking at Aeromotive & SARD stuff. Nearly £200 for the real thing, but a patchy reg that wont hold a constant pressure will only help you melt the thing. thats probably THE most important aspect of playing with forced induction, the fuel reg.

tashley6
05-09-10, 08:42 AM
Rang up about the shim its £102 plus £9 postage but been offered sum c20let pistons now I no thay will fit the bors but what about ther gudgin pin? And cheers fot the inter cooler info with 2 in a row but the oni prob with that is room and amount of piping!! As for ther rising pressure valve I forgot to mention I haven't had much to do with no quite sur how it works obviosly raises the fule pressure but how's it no when to? Also I'm thinking of using the frontera intercooler woul this be sufficiant? Cheers for the advice boys keep it comming pleas

mowgli
05-09-10, 09:55 AM
get interweb searching c20get engines... factory turbo 8v from america.

BigBadNova
05-09-10, 10:10 AM
If you are wanting info reguarding doing an 8v turbo conversion you need to go onto vaux-extreme.com and go into the 8v turbo section. There is endless info on there and the guys know evrything there is to know about it aswel.

tashley6
06-09-10, 07:14 AM
The c20get engine is not an option well 2 expensive! Shipping ect and the extream vauxhall web site is wher I collected most if not all the info for my build I'm just trying to iron owt all the details so I'm clear on which root to go! Now I've been offered sum c20let pistons foe next to nothing. Obviousley second hand but what's peoples views on using second hand pistons with obvious new rings? Big ends ect? Also dose anyone no for defo if the engine will run using standard management? Its the 15.2 mamagement with the air flow meter and not the air mass? Cheers ash

Sloth
06-09-10, 07:46 AM
what do you mean 15.2? what car is your engine from?

craig green
06-09-10, 10:20 AM
If you have an AFM, all the better as the liklihood is the management is older & capable of running richer.

The rising rate FPR uses its vacuum source to raise the pressure. Its a vac pipe plumbed into the inlet which senses vac/pressure.

You will need C20LEt con rods for the pistons to fit on your crank.

tashley6
06-09-10, 01:47 PM
what do you mean 15.2? what car is your engine from?
At the min its a seh which is owt of a mk2 cav and its running ne loom from a astra gsi with the air flow meter. Not the big flappy box mass meter! That's what I'm running at the moment with chip 4 to 1 manifold and ast 15 or 17 can't remember its been in a wile now still running realy strong just want more power haha

tashley6
06-09-10, 01:52 PM
Wasn't sure if the pistons would fit but cheers for awnsering me that haha I was tod ther was sumthing pressed in the turbo pistons and not on standard xe/ne/seh? And also the loom and engine I am converting is from a german astra gsi not sure on year tho!

Sloth
06-09-10, 01:59 PM
the later maf type loom and ecu like you have isn't any good for turboing, you need the earlier setup. you need psitons and rods from a let, and fit them complete. it would be easier for you to buy a complete early ne engine, loom and ecu.

tashley6
06-09-10, 02:18 PM
The info I have got off. Vaux extream was that you needed the loom ecu and air mass meter I have ! But you could be right I have both set ups any how and the flappy setup has lamber sensor on for mixture purpose! And I'm thinking against the let pistons now as i m thinking the rods could be a pain to get hold of! By the way off subject I'm working down your end on the hull tidal barrier referb !

Sloth
06-09-10, 02:28 PM
lol let the fooker flood....

thew later system is less adaptive to boost etc. id source a c20ne froma mk3 cav, fit the lets with the rods and fit a t3 hybrid, adjustable fpr, and run 12psi. happy as a pig in sh1t. :)

tashley6
14-09-10, 05:12 PM
been looking in to the let pistons and got myself a set and the con rods are exactley the same