PDA

View Full Version : Long lost relatives

hendrix
02-09-10, 09:27 PM
Has anyone else found out about immediate family who they never knew due to divorce or whatever?
I just found out yesterday after 26 years that I have a half brother and sister by the same father (I have never met him) and tons of cousins.
I've just started chatting to my sister on facebook and it really feels quite odd. But in the same sense really good to know I have relatives. The only blood relatives I have in England are my mum and gran so its a bit thin on the ground haha.
Just had to share with someone. please don't rip me!
:thumb:

scott.parker
02-09-10, 09:40 PM
Luckily my family is all quite normal and boring, no surprises in store for me!

Least i hope not..lol

But, good for you dude, must be quite nice to find a set of relatives you never had till today.

Scott

hendrix
02-09-10, 09:44 PM
Yeah man its bloody awesome
Just chatting so much now haha

mk1nova_rich
02-09-10, 09:54 PM
At least you didnt shag any of them before you found out lol

hendrix
02-09-10, 10:04 PM
afpmsl

tom reid
02-09-10, 10:08 PM
Erm, Hendrix, Im your dad:plol

hendrix
02-09-10, 10:18 PM
awww Tommy :) Daddy haha
I'm pretty sure they are Greek lol

tom reid
02-09-10, 10:20 PM
Yep thats right son, Thomasinanoutis Yerarsis.

hendrix
02-09-10, 10:26 PM
hahahahaah. shunting post ahoy!!

djbrowney
02-09-10, 10:38 PM
More than enough wasters in my family, i wouldnt want to no if there was any more lol

Pete
02-09-10, 11:02 PM
More than enough wasters in my family, i wouldnt want to no if there was any more lol

ditto that :thumb:

Jack
02-09-10, 11:08 PM
shunting post ahoy!!
http://www.eastsomersetrailway.com/media/images/medium/0/0027_l-39-1.jpg

wwmnw
02-09-10, 11:30 PM
Met me dad on my 24th birthday hadn't seem him for about 18 years, does that count as long lost relatives? Aint told my mam yet though and not sure how she'd take it.

dj_wudgey
03-09-10, 12:54 PM
my family is boring aswell lol but glad you found more family dude!!

Ben
03-09-10, 06:04 PM
I too never met my dad as he done a bunk when i was 6 months old, found him and sent him a snotty letter when was 18, found i had 2 half sisters who he done a bunk on so god knows how many off us there are lol.

Now i know where the seed sowing comes from!

mowgli
03-09-10, 06:39 PM
when i read half sister. i thought... oooh a midget!!!! sorry..

families are ridiculously screwed up at the best of times...

my kids think they have got 8 grandparents..... because of divorce.....

try not to get too involved too quick... we don't want to be seeing you on mr kyle's show...

Mike
03-09-10, 06:41 PM
My mums well into all that ancestry bollox if that counts. Her side of the family many many many moons ago we're relations to Anne Frank (allegedly but I think shes talking bollockles)

mowgli
03-09-10, 06:49 PM
ahh the amsterdam connection....

hendrix
04-09-10, 12:29 AM
well now they are trying to get me to talk with my Dad. I have never ever met him and really don't know what to do. erghhhhhhhh this sh!t is so complicated its baking me dome.

draper
04-09-10, 01:39 AM
i dont get on with the ones i know about - **** the rest if there are any !!

tom reid
04-09-10, 09:08 AM
well now they are trying to get me to talk with my Dad. I have never ever met him and really don't know what to do. erghhhhhhhh this sh!t is so complicated its baking me dome.

What do you want to do?, are you curious as to who this guy is?

mayhem
04-09-10, 10:12 AM
due to an father who's an alcoholic and stuff, i havent seen my father and all of his family for about 12 yrs now.

i dont mind, recently he found me on windows live, and i told him to die of cancer fast (his new wife died of cancer about a month earlyer).

he said i'm not his son anymore lol that's okay, i never seen him as a father, he's just a spermdonor imo.

MattBrown
04-09-10, 10:16 AM
Im one the unusual kids.

My mum and dad are still married!

Most of my mates have split rents.

Lol at mikes amsterdam connections;) FTW I suppose lol

Hobbit
04-09-10, 01:26 PM
Apparently my grandparents on my dad sise were related before they got married :wtf: if you know what I mean.

He changed his name to Woodward, we dont know what his Dads (my great grandfathers) name was. So tracking family history is pretty hard.

On my mums side I have some Irish, bit of German and some Dutch. :)

Lynsey
04-09-10, 02:27 PM
My mum kicked my lying, cheating, scumbag of a father out when we were just kids and he never kept his promises to come over at weekends and stuff so we all cut him out of our lives. We knew he had a daughter with his ex (who I'm in touch with) and I started chatting to her on Facebook. I have since found out that between my mum and his ex, he had another girlfriend and they had a little boy. He's between my little (6ft2" lol) brother and my little half-sister, so I think he must be about 17/18 just now. I have left it at the moment because I don't want to mess his life up if he thinks his step-dad is his real dad etc. I can't find his mum on there to message. He might be an 'only child' though and never know he has two brothers and three sisters :(

Oh, and I found they lying, cheating scumbag too lol

So yeah, I know where you're coming from! I hope everything works out for you :thumb:

Ben
04-09-10, 03:13 PM

I wasnt i couldnt care for seeing mine ever!

kelbelle
05-09-10, 07:05 PM
My friend started dating a lad Gavin who lived across the road from her and we all became really good friends. About a month later I was getting ready for a night out and my mum showed me a photo on her phone of Gavin so I said 'oh thats Gavin, Sade's boyfriend' (not really thinking about why she had a photo of him) and she said 'Oh my god, that's your cousin'. She hasn't spoken to her brother in 15 years and Gavin is his son. How odd! I had been really could friends with my cousin for over a month and didnt even know who he was lol

Also I was bowling once and an old man came up to me and said 'You MUST be Paula's daughter', I am so said yes and he said 'Nice to meet you, I'm your Grandad's brother (So my great uncle). I look that much like my mum he just knew who I was.

mowgli
05-09-10, 07:25 PM
how have you resisted the urge to ring jeremy kyle for so long.....

Ben
05-09-10, 08:36 PM
My friend started dating a lad Gavin who lived across the road from her and we all became really good friends. About a month later I was getting ready for a night out and my mum showed me a photo on her phone of Gavin so I said 'oh thats Gavin, Sade's boyfriend' (not really thinking about why she had a photo of him) and she said 'Oh my god, that's your cousin'. She hasn't spoken to her brother in 15 years and Gavin is his son. How odd! I had been really could friends with my cousin for over a month and didnt even know who he was lol

Also I was bowling once and an old man came up to me and said 'You MUST be Paula's daughter', I am so said yes and he said 'Nice to meet you, I'm your Grandad's brother (So my great uncle). I look that much like my mum he just knew who I was.

Lucky you were only friends and he wasnt giving you a length!

Andy
05-09-10, 08:40 PM
how have you resisted the urge to ring jeremy kyle for so long.....
if genital fluids had been exchanged then.....it would have made it onto his show

hendrix
06-09-10, 10:55 PM
I dunno tbh, only just getting my head around finding a brother and sister. I am kinda curious but not ready yet I don't think. Guess we'll see where it ends up :thumb:

Lynsey
06-09-10, 11:03 PM
As Jez says, "take your time and don't expect too much" :thumb: